Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2011, 12:15 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

If these folks would spend as much time trying to find a job as they do trying to scam the system they would be in much better situation. I guess they can't sell em for .40 on the dollar like the old days since it comes on debit cards for JP Morgan to make money now.

"The Bangor Daily News put a spotlight on water dumping in August 2010 after a pair of men purchased $86.79 in bottled water from the Shaw’s in Bangor, dumped it out behind the store and returned the empties for $24.
Store employees at the time described the practice of water dumping as common, a sentiment that is shared by police."

Food stamp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 10:41 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,851,545 times
I heard about this and could not believe it. So you go to the store and buy a few cases of bottled water (I guess you get the least expensive; 3 cases of 24 for $10.00), empty out the water and return the bottles? Maine requires a deposit on bottled water, $.05. To get $24, these guys had to have had 480 bottles.

What a waste. I am glad NH does not have a deposit on anything....

Old 08-22-2011, 10:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
The "bought the water" with? I could see this working if they stole the water.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:07 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The "bought the water" with? I could see this working if they stole the water.
Greg, you have to think like a criminal (which all people who get foodstamps are, naturally).

The people who 'dump water' don't care how much it cost to actually buy the water; what they want is the CASH (which they get for returning the bottles).

People on foodstamps do not get cash or the old 'actual' foodstamps. It's my understanding that everything is on a debit card now.

Oh, yeah...ps...

Regarding the title of this thread...
Obama thought that scam up and is teaching it to the masses himself. Only certain people get his secret emails on how to scam the system.

Hahahahahaha
ROLFMAO

Old 08-22-2011, 11:16 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Scamming me out of my tax dollars is a serious offense in my book. Give them a felony rap sheet and ruin their lives. I could care less if they have to live in a tent in the swamp gutter for the rest of their worthless days on this planet. They treat my generosity like crap, then I treat them like crap in return. You reap what you sow in Aero's America.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:45 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
The people who 'dump water' don't care how much it cost to actually buy the water; what they want is the CASH (which they get for returning the bottles).
Of course they want cash. You can't buy crack and beer with Food Stamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
People on foodstamps do not get cash or the old 'actual' foodstamps. It's my understanding that everything is on a debit card now.
Yes that is correct. In the old days it was script and I remember working my union job at Kroger's which was of great value to me because my union benefit was $0.10/hour more than minimum wage, but people would buy candy bars and you give a $10 Food Stamp Script knowing you don't have any of the $1 or $5 Food Stamp Scripts in your cash drawer so you would have to pay them in actual cash, which they would promptly use to buy beer.

I'm surprised Vilsack hasn't classified Beer as Food yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Scamming me out of my tax dollars is a serious offense in my book. Give them a felony rap sheet and ruin their lives. I could care less if they have to live in a tent in the swamp gutter for the rest of their worthless days on this planet. They treat my generosity like crap, then I treat them like crap in return. You reap what you sow in Aero's America.
Ironic how they show us no respect at all and then demand to be respected in return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies