Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 03:37 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,506,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
I agree that one should act like the father. I'm doing everything I speak about here. However, don't estimate the effects of media, society and courts on the non-independent thinkers out there. Society needs to push active fatherhood and offer that 50/50 custody choice by default.

I agree that it's headed in a bad direction for all races, but we can't ignore the unique differences between where the average black man is heading in life compared to the average man of other races. It's basically a quick decline vs a slow decline of culture depending on the community. It's fine if we call it a class issue or a cultural issue, but none of the things I listed have as a high of a racial representation.

The funny thing is everybody knows about the problem (I hear it everywhere, even in the barber shop), but no one wants to resolve it, especially in their personal lives.
Speaking of the devil ...
Elizabeth Abbott: If He Has A Mistress, Why Can't She Have...A Mister? Just the kind of horsesh*t mainstream garbage i was referring too ..

The issue is, no one wants to solve the problem... Women think that they can one up the male by being just as whorish as the 'worst' males out there and that only results in males treating them like they are even less valuable ... Which alot of the whorish trash men among males would love to have a bigger supply of.. It's not a fight woman will ever win and at the end of the day (women take it down to level k-1.. the guys in turn take it down to level k-2.. surprisingly if women stepped it up to k+1 guys would step it up to k+2 .. but this is viewed as anti-progressive I guess and uncool.. go figure), society is worst off as a result ...

Women can win the battle by having higher standards and not dealing w/ such trash men but that would be against mainstream media and profits (and dare I say non-progressive) .. So, on a daily basis women are bombarded with such sh*t articles/ideology as above telling them to try to play who can be the biggest sl*t bag ... and I love how it is eloquently wrapped under the veil of : Modern day feminism/empowerment .. there is nothing empowering about being used and abused by guys your whole life... From the few women I have dated who have tried it out at some point in their life, the emotional damage seems to remain long after...amazing .. simply amazing.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 09-19-2011 at 03:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 03:40 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
I agree that one should act like the father. However, don't estimate the effects of media, society and courts on the non-independent thinkers out there. Society needs to push active fatherhood and offer that 50/50 custody choice by default.
Yes of course. The societal effects may very well be the root cause. But I blame both the individual and the society that created him. We as a country spend way too much time blaming others/society/etc. for our own shortcomings.

Quote:
I agree with the racial component, but we can't ignore the unique differences between where the average black man is heading in life compared to the average man of other races. It's fine if we call it a class issue or a cultural issue, but none of the things I listed have as a high of a racial representation.
I'm not questioning the disparity - there is a huge disparity, I've pointed this out many times on this board. 70% out of wedlock births to either 30% or 18%, I don't remember which one. It's insane. Hell, even 18% is insane if you ask me.

My issue (not with you, you seem to understand me perfectly) is that the racial component tends to distract from the actual problem, which although it may be disproportionate between races is a cultural and universal problem to which no group is immune. Because the state and therefore cultural inclinations of any group, racial or otherwise, is largely based on thousands of years of coincidences over human history.

Quote:
The funny thing is everybody knows about the problem (I hear it everywhere, even in the barber shop), but no one wants to resolve it, especially in their personal lives.
Well that's better than nothing. I rarely hear it being addressed. Except of course when some guy says "why do black people do this" and some other guy says "you're a racist."

As far as fixing it, I've always said that people will never stop screwing up - as long as they're allowed to.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:54 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Speaking of the devil ...
Elizabeth Abbott: If He Has A Mistress, Why Can't She Have...A Mister? Just the kind of horsesh*t mainstream garbage i was referring too ..

The issue is, no one wants to solve the problem... Women think that they can one up the male by being just as whorish as the 'worst' males out there and that only results in males treating them like they are even less valuable ... It's not a fight woman will ever win and at the end of the day, society is worst off as a result ...

Women can win the battle by having higher standards and not dealing w/ such trash men but that would be against mainstream media and profits .. So, on a daily basis women are bombarded with such sh*t articles as above telling them to try to play who can be the biggest sl*t bag ... and I love how it is eloquently wrapped under the veil of : Modern day feminism/empowerment .. there is nothing empowering about being used and abused by guys your whole life... amazing .. simply amazing.
Jesus. Don't get me started on the word "empowerment." There ain't a damn thing about empowering about it. This is just me talking, but in my personal experience, these promiscuous and "empowered" women tend to be much emotionally weaker than the more feminine ones. Why else would you feel the need to assert your whorishness as some kind of validation of your strength?

But what do I know I'm just a stupid primitive sexist caveman republican.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:18 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
If society changed in way of MEN having sex every chance they could get ... If MEN choose more carefully who they opened their pants to .. If when they did, they made sure to protect themselves and the risk of pregnancy .. Magically, you sort out a whole host of problems including the quantity of loser males in society....
There...fixed it for you...
How about BOTH men and women taking some responsibility?

Old 09-22-2011, 07:22 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am still trying to figure out why SOOO many folks (who happen to not be Black women themselves) are so very interested in our love lives?
tried to rep you....Have to wait...why are so many men worried abt womens choices? Many choose to NOT have children and have a career instead. Its an individual thing.

who gives a damn about what society promotes? anyone who uses that as a gauge will be VERY unhappy later in life. You have to be self-actualized, and make a decision. Life is dynamic, it changes.....It isnt what mass media tries to ram down everyone's throat. And yes, some women do NOT like or want kids.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:03 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Freedom123 and yeahthatguy... could both of you please take a time out until you have caught yourselves up on 20 years of American progress?! What kind of self hating claptrap am I reading? In case you haven't noticed, business has indeed noticed that since women come cheaper it makes sense to hire them over men. Unemployment among women is unchanged since 2008. Unemployment among men has doubled since that time. Fundamentalist churches are the only ones still hiring male Pastors. Law firms are hiring more women than men. Two children are now the norm, not 4 - 5. And since I have to say it again. Black, female tenured professors do not date thug losers. Black, female senior partners do not date loser, ghetto, baby daddy's. Black female CEO's do not date no good, two timing can't keep it in his pants playa's. Newly minted black female civil servants making $25,000/yr might hook up with a playa from high school. If a black female with a clerical job in some state office is your idea of black female professionalism then I really must insist that you take a look at what is going on out there.

H

Old 09-23-2011, 04:43 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
What do you expect to happen if uncle Sam usually pays more than a black man can to contribute to the family? We have always been a group of people who didn't make much money but the difference is mostly black women feeling that their mba or whatever degree they have puts them on a higher level than someone who doesn't have a degree, as a result they hold out waiting for the one while occasionally giving it up due to needs having to be filled.

What sisters don't understand is that alot of white women don't marry rich, well out white men, however, they're some consumed with not struggling and living well that they continue to bash, or crap on their own men and whites see it as another way to get paid which is something they really excellent at, commenting on black issues.

Liberal policies have killed the black community and I'm more Libby than conservative but the truth is the truth. You probably would be out of a job if it wasn't for affirmative action to be honest.

Plenty of good brothas trying to get educated at 30 and are making 10 bucks a hour but you don't notice them because you want the nice life.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 09-23-2011, 07:46 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Freedom123 and yeahthatguy... could both of you please take a time out until you have caught yourselves up on 20 years of American progress?! What kind of self hating claptrap am I reading?
Hello Leisesturm,

Instead of name-calling, why don't you counter the points raised in my post? Using this kind of tactic is usually a sign of my points hitting too close to home.

By the way, please elaborate on this "self-hating" you speak of. It will be quite an interesting read.

Quote:
In case you haven't noticed, business has indeed noticed that since women come cheaper it makes sense to hire them over men. Unemployment among women is unchanged since 2008. Unemployment among men has doubled since that time. Fundamentalist churches are the only ones still hiring male Pastors. Law firms are hiring more women than men. Two children are now the norm, not 4 - 5.
The majority of this recession is due to the housing market. Construction and other real estate-related jobs are the major industries affected. Those jobs are typically filled by men. It has nothing to do with hiring women for a cheaper price.

Quote:
And since I have to say it again. Black, female tenured professors do not date thug losers. Black, female senior partners do not date loser, ghetto, baby daddy's. Black female CEO's do not date no good, two timing can't keep it in his pants playa's. Newly minted black female civil servants making $25,000/yr might hook up with a playa from high school. If a black female with a clerical job in some state office is your idea of black female professionalism then I really must insist that you take a look at what is going on out there.

H
Most people with degrees, including Black women, are not tenured professors, senior partners, or CEOs. This is yet another attempt to promote this image of the degreed Black women as one of these high powered positions, when the average graduate is in a social science, education or business/office-related field. More are $30K-$40K social workers, teachers and HR workers than the categories you listed. More would actually fit your civil servant and clerical job description.

That being said, I don't believe all black women with degrees want thugs. Some do, sure, but the real issue is their choice of negative men, regardless of his background. That is reflected in the out of wedlock statistics and low marriage rates, even for women who hold degrees and are over 30.

Even though I am a Black man, I do believe the best short term solution is for the women who are having trouble marrying to expand their racial options. This will even out the pool enough to the point where men can't play the field successfully for their entire adulthood.

Long term, they should increase their expectations of Black men in education, ambition and marriage potential during their younger, "fun" years. Certain negative categories of Black men have the pick of the litter and it's not healthy for the future because they aren't punished socially for not being educated, marriage minded or ambitious (legally).

Old 09-23-2011, 11:57 AM

35 posts, read 104,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post

Plenty of good brothas trying to get educated at 30 and are making 10 bucks a hour but you don't notice them because you want the nice life.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a woman being selective.

Women of all hues should realize that there's no such thing as a man shortage. If a woman is unable to find a quality mate in her immediate community, she should be willing to relocate. I would never advise anyone to just settle. Settling for less, can lead to a life of poverty and misery.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:06 PM

35 posts, read 104,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
What do you expect to happen if uncle Sam usually pays more than a black man can to contribute to the family?

If more black males supported each other and formed businesses, they wouldn't have this problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies