Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 11:47 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,269,129 times

Advertisements

There isn't anyone else left to talk about apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 11:49 PM

880 posts, read 1,801,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
DISCLAIMER: I am not asking this as an attack on Perry or anybody else. I'm just wondering how Rick Perry has suddenly become so popular despite not really seeming to distinguish himself from the rest of the pack of Republican presidential candidates except for hair and being from a big, relatively economically-unscathed state. Is it media fascination?

I don't get it.
He's being peddled by the " establishment" and the "establishment" is trying to get you to forget about Ron Paul.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:54 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,151,932 times
This country needs a LEADER. That's why. Perry clearly fits the bill. Barack Obama? Not a leader in the slightest sense of the word.

Liberals should come to terms with that sooner rather than later.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:10 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,400,837 times
Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not asking this as an attack on Perry or anybody else. I'm just wondering how Rick Perry has suddenly become so popular despite not really seeming to distinguish himself from the rest of the pack of Republican presidential candidates except for hair and being from a big, relatively economically-unscathed state. Is it media fascination?

I don't get it.
Maybe it really IS the hair?

Old 08-30-2011, 01:19 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,151,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Maybe it really IS the hair?
I don't get the fascination with Perry's hair. Truthfully, his hair hasn't stood out in the least with me. I don't find it to be outrageously styled or funky in color or texture, so what's the big deal?

There's a much more valid case of "hair hysteria" with John Edwards. Now THAT'S a valid discusion point.

Perry's hair? Not so much.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:31 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,826,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Actually the GOP is being introduced to a wealth of serious, interesting candidates, with far more success and executive experience than Obama will ever attain.
I don't think so. This crop of GOP candidates is the weakest in recent memory, possibly ever. To be this late in the game with still no clear front runner or anyone showing to be a strong contender shows this.

Quote:
If the GOP is taking it's time gravitating towards a candidate, it's because we'd like to put someone serious in office, not a flake like you folks picked.
Every GOP candidate running is a joke. Bachmann is a far right, religious zealous tea party nutcase, Perry is just another texas big oil corporate shill like Bush, Romney is basically the same center/right republican as Obama,.. Paul is the only one showing any kind of strength but the fox news brainwashed fools would never support him.

You can put garnish and a glass of wine on the table in an attempt to make things look better, but there still is a turd sitting in the middle of every plate that can't be polished, that is the GOP crop of candidates.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:32 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,139,757 times
Quote:
Actually the GOP is being introduced to a wealth of serious, interesting candidates, with far more success and executive experience than Obama will ever attain.

Obama was a fluke, a one-off, who sold the country visions of hope and change with cotton-candy clouds and wars miraculously settled just because he said so.

If the GOP is taking it's time gravitating towards a candidate, it's because we'd like to put someone serious in office, not a flake like you folks picked.

With any luck, Obama will disillusion the electorate with liberal nostrums for the next generation.
I have to rep. that. Obama not only was a fluke,
he was and still is flake. Think he can spell "One
Term" ??????

Old 08-30-2011, 01:36 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,945,226 times
Rick Perry was the Lt. Governor for Bush. He has never lost a election and he knows how to work a crowd. At this juncture, while he is not the candidate I support, he is quite possibly the most electable candidate in the field. He probably stands the best chance of defeating Obama in 2012. Would he be a good president? Well, whatever he does would be an improvement over what we currently have.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:20 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,345,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You can put garnish and a glass of wine on the table in an attempt to make things look better, but there still is a turd sitting in the middle of every plate that can't be polished, that is the GOP crop of candidates.
Don't like Republicans much, eh? Get used to us. After this clown, the GOP is going to be in office for awhile.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:41 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,623,550 times
Quote:

I don't get it.
He seems like he knows what he's doing and isn't afraid to speak out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies