Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it to early for Christmas merchandise hits the shelves?
Yes 53 94.64%
No 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 08:56 PM

995 posts, read 1,115,974 times

Advertisements

I worked for Borders for years, and while we didn't have Christmas stuff out in Sept, believe me, it was starting to fill the storage room. Regular inventory started to expand in Sept. also, plus the Halloween stuff and gift items. I think working in retail changes the way time moves between Sept. and December. It just zooms.
(I will not miss working the day after Thanksgiving tho.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 09:18 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
I use to like when Thanksgiving was the start of the holiday season and every thing was decorated nicely the day after when I would go to the mall.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:18 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
I know that. The op was just asking our opinions. I know this will have no effect. Just like the rest of the threads here won't except for getting people's panties on a twist.
-sigh-
Do you have to have everything explained to you?
The OP is a long time poster, he asks no opinions....he is our CD reporter.
Can you connect the dots?

Old 09-04-2011, 09:28 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Christmas craft stuff has been out for a while, but crafters need the extra time. As far as ornaments and such - yeesh! Too early!

Our family has figured we really have everything we need, so we're limiting spending on Giftmas this year. It won't really affect me, since I generally make gifts for less than the $$ limit we've established.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:30 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,828 times
I like celebrating Halloween first; then Thanksgiving, because I love Thanksgiving AND THEN Christmas.

There is nothing more fun that watching the cats go ga-ga over the Christmas tinsel. Oh, and making themselves a nice, comfy bed out of the velvet tree skirt I bought for 1/2 price on the after Christmas dump the goods sale.

Cats get new toys at Christmas; they have their plush stockings hung on the mantle. The dog gets new toys and treats, and yes, she has a plush, decorative stocking just for her.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Christmas craft stuff has been out for a while, but crafters need the extra time. As far as ornaments and such - yeesh! Too early!

Our family has figured we really have everything we need, so we're limiting spending on Giftmas this year. It won't really affect me, since I generally make gifts for less than the $$ limit we've established.
I agree with the crafting. If you're going to make something, you need the time to do it. The rest, I agree, too early!

My local Hobby Lobby has had Halloween stuff out since July 4. Again, if you're going to be making something, this makes sense, but not otherwise. They also put some Christmas stuff out in July.

My grocery store has Halloween candy out already.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:48 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
My grocery store has Halloween candy out already.
Well thats just smart business. They know that most Americans in their diabetic comas will buy it early, see it at home and eat it all, then have to come buy more.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:50 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
I know that. The op was just asking our opinions. I know this will have no effect. Just like the rest of the threads here won't except for getting people's panties on a twist.
I'd like to see some time-lapse footage of panties twisting.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:50 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
-sigh-
Do you have to have everything explained to you?
The OP is a long time poster, he asks no opinions....he is our CD reporter.
Can you connect the dots?
Then why are all these other posters voicing their opinions?

Old 09-04-2011, 11:00 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Then why are all these other posters voicing their opinions?
You attempted to call out the OP.
Is the phrase "don't kill the messenger" familiar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies