Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is a bigger threat to America?
Homosexuality 1 9.09%
Terrorist attacks 10 90.91%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 11:11 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Homosexuality cannot perpetuate itself...unless innocent heterosexual children are recruited into the abhorrent lifestyle. Homosexuality has destroyed millions of lives.
You are not gay and have no clue on what you are talking about. People are born gay or straight, not made gay. Why would gays have to perpetuate themselves when all you straights keep making more of us. Nearly everyone born is from sex between a man and a woman, wether we are gay or straight. It is the torture of hiding ones sexuality from the cruelty of society that destroys lives of gay people, that and the destructive bullying of their heterosexual peers. Being gay or lesbian does not destroy ones life, it is the vagaries of society that does that by creating laws that ban us from full equality, thus making us second class US citizens, even though we pay taxes the same as everyone else. What is so abhorrent about the "lifestyle" you seem to think we lead. Last time I noticed, I do not live any differently than my straight counterparts, one could not tell I am gay from my house, my clothing or me personally. Unless they ask or I tell them, they do not know I am gay, same as with any straight person I meet or know. I do not know their sexuality unless they mention a wife or husband of the opposite sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 11:14 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Can you refute the statement? Or are you just going to try to discredit her instead?

Old 09-14-2011, 11:19 AM

679 posts, read 614,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Can you refute the statement? Or are you just going to try to discredit her instead?
She says more people died of AIDS then have died in terrorist attacks in the past 15 years and therefore homosexuals are more dangerous than terrorists. With that kind of logic shouldn't we be going after McDonald's and the like because when it comes to killing Americans, obesity takes the prize.

The fact is, its inane logic. AIDS is a horrible thing, but it is not just a homosexual thing, it affects everyone

Old 09-14-2011, 11:29 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And Tea Party members actually are terrorists. At least according to several very high ranking Democrats.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
There is? Enlighten us, considering almost every nation that has strong gay rights are some of the most successful, highest quality of living nations on earth.
And how long have they had strong gay rights. Just sayin'

Old 09-14-2011, 11:32 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Refute her statement that gays are more dangerous than terrorists?

What are you afraid of, do you think they will chase you down the street, tackle you, dress you in fashionable clothes and do your hair?

Old 09-14-2011, 11:35 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,411,780 times
And this one says the Boy Wonder is the best thing that ever happened to the USA... go figure.

Gary Hubbell: The Redneck tree hugger | AspenTimes.com

Old 09-14-2011, 11:36 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
She says more people died of AIDS then have died in terrorist attacks in the past 15 years and therefore homosexuals are more dangerous than terrorists. With that kind of logic shouldn't we be going after McDonald's and the like because when it comes to killing Americans, obesity takes the prize.

The fact is, its inane logic. AIDS is a horrible thing, but it is not just a homosexual thing, it affects everyone
So, you don't think homosexuality is at all to blame for any of the aids epidemic?

Old 09-14-2011, 11:36 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,411,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Refute her statement that gays are more dangerous than terrorists?

What are you afraid of, do you think they will chase you down the street, tackle you, dress you in fashionable clothes and do your hair?
No, but what if they cracked the combination lock on my zipper?

Old 09-14-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
What a ridiculous and ignorant statement to make. Just because one man from that State says something you disagree with you run down all of the people and the State. Very educated statement.
Don't bother Scotty. Visvaldis hates the entire nation and everyone in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies