Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 02:31 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I agree. What the hell is wrong with south Florida, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands? Heck, the water off Puerto Rico and the USVI is as warm or warmer than the Yucatan and the air temp is higher
It's a lot cheaper to vacation in Mexico. Not to mention, Mexico is one of the most beautiful countries on our planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 02:32 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,991,578 times
Quote:
I agree. What the hell is wrong with south Florida, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands? Heck, the water off Puerto Rico and the USVI is as warm or warmer than the Yucatan and the air temp is higher
Theres much more to FL than merely south Florida.
Only the wannabes go there.

1,759 posts, read 2,029,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Sorry, maybe I should have read you post a bit more carefully. It's just that I see many people who seem to be legitimately clueless about US-Mexico relations.
No prob, sorry to sound snarky.

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
It's a lot cheaper to vacation in Mexico. Not to mention, Mexico is one of the most beautiful countries on our planet.
Oh right, PR and USVI use the dollar whereas Mexico uses a peso not worth the paper it's printed on

2,409 posts, read 3,040,813 times
Quote:
Hey Im the first to admit Mexico from a geographical standpoint is a very beautiful country........ But the days of me spending my money in that 3rd world craphole are over!

Old 08-26-2011, 02:34 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
So what if it's cheaper? So is chinese made crap and look where that has gotten us? The American people are cheap that's the problem. They want cheap crap be it vacations or plastic trinkets and apparel but they don't want the repercussions that come from 3rd world labor and companies offshoring American jobs to satisfy their hyperconsumption of junk.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:35 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,689,672 times
Heres a question for Calderon. Why are you such a crappy leader. Seems like Presidente Uribe was able to set Columbia straight. WTF is your problem you POS.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:35 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,829,971 times
U.S. Military bans Jaurez, Mexico. In case you didn't know that. Like banning travel to Iraq. It's not a "travel advisory." It's banned and you can go to jail if you get caught being over there.

Airman Killed in Juarez Despite Military Ban on Travel | KTSM News Channel 9

Old 08-26-2011, 02:36 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,984,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Legalizing weed does nothing about crack, heroin, coke, the whole shabang. Of course your not taking into consideration the unintended consequences of legalizing weed like creating more drug addicts who then move onto the next best thing. Then there is the driving while smoking. Any test on the market that can detect when one is able to drive? One bong hit or two over the limit?

People already do drive stoned! I don't condone it, nor would I. Then again I am a logical and responsible individual, and I won't drive drunk either! I understand you being apprehensive about the thought of legalizing heroin, coke, meth ect... all are HIGHLY ADDICTIVE, and there is a HUGE risk for death from overdose. On the other hand, there is no proof that one can get physically addicted to pot! Secondly, there is no proof that one can overdose from smoking pot! Christ... alcohol is worse on the body than pot! You know it's a damn shame that you have people out there making synthetic pot (spice, recently banned in Ohio BTW) which is MUCH more dangerous than the real thing, and yet a GOD given plant is... a natural substance is illegal!

Let's at least start with ending the prohibition of pot that was based on nothing but lies, and propaganda placed out there by special interest groups, and worry about what we'll do with the harder s**** later! Either way, I don't think someone taking drugs should be considered a criminal offense. Stupid yes! Criminal? Hardly.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:37 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Theres much more to FL than merely south Florida.
Only the wannabes go there.
Yes, but S. FL is where the warmest water and temps are. I mean the geographical south of Florida, not Miami
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies