Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 11:44 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Speaking of churches..........................how can we have global warming when the earth is only
6 000 years old?

You all are creepy. and freaky
And why would they care anyway, since they're going to get Raptured.....any day now....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 09:02 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,958,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post
Why Roy, sometimes you completely surprise me. An honest question here. /clapping
Yes, the sea levels have indeed begun to rise.

Coastal Zones and Sea Level Rise | Climate Change - Health and Environmental Effects | U.S. EPA

Yep, that is a rise alright, oops, looks like it has been falling since 2009.

Darn, them there models never seem to match up with observational data, quick, delete the raw data and insert the value added data!

Old 09-08-2011, 09:08 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Translation: thinking is bad.
More better translation "Liberal thinking is bad"

Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 AM

995 posts, read 1,116,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post

Yep, that is a rise alright, oops, looks like it has been falling since 2009.

Darn, them there models never seem to match up with observational data, quick, delete the raw data and insert the value added data!
Source?
I always try to provide a link, or the source of info. You should try it too! Does wonders for a person's credibility.
And yes, it's gone down lately, which historically happens. (if you look at the chart, see? up and down)

Last edited by AnneWest; 09-08-2011 at 09:48 AM..

Old 09-08-2011, 09:44 AM

995 posts, read 1,116,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
More insults. Is that your mission to insult everyone who doesn't agree with you? Your nonsense may fly on the playgrounds when you bully kids but not with me.
KU, I'd like for you to read this out loud and then look in a mirror.

The insults and name-calling, in this thread alone, is tiresome. Have a civilized conversation sometime without calling people names, or insulting them for not blindly following your lead, and provide proof of your claims. If you can.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:56 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,280,080 times
It seems to me you can break climate change down into a few different layers or classes:

A) it is happening
B) humans are causing it
C) it's bad
D) it's humanly possible to do anything about it
E1) we *should* do something about it
E2) we should do *everything* humanly possible about it no matter the cost

It seems to me you can have outside-the-box ideas and execution like this without having to accept B) or going to the extreme of E2).

Old 09-08-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Source?
I always try to provide a link, or the source of info. You should try it too! Does wonders for a person's credibility.
And yes, it's gone down lately, which historically happens. (if you look at the chart, see? up and down)

right click the picture, copy the URL source, it is the same as what is denoted in the picture which is the reporting agencies server.

"http://sealevel.colorado.edu/"

Yes, overall, it has gone up since 1993, but look closely, the trend is in a negative turn since 2009 (ie it is not following the original trend line and is continuing to drop and actually, if you look at the raw data it falls outside of the rising trend area).

Your claim that it is rising, yet none of this is validated by the EPA. They are talking about models, not observed data.

Notice the divergence, in order for it to show a continued increasing rise, it will have to rise in the next year quite dramatically (not impossible, but certainly not quantifiable to any means of that claim), which again... is not supported by any observed means or that of the data provided. All the other agencies show the same, a negative trend turn.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:53 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
KU, I'd like for you to read this out loud and then look in a mirror.

The insults and name-calling, in this thread alone, is tiresome. Have a civilized conversation sometime without calling people names, or insulting them for not blindly following your lead, and provide proof of your claims. If you can.
I've not insulted anyone.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:54 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
right click the picture, copy the URL source, it is the same as what is denoted in the picture which is the reporting agencies server.

"http://sealevel.colorado.edu/"

Yes, overall, it has gone up since 1993, but look closely, the trend is in a negative turn since 2009 (ie it is not following the original trend line and is continuing to drop and actually, if you look at the raw data it falls outside of the rising trend area).

Your claim that it is rising, yet none of this is validated by the EPA. They are talking about models, not observed data.

Notice the divergence, in order for it to show a continued increasing rise, it will have to rise in the next year quite dramatically (not impossible, but certainly not quantifiable to any means of that claim), which again... is not supported by any observed means or that of the data provided. All the other agencies show the same, a negative trend turn.
I'm glad you posted that to calm my nerves. I was about ready to order up a bunch of wood from Menards and start building an ark after the name caller declared the oceans are rising.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I'm glad you posted that to calm my nerves. I was about ready to order up a bunch of wood from Menards and start building an ark after the name caller declared the oceans are rising.

*chuckle*

Well, don't get too comfortable, it looks like we are officially in another La Nina (unusually cold ocean temperatures in the eastern equatorial Pacific), which means we will likely have another very volatile winter. Better order the wood for a fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies