Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Perry takes on Ben Bernanke
Perry's right on target 8 50.00%
I support Quantitate Easing 0 0%
Perry's just a rabble rouser 8 50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:26 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times

Advertisements

Honestly, he's picked the right target here. Benny and Timmy are part of the team which sank Obama and the economy.

I personally think QE has been a failure as it has done little to revive the economy.

Rick Perry jabs Bernanke, says "printing more money ... is almost treasonous" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 08:30 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Just more evidence he's an opportunist, preaching the flavor of the month. All hat no cattle as they say in Texas.

Perry = Obama?

Old 08-16-2011, 08:33 AM

888 posts, read 887,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Honestly, he's picked the right target here. Benny and Timmy are part of the team which sank Obama and the economy.

I personally think QE has been a failure as it has done little to revive the economy.

Rick Perry jabs Bernanke, says "printing more money ... is almost treasonous" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
Actually your poll is flawed, because it does not give one important choice:
Perry is preaching the flavor of the month as an opportunist.
Ron Paul has been saying this stuff for a long time.
I am sorry but Rabble Rousing or whatever that choice you have as #3 is not clear enough.

You ought to redo the poll.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:34 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
perry has been out of character in the past few days, saying stuff that actually makes sense.

i don't expect this trend to last. In fact you can see it coming apart at the seams, he says, " Printing more money to play politics at this particular time..," which makes little sense to me. it's not like printing money is popular among the public; it's viewed as necessary by the Fed to keep us from slipping into the deflationary spiral that Congress is trying to send us into. Perry can be critical all he wants, but does he have a better plan?

Quote:
Rep. Ron Paul, a fellow Texan running for president, has made bashing the Fed a signature of his career and even wrote a book about it in 2009: "End the Fed." But Paul is not seen as likely to get the GOP nomination, while Perry is seen as a front-runner with former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney and Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota.
Note the passive language. The author doesn't have the balls to say, " I don't think Paul is likely to get the GOP nomination," he hides behind these weasel words, "Paul is not seen as likely..." Not seen by whom?

Old 08-16-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
I am sorry but Rabble Rousing or whatever that choice you have as #3 is not clear enough.

Dude, you said "flavor of the month" too? Damn, what are the odds?!

Old 08-16-2011, 08:37 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:

How can a person who wanted to secede from the union because the President is black call someone else treasonous.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
How can a person who wanted to secede from the union because the President is black call someone else treasonous.
Cite where Perry said he was seceding because the president was black?

Old 08-16-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post

Ron Paul will not win the nomination, never. He's a genius candidate, but lacks charisma and bull$h!t rhetoric which appeals to the masses. Geniuses don't win elections. They only write books

How can Perry be an opportunist?? He just announced his nomination and he stepped on to the right bandwagon.

The opportunist is Michelle Bachmann.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I don't think that is true.

And Texas "can" and "is free to" secede, if I can recall Texans saying that. It's not like he asked for something unwritten, though secession is just crazy talk.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:05 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
I don't think that is true.

And Texas "can" and "is free to" secede, if I can recall Texans saying that. It's not like he asked for something unwritten, though secession is just crazy talk.
Its not just crazy talk,he is crazy and treasonous.
RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies