Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 04:54 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,388,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I so want good change to happen but like now soon. Although my immediate family is financially well i know too many real good people who are not. It truly does sadden me I know too many people who had very good jobs, and some were on those jobs for over 20 25 yrs starting as young ladds. No one expects to lose a job you had forever, but it is happening, and sad for middleaged men. I want my friends to be happy once again, and to be able to pick up the pieces from having lost a jobs, and more then half their home. I felt so bad for an acquaintaince i know. That last week i gave her, a cherry entertainment center, a beautiful couch with carvings and detail, and a coffee table to match, a chair and a extra dining set. They are younger, and i felt so sorry for them, they had no furniture, i feel good, she is so excited glad i could bring a bit of happinesses to their lives.
If i were able to see some imporvement i could say well gees, things are getting better, but the longer that times passes by, the worse off we seem to be getting, so not good.
That was very nice of you. I'd like to see the economy improve also. This is a global issue. It hurts when I see posts that refer to the elderly and disabled as "the entitled". Many of us are just surviving and aren't trying to "cheat the system". There seems to be a lack of compassion for those that are having it tough. It's refreshing to read of kind acts such as yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 05:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
That was very nice of you. I'd like to see the economy improve also. This is a global issue. It hurts when I see posts that refer to the elderly and disabled as "the entitled". Many of us are just surviving and aren't trying to "cheat the system". There seems to be a lack of compassion for those that are having it tough. It's refreshing to read of kind acts such as yours.
I understand where you are coming from. Besides this family i have given furniture to others in the past, i figure like this even quality furniture at a garage sale, or in craig's list is not going to sell for what you paid for the items.

I much rather give it away to a family or someone i know who needs it. I also try and help with food, if i have extra food, i will send it where it needs to go. Everyone i know is watching their money, everyone, even us, i am the worlds' worst penny pincher, but don't think i lack on quality, i make deals with everyone, otherwise i don't buy.
I have a knack for making deals with everything i buy, my hubby walks away, he knows me by now, but the thng is, he is not laughing when i get such great deals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies