Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 07:42 AM

40,048 posts, read 34,715,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well I guess workers of America will now unite at the unemployment lines.

Ralphs, Albertsons would close stores if workers strike | SignOnSanDiego.com
So we can conclude that both Ralphs and Albertsons have alternative plans for their continued financial success, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 07:46 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,197,450 times
Fire every last one of them. I could care less if they end up living in a tent in the swamp gutter for the rest of their borne days. They should feel lucky to just have a job. Fire every last one of them.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:58 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,485,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Not many people will miss Albertsons, where high prices and low wages meet.

And what's the National University System Institute for Policy? That's a new one to me.
Live out east so I'm not familiar with the chains but what's the use of a union if all it can deliver is low wages?

Old 09-19-2011, 08:09 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,917,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
From the Market. If you are worth it you will get paid. Maybe you go off and do your own thing once Obama is out and some regulations are taken off the books.
Nothing much right with unions anymore. They IMO close businesses down.
I like that there would be no minimum wage. Unions started that BS to and since then there are lots of poor unemployable people that can't get a job because they are not worth the investment required by a minimum wage. Some people should start at a much lower wage to be trained how to work for a living. Many have trouble showing up every day for a job.
I for one am fed up with being held hostage in this country by the so called "job creators!" They have done nothing except rob our county blind and are becoming the "slave creators!"

Old 09-19-2011, 08:14 AM

50,637 posts, read 47,480,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Live out east so I'm not familiar with the chains but what's the use of a union if all it can deliver is low wages?
In this case it is not low wages. The wages are above the scale considering the skill these jobs require. There are only a couple of the jobs (butcher, heavy labor at night, etc) that would even fall under skill or heavy labor. What other jobs are like this? Fast food, convenience stores, retail. These are not jobs someone should be buying a house and a new car on.

If anything use this strike to teach your kids to stay in school.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:14 AM

41,458 posts, read 59,980,091 times
These companies undoubtedly planned on closing these stores anyway so the strike will just be used a "justification". This is just another case of management avoiding responsibility to their workers in order to please their bankers. .

Old 09-19-2011, 08:16 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,265,639 times
Good riddance to the stores AND the union...

Old 09-19-2011, 08:19 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,601,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Fire every last one of them. I could care less if they end up living in a tent in the swamp gutter for the rest of their borne days. They should feel lucky to just have a job. Fire every last one of them.
Agreed!

The destruction of business from Unions is pathetic. People are lucky to have a job during this terrible economy and the fact that the unions are hindering businesses from expanding and functioning due to unreasonable demands is grotesque.

There are plenty of people that would love to have a job!

Old 09-19-2011, 08:19 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,197,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I for one am fed up with being held hostage in this country by the so called "job creators!" They have done nothing except rob our county blind and are becoming the "slave creators!"
So you want businesses to disappear?

Brilliant. We need more of your type in this nation for sure.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:20 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,912,452 times
Not much reason to stay open until strike settled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies