Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 02:07 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,915,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
This surely won't help the obesity campaign she is on. Not one squeak out of the white house about this. I guess it's only fair the poor be able to eat fast food that's paid for by others no matter how fat they get.

"Yum! Brands, based in Louisville, Ky., which operates a string of restaurants that includes Taco Bell, KFC, Long John Silver’s and Pizza Hut, are among those applying for inclusion in the food stamp program, saying that elderly, disabled and homeless people have difficulty preparing meals.

Fast Food Chains Getting Into the Food Stamp Act - ABC News
Why not create a special Food Stamp menu that has healthy meal choices? Better yet, why not open up school cafeterias to those on Food Stamps? Students would have exclusive use during their scheduled meal breaks, but anyone else could use them outside of those hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 02:09 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Your spinning away again. Read my previous post. The Obama's feel it's their duty to tell school's and parents what to feed our children, who BTW live in STATES, but not a squeak about foodstamps going for fast food meals. I'm wondering why that is? THAT IS WHAT I'M SAYING. Interpret away.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:10 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
This surely won't help the obesity campaign she is on. Not one squeak out of the white house about this. I guess it's only fair the poor be able to eat fast food that's paid for by others no matter how fat they get.

"Yum! Brands, based in Louisville, Ky., which operates a string of restaurants that includes Taco Bell, KFC, Long John Silver’s and Pizza Hut, are among those applying for inclusion in the food stamp program, saying that elderly, disabled and homeless people have difficulty preparing meals.

Fast Food Chains Getting Into the Food Stamp Act - ABC News
I thought the same thing. Very funny that Michelle hasn't said one word. This strikes at the heart of her health campaign. Being the hypocrite she is, she is probably too busy scarfing down platters of loaded chilli-cheese fries and triple meat burgers to notice this latest news. She may notice this news when she comes up for air to wipe the relish from her scowling mug.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
Why not create a special Food Stamp menu that has healthy meal choices? Better yet, why not open up school cafeterias to those on Food Stamps? Students would have exclusive use during their scheduled meal breaks, but anyone else could use them outside of those hours.
Why not drop a five pound bag of flour, rice and a couple loaves of bread a week at their doorstep. Maybe a couple dozen ramens too? That should cure the obesity problem.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
I don't think I've ever seen our gracious First Lady scream about anything.

I also fail to understand why it's anyone's concern what other's choose to eat.

The First Lady's program against child obesity is about educating children in healthy food choices and making healthy foods available to them. That has no bearing on freedom of choice.

There are no laws against eating fast food that I know about.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:16 PM

The first lady MADE IT HER CONCERN. Where have you been?

Old 09-09-2011, 02:16 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,915,578 times
Quote:
Why not drop a five pound bag of flour, rice and a couple loaves of bread a week at their doorstep. Maybe a couple dozen ramens too? That should cure the obesity problem.
Right. Give them a diet high in starch and they'll blow up like a blimp.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:17 PM

We could take over the Sumu title though!!

Old 09-09-2011, 02:19 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I don't think I've ever seen our gracious First Lady scream about anything.

I also fail to understand why it's anyone's concern what other's choose to eat.

The First Lady's program against child obesity is about educating children in healthy food choices and making healthy foods available to them. That has no bearing on freedom of choice.

There are no laws against eating fast food that I know about.
If you are taking my tax dollars to feed people garbage that will make them sick, and then your next step is to take more of my tax money so you can provide health care for the people that you made sick with my tax dollars, you better believe that I think it's my concern what others eat.

That scenario is one of the reasons I am opposed to some sort of government funded health care because we really don't have any business telling others what to eat...until you make them my financial responsibility too. Eat what you want...as long as it doesn't prevent me from trying to save money responsibly and retire without having to live in fear of running out of money and eating cat food.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:21 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
The first lady MADE IT HER CONCERN. Where have you been?
So what? It's not martial law. She is encouraging kids to make healthy food choices and become more active. Oh noes, how dare she!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies