Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that blacks in America are getting special rights and privileges?
Yes 67 59.82%
No 41 36.61%
Not sure 4 3.57%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 08:27 AM

38,133 posts, read 22,253,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
No I do not agree and I believe that anyone who agrees with this believes that whites should be entitled to special privileges. What's the saying about being free, White and 21? There are a whole lot of White people upset about having a black president. They see this as the loss of white privelege. It isn't that blacks are getting special priveleges, it is more about the fear of blacks and other minorities having the same priveleges or power that whites do.
...all w/o any facts to back it up. I swear, most of your posts offer no facts, just partisanship and conjecture on your part. I never heard of the phrase the being "White and 21" equates to being free, what circles of people to you walk in where people talk like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 08:28 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,932,551 times
no. the unemployment gap between blacks and whites is proof.

[SIZE=2]A young, white, male high school graduate with a felony conviction applies in person for entry level jobs as a driver, a dishwasher, a laborer, warehouse worker and production worker that are advertised in the newspaper and admits to employers that he served 18 months in prison for possession of cocaine with intent to sell.

A young black man with similar education, work history and style of presentation, but with no criminal record, applies for the same jobs.

Who do you think is more likely to be called back?

If you picked the white man with the felony conviction, you guessed right.[/SIZE]

Study Shows How Deeply Black Men Face Discrimination In Hiring

this is what i talk about when i say the system is rigged for whites.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:45 AM

37,973 posts, read 17,926,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He said that Obama got a "tremendous benefit" from social programs for blacks, and that Obama's goal is to "create dependency" because "it worked so well for him".

Coburn: Obama's "Intent Is To Create Dependency Because It Worked So Well For Him" | RealClearPolitics
Dependency has been around for a long time. Ask FDR.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:47 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,478,937 times
Yes, there is bias from this administration. No other proof is needed, just go look at what the DoJ did about the NBP voter intimidation case and look at how they are ignoring the rising problems with flash mobs. Also look at all the racism coming from the blacks in DC.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:54 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,341,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yes, there is bias from this administration. No other proof is needed, just go look at what the DoJ did about the NBP voter intimidation case and look at how they are ignoring the rising problems with flash mobs. Also look at all the racism coming from the blacks in DC.
What in the world is the president supposed to do about flash mobs?

Old 08-22-2011, 08:56 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,478,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
What in the world is the president supposed to do about flash mobs?
Maybe Holder can address "his people" as he likes to call them. Instead the DoJ and the DHS put out cheesy videos depicting whites to be the main cause for concern.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:05 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,482,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You can't be serious right? You guys need to make up your minds in this forum. First its Obama is starting a race war and black people are reaping all the benefits, Obama is being racially divisive by just standing there, oh Obama hasn't done anything for the Blacks because their unemployment is about 16% (And then go to another thread to complain about black people on welfare and not working like there are plenty of jobs to go around for everyone to work). Now its Obama is being bias in favor of black people. Make up your minds people. I swear some of you guys are ridiculous.

I'd say there's about what 3 or 4 race threads created everyday about stupid stuff. I'm black and I have yet to see any special rights or privileges from it other than people thinking I can ball, or that I'm fast, or that they think I can sing. Oy vey.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:08 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,225,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
You can't be serious right? You guys need to make up your minds in this forum. First its Obama is starting a race war and black people are reaping all the benefits, Obama is being racially divisive by just standing there, oh Obama hasn't done anything for the Blacks because their unemployment is about 16% (And then go to another thread to complain about black people on welfare and not working like there are plenty of jobs to go around for everyone to work). Now its Obama is being bias in favor of black people. Make up your minds people. I swear some of you guys are ridiculous.

I'd say there's about what 3 or 4 race threads created everyday about stupid stuff. I'm black and I have yet to see any special rights or privileges from it other than people thinking I can ball, or that I'm fast, or that they think I can sing. Oy vey.
I answered yes. An example of government benefits specifically to blacks are:

United Negro College Fund
Frederick Douglass Scholars Program
Mordecai Wyatt Johnson Program
The National Black Nurses Association
The March of Dimes Nursing Scholarships
The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
The American Psychological Association's minority fellowship program

(could you imagine if there was a 'united white persons college fund'?)

There are absolutely government-funded benefits for blacks. That is a fact...not a debate. The real question for debate is whether those benefits should exist or not.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:15 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,255,128 times
Anyone who benefits from laws or policies specifically designed to target that group has been granted special rights above those the policy doesnt help.
Affirmative Action does just that. It often prevents most quailified from getting the job in favor of meeting the policy.
Work in a factory you see the effects all the time. certain groups need not meet minimim requirements because the policy says we need x amount of group Y to promote. Thats live and life aint always fair. If you want to beat that system make sure you are at the top of your own group.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:20 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,177,107 times
There are people who gets special consideration based on their race, the color of their skin, and it's supported by law. There are colleges allowing admissions of people who score lower on admission tests, because of the color of their skin.

There are people who are hired based on the color of their skin, so they can meet government regulations that require certain percentages of various people be hired.

The best person for the job is the ONLY way to go. it doesn't matter if they are black, white, yellow, or red. Male, or female, muslim or christian, or jewish, old or young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies