Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Israel-Palestine solution poll
Create a Palestinian State with Jerusalem as part of it 18 15.79%
Create a Palestinian State minus Jerusalem 37 32.46%
Create a Palestinian State with some form of common jurisdiction over Jerusalem 36 31.58%
No Palestinian State, I support the status quo 23 20.18%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:11 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Impossible solution. Not going to happen ever.
Sadly, you are right. Which means the inevitable end of the geographic affront to reason known as Israel will probably come about in a nuclear conflagration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 10:16 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
You didn't include my solution: kick Israel out of the UN and have UN forces occupy its territory, pending a return to its rightful inhabitants and the deportation of anyone who can't establish ancestry in the region before 1917.
Why does ancestry matter?

It may just be the American in me, but that strikes me as racist and bigoted.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:18 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,468,414 times
I picked the first option, but there are elements in Israel, Palestine, and the rest of the world that will see to it that there will never be an independent Palestine. The Palestinians got a raw deal, but can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that throwing rocks at tanks, firing rockets, and blowing up marketplaces are rather ineffectual to their cause and are not going to win hearts and minds around the world. They've been getting clobbered by a more organized and savvy foe for over half a decade and can't get their collective behind together to install better leadership and implement more effective tactics. This all plays into Israel's favor. It's rather comic and tragic.

Last edited by TylerJAX; 08-31-2011 at 10:33 AM..

Old 08-31-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
Why does ancestry matter?

It may just be the American in me, but that strikes me as racist and bigoted.
Colonialism is virtually pure racism, and its effects cannot be remedied without some reference to ancestry.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:27 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
You didn't include my solution: kick Israel out of the UN and have UN forces occupy its territory, pending a return to its rightful inhabitants and the deportation of anyone who can't establish ancestry in the region before 1917.
I would have to disagree. Someone turned me on these Israeli women soldiers on another thread. I think they should stay.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:28 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times
Quote:
Colonialism is virtually pure racism, and its effects cannot be remedied without some reference to ancestry.
I don't think colonialism is pure racism. I think colonialism is economic exploitation.

Furthermore, the way to fix problems of colonialism is to NOT worry about ancestry. In my view you have it completely backwards, which I suppose is a reflection of Muslim society in general.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I don't think colonialism is pure racism. I think colonialism is economic exploitation.
Neo-colonialism is economic exploitation without direct political control of one nation by another. Colonialism is the old, vicious, racist kind practiced by Israel.

Quote:
Furthermore, the way to fix problems of colonialism is to NOT worry about ancestry. In my view you have it completely backwards, which I suppose is a reflection of Muslim society in general.
If this were a Muslim society, you might have some point here, but needless to say it isn't.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:54 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
We need to support Israel.

The Jews have been in the past and also present been victims of vicious anti semitism.

The newest are the far left and radical Muslim hate groups that will commit a 21st century holocaust if they are allowed.

We have to prevent this from happening

Old 08-31-2011, 10:58 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Impossible solution. Not going to happen ever.
I hope you are right but I don't know how much longer the US, UK, Canada and Australia will remain in the UN so it may well happen someday since none of the other choices are acceptable to the Muslim nations.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:58 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Quote:
It just baffles me that the Jews prefer to live on that god forsaken piece of land in the first place. I suppose I'm not religious enough to understand. I gather that some people might be extremely offended by the idea of the Israeli Jews moving back into Europe, but to me it actually sounds sensible.

I also don't demonize the Muslims like some people do. When both sides have committed so many atrocities, and have such obstinate views about what they're entitled to, there's no way for me to pretend that one side is the "bad guy."
You really know very little about the issue unfortunately.

Over half the Jews who live in Israel are actually of Arab descent. Jew have been living in the area longer than any Muslim. What exactly do you think Jesus was? Muslim? Excuse me but he was a Jew. What do you think is in Jewish holy books? References to France or Italy? No. References to Israel. Why shouldn't Jews live there?

FYI, Jews have not committed any atrocities. If people demonize Muslims it is because Islamic societies, unlike Israel, are deeply homophobic, racist, sexist and anti-Semitic. Women are second class citizens in Muslim societies. Anti-Semitism is open and unrepentant in most Islamic media. Even if Israel did not exist many of us would find Islam deeply distasteful for exactly those reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies