Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 05:07 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,620 times

Advertisements

The Leftists today are no different than the Loyalists prior to and during the American Revolution. They accused the Revolutionaries "You are destroying the economy"...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 05:31 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It always amazes me how these people can lie, and do so with impunity. They are never questioned, but their wild claims are simply accepted as truth.

If the "Tea Party" were really working against the "American Dream", they would not have had an ounce of support from anybody, of course. But, the "Tea Party" comprises ordinary Americans from a cross section of the U.S. who are determined to restore responsible government, and re-establish a respect for the Constitution and the protections to freedom it embodies.
But they DON'T have an ounce of support from the general public. At most, they have a couple of ounces. Have you seen the polls?

Oh wait, all polls are designed by the liberal media to make the tea party look bad. I forgot.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
unions literally turned their backs on the workers when they embraced illegal immigration for more UNION DUES.

they became irrelevant through their own actions.

they also used their government lobbying connections to force regular americans to bail them out.

now they get no respect, and they deserve none.
I'll agree with you in that many unions have shot themselves in the foot for their refusal to know when to push the pause button when necessary--like in bad economic times when a company isn't doing so hot. And while unions should always be careful about the company abusing workers, they failed to realize that the company also has to be successful for them to employ people. (ie, the big three). I think some unions had too much of an "us vs. them" mentality and saw the boss as "the enemy" rather than a partner.

Why can't people find balance? Unions bosses and corporate bosses need to be wise and not abuse their positions.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:52 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Yet we keep getting threads here on CD on why the TP is irrelevant yet those that hate them insist on keeping them alive.

C'mon already. Get a new boogeyman, Progressives
I know, it's really funny! If the "Tea Party" were dead, why do they feel threatened! Actually, they know it is alive and well.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:31 AM

817 posts, read 853,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
yeah, the TP gave Boehner great photo ops during debt ceiling drama that proved what?...we are in a globalized economy folks, you are blaming UNIONS now??? lol....keep checking, its a house of cards and everyone's affected.

Detroit looks like Berlin in post-war Germany now. The TP is bringing us back to 1930 depression, a nice fertile ground for a new Hitler....
Wow aren't we being all dramatic. Do you need a hug?

Old 09-04-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I know, it's really funny! If the "Tea Party" were dead, why do they feel threatened! Actually, they know it is alive and well.
It is alive, but that doesn't mean it's popular. Their popularity and influence is much bigger than their level of support.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:12 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
UAW? American dream? See Detroit as an example of what the UAW does to the American dream.
Detroit is an example of what happens when you regulate-to-death the great American cars that built our modern economy. Nobody wanted the Toyota wannabes that Detroit was forced to build....and rightfully so.

Silly as it is to attempt to blame the Tea Party for America's troubles, it is equally silly to blame unions....as the third-world country we are fast becoming is an example of what happens when corporate greed is wholly unchecked and unbalanced.

The massive economic and political power of large corporations has become a far greater threat to individual freedom and well-being in the United States than our government. I'm speaking, of course, of our government before it was acquired by Big Business. It therefore amazes me to watch "conservatives" continue to march behind them as though their pillaging of what's left of America is somehow going to leave their families anything but a burned cinder of a great country that was.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
sorry sonny. I been around 61 years. I was a union member for 37 years.Walk a mile in MY shoes before you try to tell someone else how to live.
In my occupation,if it wasn't for the union... some of us would have been dead.They forced the company to put in place some very much needed safety measures.Without the union to fight for these the company would have turned a deaf ear all for "productivity".
Talk about living in "la la" land...........if you think companies would do the right "thing" without workers fighting for themselves...........you been smoking way too much wacky tobaccy.....
This is exactly right. It seems that most young people today have their hands over their ears and are thus doomed to painfully re-learn this lesson the hard way.

Good post

Old 09-04-2011, 07:19 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
LOL. No they didn't. Do you actually believe what you post or are you being paid to post this nonsense?
Yeah. I get really rich wasting my time arguing with low information voters.

It's really depressing reading posts claiming that the big problem with wealth distribution in America is middle-class unionized workers getting too big a share when the top 400 taxpayers own as much wealth as the bottom 150 million Americans - half the country.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Yeah. I get really rich wasting my time arguing with low information voters.

It's really depressing reading posts claiming that the big problem with wealth distribution in America is middle-class unionized workers getting too big a share when the top 400 taxpayers own as much wealth as the bottom 150 million Americans - half the country.
Yep, but they have their orders....and they are creatures of duty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies