Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 06:21 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I do care.. I would not want to put another idiot in office.

2.4 GPA is just bad..

And with some in the tea party wanting to cut education. It is more of a reason why no Tea Party backed candidate will get my support.
And that's too bad, because the DOE has been the reason our public school students have been falling behind the rest of the world in academic achievement.

Homeschoolers, on the other hand, excel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 06:45 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Bingo!
Just FYI both you and the poster you quoted are completely incorrect. That's not how the Harvard Law Review selects its editors.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:47 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times
Default I Sho Does Hope Dat Tha WH Inhabitant Be Almost As Smart As Mean Ole R. Pairee" ! Quite !

Quote:
It's strange ... none of you ever gave a damn about Obama's record. Why not? Why do you care about Rick Perry's grades?

All indications are that Obama was no 'A' student, and many wonder how it was that he got into Harvard and Columbia. He can't write well at all, he doesn't even speak well, and without a teleprompter, he is a total disaster.

If you catch Obama off his game with questions that he had not planned to answer, he's screwed. He doesn't know what to say. He cannot think on his feet.

As the Editor of the 'Harvard Law Review', he published nothing. I wonder why?

Oh, but this is about Rick Perry. Who cares about his grades? He has accomplishments. Obama has none. Perry is obviously smart. Obama, not so bright ("57 states"? He said that more than once.)

I'm willing to be Obama has to have help tying his shoes.
nononsenseguy !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed ... There must be a very, very good reason why HO the "towering intellectual" is keeping that ole grade average such a "Top Secret" !!!

Even that G.B. feller didn't appear to mind at all about his grades being made public !

Hopefully the good folks in the States haven't also been "Bamboozeled" regarding "The Ones" much touted austounding level of smarts and being a top Havidd graduate !!!

Ain't been much in the way ah smarts come out of tha ole Yankee WH since 2008 ... Sure would like to take a gander at those grades y'all ! ... You knowd what I means, jest ta seed what kind ah grades a really, really smart & hard working feller like HO gits in them thar big city kauledges !

Sech a secret it be mates !!!

Cheers ... Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 09-06-2011, 06:57 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Just FYI both you and the poster you quoted are completely incorrect. That's not how the Harvard Law Review selects its editors.
But most of these posters here are graduates of Harvard Law School and they KNOW how Harvard selects its editor. Or at least they THINK they are!

Old 09-06-2011, 07:03 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
And that's too bad, because the DOE has been the reason our public school students have been falling behind the rest of the world in academic achievement.

Homeschoolers, on the other hand, excel
Woah woah, so you are telling me one on one teaching is better than a 20 plus classroom with one teacher.... fascinating.

I'm speaking in generalities of course but use some common sense please.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:04 PM

As to this entire thread... it's quite amusing that all these conservatives are outraged and butt hurt from this. So it's ok when any number of right wing mouthpieces insult Obama and liberals but when the private university Rice does it.... it's just how liberals roll? Interesting.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:05 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Anybody know any good Aggie jokes?
Rick Perry.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:06 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What Rice did just reinforces the fact that most universities are just political indoctrination camps.
Here in Texas, most educators see Perry as a huge threat to their cause. We don't like them. This includes conservative and liberal educators alike. Perry has likely been the most anti-education governor we've had.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Here in Texas, most educators see Perry as a huge threat to their cause. We don't like them. This includes conservative and liberal educators alike. Perry has likely been the most anti-education governor we've had.
you got it: most educators. Last I heard most educators were unionized and could that be part of the problem? Even if they are not unionized most are libs from word go. The few that are not are strong and proud conservatives. Yes, there are some.
Nita

Old 09-06-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you got it: most educators. Last I heard most educators were unionized and could that be part of the problem? Even if they are not unionized most are libs from word go. The few that are not are strong and proud conservatives. Yes, there are some.
Nita
Texas is right to work state.

To the bolded part.... generalize much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies