Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 12:39 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,300,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Some of you are so short-sighted. Your cheers for the destruction of unions will only lead to lower wages and benefits for everyone. You are cannibalizing yourselves.
From the Market. If you are worth it you will get paid. Maybe you go off and do your own thing once Obama is out and some regulations are taken off the books.
Nothing much right with unions anymore. They IMO close businesses down.
I like that there would be no minimum wage. Unions started that BS to and since then there are lots of poor unemployable people that can't get a job because they are not worth the investment required by a minimum wage. Some people should start at a much lower wage to be trained how to work for a living. Many have trouble showing up every day for a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 12:44 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,141,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Workers strike, stores close, more people queue up for unemployment...

In California the physical laws of the Universe cease to exist and the unions are a boon to the state's economy...

Sounds like just another typical day in California to me...
ROLMAO Gotta rep. that one. Hit the nail on the
head.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:28 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,054,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Not many people will miss Albertsons, where high prices and low wages meet.

And what's the National University System Institute for Policy? That's a new one to me.

Low wages? I guess those union reps aint doing their job then according to the union boys if it weren't for them we'd all be making ten cents an hour.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Some of you are so short-sighted. Your cheers for the destruction of unions will only lead to lower wages and benefits for everyone. You are cannibalizing yourselves.

Try to step outside of your jealousy and bitterness for once in your lives. If anything, you should be thankful that unions are still alive and fighting for good wages and benefits.

If, someday, you're only making $1 an hour, will you be hoping to see everyone else making $1 an hour too, or will you be cheering for people who fight for better wages and benefits? My hope is that it's the latter, but I bet it'll be the former. I think you right-wingers want a dog-eat-dog, Lord Of The Flies-type of society, and you won't be happy until everyone is suffering.
I guess the 90% who aren't in unions will shudder in fear of this buck an hour pay scale. lol. Fear tactics and union thuggery has been exposed in Wisc and now across the country with this type of rhetoric.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:31 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,625,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This day and age with so many people out of work union members could really have such tactics backfire and find themselves completely out of work and out of contract. Plenty of people with families to feed will be more than happy to take their jobs.
You've got that right.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:34 AM

Lets face it unions have been feeding at the trough of others for years and when times are good many don't seem to mind. When they see the greed of these people wanting more of their money now when they don't have any to give is a wakeup call that has been needed for quite some time. Unions are breaking the budgets in many states across the country and instead of taking a hit like the rest these folks are standing around wanting more. Now stores are being shut down because of the greed and utter entitlement attitude these people have. They're stocking shelves for God's sake. Thank the Lord you have a job in today's America don't scream you want more money.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:53 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,952,350 times
Union demands and mismanagement were both responsible for bringing down GM and Chrysler. The fact is, they simply pushed the price of their products beyond reasonable limits and american car buyers balked. The companies became less profitable and the unions continued pushing the envelope to the collapse of these two giants. It's no different at Albertsons. Perhaps they don't get the wage of the UAW or the benefits, but, the premise is still the same. In open shop states these employees will meerly be replaced with people that want to work. IN closed shop states, the stores will meerly close their doors and nobody will have those jobs.. Business is tired of being held up by unions just to keep their doors open. They no longer can make a profit and grow their companies, so what is the point? The business does not exist for the employees. The business exists for the investors in that business. If you don't like the wage you are getting, then simply leave and find better employment. If you can.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:16 AM

13,827 posts, read 30,005,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
If you don't like the wage you are getting, then simply leave and find better employment. If you can.
I left Albertson's to work at Domino's Pizza. Was the best move of my life.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:19 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,952,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I left Albertson's to work at Domino's Pizza. Was the best move of my life.
Man that's great.. I wish you all the success and hope others that are dissatisfied will follow your lead.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:23 AM

13,827 posts, read 30,005,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Man that's great.. I wish you all the success and hope others that are dissatisfied will follow your lead.
Maybe I should have clarified, this was in 2004, hired and quit post-the-last-strike.

I would never recommend anybody work for that company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies