Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 11:13 AM

18,409 posts, read 19,042,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
1 in 4 just shows the extreme NEED to keep abortion safe and legal. It is a big concern. A huge concern for the woman that could easily be forced to be a baby factory when she isn't equipped to be one. Now THAT is a concern. You want to have babies, you can afford a baby, you know your baby will live in a safe, loving enviornment? Then you go right ahead and have a baby! That's your legal and rightful choice.
this ^^ the anti choicers don't think past the thought they don't want abortions. lets say we make abortion illegal it will not stop abortion only make desperate woem seek out back alley abortion and coat hangers. are the anti choicers ok that these women will die? is that an ok statistic for them, save some fetes at the cost of the lives of adult women?

take it one step more, how are the anti choicers going to regulate and find out when your neighbor, your sister or other women get pregnant? conception police? when and how are they going to make sure women don't abort? what do you do with the women who don't want to take a pregnancy to term from aborting? going to send them to pregnancy compounds? will they have guarded gates so they can't run away? seriously how are you gonna stop or "make" a woman stay pregnant?
sounds like hitler's germany to me.

then what? after you have forced them...excuse me not forced, seriously "encouraged" they give birth are they forced to give up the baby to someone who can be a better parent? or is there a board of pregnancy and parenthood that will decide if the woman meets their standards and they tell her she has to parent her off springs, because after all on paper they think she should be able?

anti choice is about judgment and control, making women live a life by others morals and values. it is not freedom it is 3rd world mentality of control and sexism. in america we have the right to privacy it is none of your business what a woman does. we will never go back, we have the right to control our own bodies. choice is about choice the anti choicers always forget us "pro abortionist" also support the right to give birth and to give our babies up for adoption.

grow your own womb and do with it what you like, until then stay out of others.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 09-08-2011 at 09:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 11:21 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,686,647 times
In society you have 2 options protect life or DONT

Because people made bad decisions doesnt give them the right to kill anyone or anything because of a social or economic reason.

Rape in incest CASES ARE RARE considering the rates of pregancies stop using this case.`

SO in other words governmnet has no business supplying welfare checks to the people who have kids, and it has no business supporting abortions either.

This is why we dont kill old people, sick people and make attempts to save lives with large costs.

Life has cost and since this crazy world has no direction for some they think its ok to terminate life.

Social engineers will the death of all mankind and all life because they think they have the power over it. If the mothers wants to kill the baby inside her she should live the risk of death herself and without modern meds she would DIE!

Old 09-06-2011, 11:37 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,650,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post

Because people made bad decisions doesnt give them the right to kill anyone or anything because of a social or economic reason.

Rape in incest CASES ARE RARE considering the rates of pregancies stop using this case.`

SO in other words governmnet has no business supplying welfare checks to the people who have kids, and it has no business supporting abortions either.

This is why we dont kill old people, sick people and make attempts to save lives with large costs.

Life has cost and since this crazy world has no direction for some they think its ok to terminate life.

Social engineers will the death of all mankind and all life because they think they have the power over it. If the mothers wants to kill the baby inside her she should live the risk of death herself and without modern meds she would DIE!
This. I'm still torn on it though. But I gotta say, by allowing this, weMre mollycoddling bad sexual choices.

We're basically saying "go ahead be as promiscuous as you want! And if you get knocked up, then mozey on over here and kill that little bugger. Then you can go back to sleeping around as much as you want."

Old 09-06-2011, 11:40 AM

Oh one more thing! Why can't people who can't afford to have kids take advantage of what taxpayers are paying for and get themselves sterilized? I honestly think anyone who wants to have sex but can't afford kids needs to get sterilized pronto!

Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
[quote=hothulamaui;20764432]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post

this ^^ the anti choicers don't think past the thought they don't want abortions. lets say we make abortion illegal it will not stop abortion only make desperate woem seek out back alley abortion and coat hangers. are the anti choicers ok that these women will die? is that an ok statistic for them, save some fetes at the cost of the lives of adult women?

take it one step more, how are the anti choicers going to regulate and find out when your neighbor, your sister or other women get pregnant? conception police? when and how are they going to make sure women don't abort? what do you do with the women who don't want to take a pregnancy to term from aborting? going to send them to pregnancy compounds? will they have guarded gates so they can't run away? seriously how are you gonna stop or "make" a woman stay pregnant?
sounds like hitler's germany to me.

then what? after you have forced them...excuse me not forced, seriously "encouraged" they give birth are they forced to give up the baby to someone who can be a better parent? or is there a board of pregnancy and parenthood that will decide if the woman meets their standards and they tell her she has to parent her off springs, because after all on paper they think she should be able?

anti choice is about judgment and control, making women live a life by others morals and values. it is not freedom it is 3rd world mentality of control and sexism. in america we have the right to privacy it is none of your business what a woman does. we will never go back, we have the right to control our own bodies. choice is about choice the anti choicers always forget us "pro abortionist" also support the right to give birth and to give our babies up for adoption.

grow your own womb and do with it what you like, until then stay out of others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post

Ok "Liberty" why can't you answer the questions in the post above the one of yours quoted here????????????

Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,061,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Oh one more thing! Why can't people who can't afford to have kids take advantage of what taxpayers are paying for and get themselves sterilized? I honestly think anyone who wants to have sex but can't afford kids needs to get sterilized pronto!
Since when do taxpayes pay for people to get sterilized?

Since when can a 20 year old woman even find a doctor who will sterilze her?

This is so typical of pro lifers......they don't even know what the facts are, yet they think they know enough to tell complete strangers what they should or should not do with their own bodies.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Since when do taxpayes pay for people to get sterilized?

Since when can a 20 year old woman even find a doctor who will sterilze her?

This is so typical of pro lifers......they don't even know what the facts are, yet they think they know enough to tell complete strangers what they should or should not do with their own bodies.
Then why don't more doctors help with the problem and sterilize more people? Getting to the root of the problem is what we need to do. And doesn't PP, according to their list of services, include sterilization services?

Old 09-06-2011, 12:35 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Okay, but you won't like my answers.

Can't afford a child, don't have one. Plain and simple.

Again, if you are on welfare, you shouldn't have kids to begin with. We went from the land of the American dream to the land of let America fulfill my dream for me, I'm busy watching T.V.

I see no logical reason why taxpayers should pay people more money when they have kids, when they were unable to support themselves to begin with. Why do you insist that America should reward stupid behavior?""""

Who?Me?!:Ya, I wonder why I have to take up the slack when people use their kids for TAX CREDITS!

"""Why do you all always talk about abstinence education not working? Like my grandma use to say, don't want a baby or a std, sit down, cross your legs and shut your mouth, problem solved. If my grandma can figure it out, why can't others? """

Who?Me?!: Maybe Grandma was ugly....you canNOT change human nature...humans F---! Complain to whoever or whatever created humans...they sure did a lousy job!!!

""But do they vote? I have never seen a study yet, that puts those pregnancy numbers and voter numbers as being the same people. Numbers are just that, numbers, until the facts behind them are actually understood, they mean nothing.

Or, perhaps instead they will start understanding that they will have to look out for themselves instead. Why should the individual look to the government as the first option instead of the last?
Yup, so a woman who gets an abortion(looking out for herself) doesn't have to raise a child on Welfare......I think you're learning!!!

Old 09-06-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
This. I'm still torn on it though. But I gotta say, by allowing this, weMre mollycoddling bad sexual choices.

We're basically saying "go ahead be as promiscuous as you want! And if you get knocked up, then mozey on over here and kill that little bugger. Then you can go back to sleeping around as much as you want."[/quote]
So....we ban abortion and say......"go ahead and be as promiscuous as you want! And if you get knocked up, then mozey on over here and sign up for welfare.....the taxpayers will pay you to have as many little buggers as you want. Then you can go back to sleeping around as much as you want."

Oh wait....we all ready do that....and the taxpayers are going broke supporting the ones we already have. By all means, let's ban abortion so we can make the problem even worse than it is now.

I know what we can do......force people to take care of their own kids, personal responsibility ya know.....and if you can't.....too bad! Let their kids crawl around in the streets, scavaging for garbage....like they do in Africa, if they can't feed them. That'll teach 'em! That'll make 'em stop having sex!

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 09-08-2011 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: Fixed errors with quoting

Old 09-06-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Then why don't more doctors help with the problem and sterilize more people? Getting to the root of the problem is what we need to do. And doesn't PP, according to their list of services, include sterilization services?
Because, women are not viewed as competant people who are capable of making their own reproductive decisions......and people like you go right along with it when you campaign to take away a woman's right to choose.

If doctors started sterilizing 20 year old women.....wanna bet that the pro-lifers would be the ones screaming the loudest?

Getting to the root of the problem would involve mandatory sex education in all schools, free and easy access to BC for everyone of childbearing age.....and that would include 13 year olds. But the right-to-life conservatives are against THAT too.

If we are going to put women back into the dark ages by banning abortion, then I guess we should bring back shotgun weddings too......after all.....things were "oh so good" back in the old days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies