Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 06:02 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
They need the job and can't find another one, the boyfriend/husband beats them until they comply. Just look the the domestic abuse stats. Need anyone say more?
Why do you believe some slanted youtube video but ignore what ALL the posters, most who disagree with you, have to say in here ?

They have presented factual, logical, intelligent posts ...and you refuse to consider any of them....why is that....was I right about you rabid anti-choice people???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 07:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
I was not in any way coerced to abort my first pregnancy fifteen years ago. The fetus was anencephalic, and I was induced at just shy of 21 weeks gestation for the purpose of termination. While a tremendously sad event, I firmly believe abortion was the right course of action given the diagnosis. I had the love and support of my husband and family, but the decision was ultimately mine. I have no doubt they would have stood by me no matter how I had chosen to proceed.

My husband and I subsequently had two more children, who are perfectly healthy and who fill our lives with joy. I feel very fortunate to live in a time of effective prenatal diagnosis and abortion rights, access to which I support for all women.
You are talking about apples and oranges. Many perfectly healthy babies are aborted today just because. No other reason, just because someone does not want the woman to be a mother or wants the child. The mother wants to give birth but, OK WELL.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It's not against the law to coerce or force a woman to get an abortion now. People are working on changing that like they worked to stop domestic abuse years ago. People use to not believe men abused or looked the other way, now they are doing the same thing with abortion. It's shameful and women are denying it is going on like they did years ago with other kinds of abuse. Don't help the woman just ignore the problem.
Yes, it's against the law to force a woman to get an abortion.

It is assault...probably kidnapping...

If you take a woman to a doctor at gunpoint the doctor calls the police and reports a kidnapping/hostage situation....if you do it yourself it's assault...

The woman should report the assault/ kidnapping...if she doesn't the law can't do anything about it.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:28 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
All you want to do... is intimidate. I have seen nothing that indicates anything else. And no, I don't want to keep women in the dark, but unlike you, I don't think that forced indoctrination is necessary for the woman to make the choice concerning her body.
Nope, not me.

I'm all for abortion and when it's supposed to be an "informed choice", let it be one. In all respects. Put it all out there.

I guess it's much easier to abort without seeing what you are aborting. Is that the problem? Don't ask, don't look, don't know and it makes it easier to make the choice to abort? And that's supposed to be an "informed" choice?

Why are you so against that? What's the fear?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Nope, not me.

I'm all for abortion and when it's supposed to be an "informed choice", let it be one. In all respects. Put it all out there.

I guess it's much easier to abort without seeing what you are aborting. Is that the problem? Don't ask, don't look, don't know and it makes it easier to make the choice to abort? And that's supposed to be an "informed" choice?

So you think women are so stupid they don't know what they are aborting?

Why do think women are that stupid? Are you a misogynist?

I had a growth removed from my hand when I was young...the doctor NEVER asked me if I'd like to see it before the operation....why do you think abortion is any different?

Do you need to see your prostate before it's removed? Why?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:37 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,091 times
Quote:
Nope, not me.

You're saying that a woman isn't informed? That they haven't made all of the considerations when making this decision? Look, l don't think counseling is a bad idea from a professional psychologist but from some of the postings from this board and the news sources they pointed to... The information was largely scripted. If that's what you consider an informed choice, I don't know what to suppose.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:55 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nobody is "afaid". It's time, money, and barriers that are only there to prevent abortions. It has NOTHING to do with protecting women. Most women are already informed. Some even have kids already so I'm guessing they are more informed than anyone else in the world. Anyone can ask for more information, that's why we have mouths.
Then there should be no concern over a sonogram. Especially for those who have mouths and already have kids. They already should be informed enough on how to prevent an unwanted pregnancy as opposed to using abortion as birth control. And seriously, how do you have an abortion when you already have kids? Gotta be pretty damn hard up to do that. But to each their own and go for it!

Doc's who perform abortions don't require a sonogram before the abortion? They just go in there all "willy nilly"?

If "most women" really were "already informed", they wouldn't end up with an unwanted pregnancy.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:59 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Then there should be no concern over a sonogram. Especially for those who have mouths and already have kids. They already should be informed enough on how to prevent an unwanted pregnancy as opposed to using abortion as birth control. And seriously, how do you have an abortion when you already have kids? Gotta be pretty damn hard up to do that. But to each their own and go for it!

Doc's who perform abortions don't require a sonogram before the abortion? They just go in there all "willy nilly"?

If "most women" really were "already informed", they wouldn't end up with an unwanted pregnancy.
A sonogram isn't necessary and it's time and money isn't it? Why would THAT be your response to what I posted?

Women don't want a baby, hence the abortion. Who said I had an abortion? I said I had kids, and women with kids also get abortions. They are also informend. Informed doesn't stop conception, it helps a lot but that's all.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:11 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:

Requiring a sonogram is just the latest attempt by the Pro-Lifer Movement to chip away at the number of abortions performed by making it more expensive to get them and the requirement will put her later in the pregnancy when it's less safe and more expensive.

"They just go in there all 'willy nilly.'"---What a stupid statement. Doctors are trained to know where all the parts are, you know.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:18 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you think women are so stupid they don't know what they are aborting?

Why do think women are that stupid? Are you a misogynist?

I had a growth removed from my hand when I was young...the doctor NEVER asked me if I'd like to see it before the operation....why do you think abortion is any different?

Do you need to see your prostate before it's removed? Why?
I say before any surgery that carries the potential risk for death (which is most surgeries that involve general anesthesia), we make the patient watch a movie filled with crying widows/widowers, graveside scenes, grieving children who miss their deceased parent, etc... because it could happen and we have to let the patient know all the facts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies