Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 11:12 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times

Advertisements

Bush has disappeared from the political scene very gracefully. We can only hope to NEVER see Barack Obama's face again after 2012. I say that with certain vehemence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 11:38 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Bush has disappeared from the political scene very gracefully.

LOL if you consider the most disliked president in the history of the nation being run out of town into obscurity, someone so toxic your own party won't even acknowledge you, leaving "very gracefully"

Old 08-30-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
LOL if you consider the most disliked president in the history of the nation being run out of town into obscurity, someone so toxic your own party won't even acknowledge you, leaving "very gracefully"
You're being disingenuous, and you know it.

The President of the United States of America has every right, reason, and chance to no longer be in the limelight once out of office. MOST of them covet the privacy that they've not experienced in years. George Bush exited the stage and is comfortably retired. His graceful exit and refusal to comment on the policies of Barack Obama shows what kind of upstanding, respectable man he is.

You should get out more. Particularly the library. Read about the Presidents. Expand your horizons.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:58 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Newsflash! The government revenue increased after the 2001 recession and Bush's two tax cuts were passed.

It would be nice for you to admit facts.
What kills me is how often this lie is repeated no matter how many times it is proven false.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You're being disingenuous, and you know it.

The President of the United States of America has every right, reason, and chance to no longer be in the limelight once out of office. MOST of them covet the privacy that they've not experienced in years. George Bush exited the stage and is comfortably retired. His graceful exit and refusal to comment on the policies of Barack Obama shows what kind of upstanding, respectable man he is.

You should get out more. Particularly the library. Read about the Presidents. Expand your horizons.
Since Bush avoided the "limelight," aka public scrutiny, at all costs as president doing so as an ex president came naturally to him, I'm sure ...not that I'm complaining. The less I see of him, the better.

The Republican Convention is going to be really awkward for everyone though. That's when the Republicans will have to admit that they no longer want to be seen with him in public.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Since Bush avoided the "limelight," aka public scrutiny, at all costs as president doing so as an ex president came naturally to him, I'm sure ...not that I'm complaining. The less I see of him, the better.

The Republican Convention is going to be really awkward for everyone though. That's when the Republicans will have to admit that they no longer want to be seen with him in public.
What would make you think that he'd want to be a part of the Republican Convention?

Old 08-31-2011, 12:15 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Is any one else disgusted with how quickly the Right dropped their champion once he became political dead weight? I think it's sad and shows bad character and disloyalty. It became unpopular to support Carter by 1980, but the Left did not turn their backs on him. As late as 1992, Bill Clinton reminisced fondly about the "good old days" when Carter was in office. The Right is obviously clamouring for the good old Bush days with their fawning over yet another Texas governor who talks tough but looks more like a cream puff. So why has Bush become he who dares not be mentioned?
Mainly because Republicans are very "low information" voters and have trouble remembering a 30 second soundbite from yesterday.

Never truer with that crowd "out of sight, out of mind", and Bush becomes invisible.

Of course, those who installed him accomplished everything they wanted to in 8 years, at the expense of the rest of the world.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:24 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
What kills me is how often this lie is repeated no matter how many times it is proven false.
Bush created more tax revenue receipts than any potus in history!!!!!

Old 08-31-2011, 12:29 AM

2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 were growth GDP years. That means that 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 should have been the highest tax revenue years ever. The professional liars who came up with this little gem understand that. Because of the Bush tax cuts, it took four years for the tax revenues to catch up to their 2000 rate. That's terrible. That's nothing to brag about. That's why the CBO is reporting that single biggest contributing policy to our deficit and debt is the 1 trillion dollars LOST (not gained, LOST) due to the Bush tax cuts.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:06 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
I'll make it simple for you gents. Why are Republicans trying to pretend that they aren't still the party of Bush? They are. The policies that Bush enacted are the exact same policies we'll have if any Republican (save Ron Paul) is elected in 2012. Why are Republicans trying to disengenously pretend this isn't the case?

FYI, I don't hate all Republicans, Roy. I don't care for Coulter and Malkin, but I don't hate Republicans who don't hate me.
Maybe it's because we are just Republicans. It was the Dems that labelled us the party of Bush. Simple minds create labels. Never heard a Republican label dems the party of Carter, or the party of "Clinton; where a blow job isn't sex." Has anyone labelled you the party of Obama? You are talking through your rear orifice if you don't recall themass separation from Obama by every Democrat in the 2010 elections. History is short for some, but for you it seems non-existent.

P.S. Carter is still an ideological hack, and the Democrats are doing their best to rewrite his total failure as a President. This is the new trend of the left. If they don't like (or agree) with history, they'll rewrite it and preface it with "modern".

P.P.S. Is anyone stopping you from writing a bigger check to the government? Be my guest and pay more than your share, even if it isn't required -- Then come back and complain about taxation being too low when you have firmer ground to stand on. I'll faint if I ever find someone who complains about taxes being too low that either actually paid taxes, or didn't take every possible deduction available. Even Buffets' BH fund owes taxes back to 2002 (jerkwad), losing any respect I ever had for him.

Last edited by steven_h; 08-31-2011 at 01:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies