Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 03:34 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Hmmm...maybe they could slum it and report on Michelle's massages and expensive Vodka?
Did the queen come back to Washington with him, or is she hiding in a bunker with her servants, getting her nails done, the peons want to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 03:36 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I lived thru the hype of Y2K, swine flu (twice), bird flu, Carmageddon (an LA thing) and probably others I've forgotten. This isn't about Obama.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:36 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
He didnt cause Katrina. he just hired "heckuva job Brownie" show horse judge to do nothing about it later...
It's called reassuring the public, the opposite of what this joker likes to do.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:46 PM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Default Irene and Obama related

Irene is newsworthy because Obama is living in the fema office to watch its progress.

Imagine, Obama on top of current events.

Guess they promised him a free T-shirt everytime he visits fema.

Irene and Obama, perfect together! Kith and kin, each a tempest attempting to destroy America.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Irene is newsworthy because Obama is living in the fema office to watch its progress.

Imagine, Obama on top of current events.

Guess they promised him a free T-shirt everytime he visits fema.

Irene and Obama, perfect together! Kith and kin, each a tempest attempting to destroy America.
Wow, what a well stated post. I really liked the last part.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:54 PM

If he wasn't there people would be complaining. You know it's true so why bother?? Seriously.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:55 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If one lives in "hurricane country" then those types of things are to be expected. They were screaming about NY and NJ being underwater and all kinds of nonsense for a week. How all those folks in the Caribbean manage to survive I'll never know.
Portions of NY will be underwater regardless of whether this is a cat 1 or not. There has already been some loss of life and there will be more. By the way, it's a good thing that this hurricane won't be on the same scale as Katrina but it will be a disaster nonetheless.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:03 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Face it folks, this hurricane was a perfect opportunity to show how prepared the Obama administration were prepared for a disaster. I am sure there were millions of dollars spent in the hopes of making Obama look good. I am also sure that there were experts out there who knew that this would be a Category I hurricane when it hit land. What was that about never wasting an opportunity?

Old 08-27-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Face it folks, this hurricane was a perfect opportunity to show how prepared the Obama administration were prepared for a disaster. I am sure there were millions of dollars spent in the hopes of making Obama look good. I am also sure that there were experts out there who knew that this would be a Category I hurricane when it hit land. What was that about never wasting an opportunity?
I hope the fact that this might not be a disaster of biblical proportions afterall doesn't mean whoevers administration won't be just as prepared next time.

I'm not sure about the "experts". We don't control the weather and can't predict everything even though we like to think we are just all that.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:22 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
The problem with this storm isn't the winds, its the size, and the amount of water it is pushing.

Anyone in Florida can tell you that most of the damage from a Hurricane isn't done by wind, its done by water.

Ask the guys I work with who were sitting in their attics drinking bear and eating potato chips during Katrina, while their houses flooded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies