Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2011, 07:50 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
how about a compromise she can go out like a animal and anything that happens to her because of it(raped, beaten ext) , is 100 legal and she can't press any charges.

(in case my smiley isn't enough of a clue I don't actually believe this the answer is no way should we descend to as low as animals but if forced to allow it this is 100% appropriate)
Then should the same thing be allowed to happen to men without shirts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 07:53 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
how about a compromise she can go out like a animal and anything that happens to her because of it(raped, beaten ext) , is 100 legal and she can't press any charges.

(in case my smiley isn't enough of a clue I don't actually believe this the answer is no way should we descend to as low as animals but if forced to allow it this is 100% appropriate)
I can't make heads nor tails of your parenthetical notation but how about if someone finds your nose attractive and if you venture out of your house without covering it whatever anyone does to you is what you deserve?

Old 09-17-2011, 08:11 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
the point that if this happens you can expect those things I said to happen (and if you don't your a fool) and therefore I'm against it even with out so called puritanical reasons.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:25 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,609,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Pedophiles like boys and girls from the age of 1 to 17 years young...
Pedophilia: A sexual disorder occurring in a person 16 years or older and that is recurrent with intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child (generally age 13 or younger). (from APA, DSM-IV, 1994).

Pedophilia

Old 09-17-2011, 08:29 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
We pay taxes on everything that we will ever own such as " cars boats, motorcycles , airplanes , helocopters , condo's , suv , trucks , vans , clothes , houses...until the property is paid off in full.if the property wasn't owned by the people in it and they stopped paying taxes to the city/county the lein holder would be required to pay the taxes 'because they arre the true owners .
Ok, I was wrong to use "lein" concernig the issue.

If the property is owned outright and the taxes are not paid on that property, they can in fact take that property away from you to sell and settle the debt owed by the taxes. That is the irony of it. If you own it, why must you pay anything for it? If it is in fact yours, then how is it that anyone can claim you owe them money because you have that property?

A car, motorcycle, etc... do not "require" taxes, they require taxes for operation of them. One can simply put their car in the garage and not drive it (off of their property) and you do not have to register it or pay taxes on it (providing you own it).

Old 09-17-2011, 08:29 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
the point that if this happens you can expect those things I said to happen (and if you don't your a fool) and therefore I'm against it even with out so called puritanical reasons.
We can cover women from head to toe and not allow them out of the house without a male relative. Otherwise some women will still be raped or beaten.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:29 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the only reason that the female breast is considered sexual is because women are forced to hide them.
And who initially forced women to hide them? Jealous males who treated their females as chattel.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:47 AM

782 posts, read 1,109,221 times
very simply .... no

Old 09-18-2011, 01:05 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
While there are topless beaches in Europe, women there do not walk the streets of most towns topless. And the reason that women don't walk around topless is obvious: because men would not be able to control themselves and promptly end up driving into telephone poles, etc. Women actually have some restraint and don't feel the need to screw a man just because he doesn't have a shirt on.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:49 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
These laws are sexist, no two ways about it. Yes, women should be allowed topless in public as men are. If women aren't, then men shouldn't be able to either. Boobs are not evil.
I don't care about women going topless (especially at beaches) and I think it is a waste of resources to enforce the law.

However, I do hate your logic. Men and women are physiologically different from each other. They are built differently and there are things that one sex can do, but not the other, so it is not necessarily sexist to have some laws that apply to one sex, but not the other.

That being said, it's not an issue I can about and if I was a cop, it wouldn't be a law I would enforce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies