Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 05:16 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
We should open their books and see what they've been up to. Ron Paul is the only one that will force that issue. The Federal Reserve is not something you should be defending, they actually got us into this recession. They print money out of thin air, lend it to us, and charge us interest on the loan of our own money. Time to end this game.

The Federal Reserve caused the economic recession - YouTube
Recessions happened before the Fed existed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 05:24 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Recessions happened before the Fed existed.
The Federal Reserve came about in 1913, Great Depression 1929 into the 40's
What recessions are you talking about.

We are getting way off topic. We need to examine the Federal Reserve, Ron Paul is the man to do it.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:41 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
A subpoena was sent to Occidental college for his records. Instead of just abiding by the subpoena, they contacted some big shot attorney's and got the subpoena quashed. He goes so far as to threaten them with sanctions. Doesn't that strike you as odd?
nope.

the keyes v bowen case. the trial was already in progress when the subpoena was served ( the "big shot attorney" was already working ). it wasn't a valid subpoena ( defense wasn't notified in advance ) and wasn't relevant to the keyes v bowen case. that's why it got quashed. nothing odd there.

motion to quash:

http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/wp-co.../02/quash3.pdf

Last edited by wrecking ball; 08-30-2011 at 05:58 PM..

Old 08-30-2011, 05:41 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Someone should launch an investigation into these pressing and important issues, but it will cost money.

PM me for instructions on how to send money to my PayPal account.

/chumps

Old 08-30-2011, 06:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
He can release them anytime. Not one leak, I think that's odd.
A subpoena was sent to Occidental college for his records. Instead of just abiding by the subpoena, they contacted some big shot attorney's and got the subpoena quashed. He goes so far as to threaten them with sanctions. Doesn't that strike you as odd? The right to privacy is completely absurd when you are defending the records of a potential or sitting president.
the latest ruling includes

Judge Lamberth Grants Defendant's Summary Judgement Killing Obama Social Security Number Case | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records
The court has ruled that the public interest is not served by release of his records.
Truth is stranger n fiction. I assume you would think it's okay if a Republican candidate made the same claim - but I wouldn't.
Yes, Obama could release anything he wants to. Who else released any transcripts, birth certificates, client lists, baptism certificates, kindergarten records and the like. It does not strike me as odd that there hasn't been one leak. Did anyone leak Clinton's records, or any other president's other than Bush? Why does it strike YOU as odd?

Post a link to the threat Obama made about the subpoena. Post a link to the transcripts released by ANY other president.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 08-30-2011 at 06:17 PM..

Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
See, that is the left's MO. If you disagree with them, and more significantly, you are a threat to them, they use the cheapest of arguments, nah, nah you're stupid. This kind of thing can be traced all the way back to Eisenhower.
Did you read the OP? Isn't that EXACTLY what's happening in this very thread?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
The Federal Reserve came about in 1913, Great Depression 1929 into the 40's
What recessions are you talking about.

We are getting way off topic. We need to examine the Federal Reserve, Ron Paul is the man to do it.
List of recessions in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1797, 1802, 1807, etc. There were many. I don't think the Fed is without fault, ending it is not only a bad idea, but nutty.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Did you read the OP? Isn't that EXACTLY what's happening in this very thread?
Nope, not really, as I pointed out to another poster it is necessary to point out the Obama isn't the sharpest tool in the shed to prove the hypocrisy of the left.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:07 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, Obama could release anything he wants to. Who else released any transcripts, birth certificates, client lists, baptism certificates, kindergarten records and the like. It does not strike me as odd that there hasn't been one leak. Did anyone leak Clinton's records, or any other president's other than Bush? Why does it strike YOU as odd?

Post a link to the threat Obama made about the subpoena. Post a link to the transcripts released by ANY other president.
Obama's lawyers speak for him, dontcha know.

Quote:
In the case, being handled largely by Gary Kreep of the U.S. Justice Foundation, he recently subpoenaed the records documenting the attendance by Obama, or possibly the student when he was known as Barry Soetero, from Occidental College.
The lawyer for the college, Stuart W. Rudnick of Musick, Peeler & Garrett, urgently contacted Fredric D. Woocher of Strumwasser & Woocher.
“This firm is counsel to Occidental College. The College is in receipt of the enclosed subpoena that seeks certain information concerning President-Elect Barack Obama,” he wrote via fax. “Inasmuch as the subpoena appears to be valid on its face, the College will have no alternative but to comply with the subpoena absent a court order instructing otherwise.”
Within hours, Woocher contacted Kreep regarding the issue, telling him, “It will likely not surprise you to hear that President-elect Obama opposes the production of the requested records.
“In order to avoid the needless expense of our bringing and litigating a Motion to Quash the subpoena, I am writing to ask whether you would be willing to agree voluntarily to cancel or withdraw the subpoena…”
Woocher warned, “Please be advised, in particular, that in the event we are forced to file a motion to quash and we prevail in that motion, we will seek the full measure of monetary sanctions provided for in the Code of Civil Procedures
what other President would go to such great lengths to keep his past hidden. Even Occidental admits
Neither Obama’s image or name appear in any Occidental yearbooks or the weekly student newspaper for the years he attended. The picture featured on this page is the only one we have of the president; it was sent in with his Occidental application. It is available to media outlets upon request. Photos of the president as an Occidental freshman taken by Lisa Jack '81 appeared in Time magazine and in an exhibit at M+B Gallery in West Hollywood. Obama contributed two poems to the now-defunct student literary magazine, Feast. Transcripts of his poems are available upon request.
Occidental College :: Obama FAQs (http://www.oxy.edu/x7992.xml - broken link)

Wanna read one of his poems?
"Pop"
“Pop”a poem Barack Obama wrote and published as an undergraduate

Old 08-30-2011, 08:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Obama's lawyers speak for him, dontcha know.

what other President would go to such great lengths to keep his past hidden. Even Occidental admits
Neither Obama’s image or name appear in any Occidental yearbooks or the weekly student newspaper for the years he attended. The picture featured on this page is the only one we have of the president; it was sent in with his Occidental application. It is available to media outlets upon request. Photos of the president as an Occidental freshman taken by Lisa Jack '81 appeared in Time magazine and in an exhibit at M+B Gallery in West Hollywood. Obama contributed two poems to the now-defunct student literary magazine, Feast. Transcripts of his poems are available upon request.
Occidental College :: Obama FAQs (http://www.oxy.edu/x7992.xml - broken link)

Wanna read one of his poems?
"Pop"
“Pop”a poem Barack Obama wrote and published as an undergraduate
No link for that lawyer quote, I see. More made up gobbeldygook from the RW.

My image nor name appears in any of my college yearbooks other than my senior year, which Obama did not attend at Occidental, nor did my name ever appear in any other student publication. BFD!

What's funny is my DH is watching a show about Pres. Harry Truman, who they are saying was much more open to the press, etc than Roosevelt. So I don't think Obama is being overly secretive.

Go ahead and mock Obama. It's fitting, considering the source. Would you like some of your writings from age 18 plastered all over the web?

You still didn't answer the question of what other president released all this private information. Come on, I'm dying to see Nixon's transcript, Ford's, Reagan's (especially his), Bush I's, Clinton's, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies