Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 11:41 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
It matters quite a bit to know who is on your "side" and who isn't don't you think? Why do you think it doesn't matter?
It doesn't matter to them because they are all on the same team in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 11:41 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I'm not a centrist. I'm not on the left or right, either. Both those terms are fairly meaningless and compel a person to defend views that appear to me to be indefensibly bad. Centrist usually means taking the worst ideas from both.

I voted for Obama, but don't consider myself a Democrat.

Call me a member of the anti-wackaloon party.
I'll say your lost since you seem to agree or disagree with the actions depending on who it upsets. Your words not mine.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:42 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If you speak of side, I would say, Gaddaffi was surely not on our side. Besides, it is an issue that the Libyans have to deal with. They asked for help, we helped on humanitarian grounds.
Surely before you start killing people, spending millions, into the billions, of dollars on weapons of war you want to know who's side you're fighting for? Are you saying you don't care who we side with?

Old 08-24-2011, 11:43 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times
Quote:
If you speak of side, I would say, Gaddaffi was surely not on our side. Besides, it is an issue that the Libyans have to deal with. They asked for help, we helped on humanitarian grounds.
It was anything but humanitarian... This is a banker takeover of a country that was debt free... The U.S. is a puppet for the Bankers...

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Well, we've had 6 months to get to know who the anti-Qadaffi forces are. They wrote a draft Constitution and are planning for elections. They have opened diplomatic relations with 50 countries including ours. Nobody knows what the future will hold, but it appears to be off to a good start.
And in those six months who are they again? Nobody knows. Probably more friendly Muslim brudderhood folks. It's been working out pretty well in Egypt as long as your not Christian and if your a woman you don the burka and take your place in the world of Muslim insanity.

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Surely before you start killing people, spending millions, into the billions, of dollars on weapons of war you want to know who's side you're fighting for? Are you saying you don't care who we side with?
May be a good time to recall your posts in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
It was anything but humanitarian... This is a banker takeover of a country that was debt free... The U.S. is a puppet for the Bankers...
I guess that is why the right wingers were complaining about Obama not doing anything about Libya... and when he did, they started complaining about doing it.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:44 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
From what the rebel council said the other day they are a number pof tribes that he ask not to start fight amoug themselves for power.Other that that no one seems to know really .

Old 08-24-2011, 11:44 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
I'm not a centrist. I'm not on the left or right, either. Both those terms are fairly meaningless and compel a person to defend views that appear to me to be indefensibly bad. Centrist usually means taking the worst ideas from both.

I voted for Obama, but don't consider myself a Democrat.

Call me a member of the anti-wackaloon party.
If you voted for Obama, but don't consider yourself
a democrat, I'm curious what political stances of his
you found appealing as a non democrat

If you didn't vote for McCain/Palin ticket I can understand
the anti wackaloon party position, but really...
to try and distance Obama from the democratic party is well...impossible.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:45 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
May be a good time to recall your posts in this thread.

I guess that is why the right wingers were complaining about Obama not doing anything about Libya... and when he did, they started complaining about doing it.
Come on, guy. Don't deflect. Answer my question. Recalling past posts before anyone knew what was going on isn't going to help you.

Quote:

Old 08-24-2011, 11:48 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times

Why Gadhafi must die! - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies