Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 02:20 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
BTW, I think we either need to separate homosexuals from heterosexuals or stop separating males and females. Can give us a logical explanation for why we separate one but not the other?
How about you give us logical explanation for the bolded? So now you're saying that, instead of DADT, we need to make that a question on the application to join the military, just so we can then build separate accommodations for them and make it a POINT to identify the gay soldiers? The whole POINT to repealing DADT was supposed to be that one's sexual orientation DOESN'T MATTER.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:24 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's discriminatory and led to many gays getting kicked out of the military because someone accidently found out.

If freakin Israel can handle gays in the military with no adverse effects, Americans need to grow the heck up.
Uhmmmm true. But to be fair many also used it to get kicked out......
By this I mean they wanted out before the end of their enlistment .
Early in my career the code was sleep walking. If someone claimed they were getting a discharge due to sleep walking it was a 95% chance it was really due to being gay. Later it was just out in the open DADT.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It's not ok to blame everyone for what a few do. Sorry but thats just common sense.
Show just one post in this thread where anyone is "blaming everyone" for what one or two people did. It was disrespectful for that one or two to boo that soldier and it was disrespectful for the majority to cheer Santorum's ridiculous rant about sex, when the question had nothing to do with sex.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:31 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
You can't fix stupid.
Yes, I've seen that from your posts. Did you have a point?

Old 09-25-2011, 02:35 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So if one group lies about who they are, everyone in that group also lies about who they are?

Why does acknowledging that a tiny subgroup varies from the norm necessarily involve ridicule?

The 1-2% of the population that self-identifies as homosexual are abnormal.

Is that not factually true?

Know why you don't have to tell the people at your favorite pizzeria to add mozzarella cheese to your pizza?

That's because pizza with cheese is a normal pizza.

I see people eat pizza without cheese and I think they are nuts.

Does that mean I'm an intolerant cheese bigot who secretly desires pizza without cheese?
Because all your posts are dripping with ridicule and insults about gays based on 100% false information.

And pizza is a really bad analogy. I don't see you calling non-cheese pizza eaters abnormal, perverted, disgusting, don't deserve rights, etc. I do see you say those things about gays. Based on your absolute disdain for gay people, I'm quite convinced you're closeted, and scientific studies would support my conclusion.

Perhaps we should give all the homophobes on this board a tumescence exam in response to homoerotic pictures and see the truth that their mouth doesn't want to admit.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:37 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
California's Prop 8, everyone knows about that.
Come on, wehotex. Don't exaggerate. Yes, we all know about the Church's stance on Prop 8 and all about its involvement. But "terror campaign"? Good grief.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:37 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Because all your posts are dripping with ridicule and insults about gays based on 100% false information.

And pizza is a really bad analogy. I don't see you calling non-cheese pizza eaters abnormal, perverted, disgusting, don't deserve rights, etc. I do see you say those things about gays. Based on your absolute disdain for gay people, I'm quite convinced you're closeted, and scientific studies would support my conclusion.

Perhaps we should give all the homophobes on this board a tumescence exam in response to homoerotic pictures and see the truth that their mouth doesn't want to admit.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:38 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are quite welcome. You and others obviously needed clarifcation. The military is certainly not there to make every "oppressed minority" feel unequal and excluded regardless of the military's needs.

True enough sickofnyc.

So, which excluded minority group should be the next one to be included in the military?

I say the physically handicapped...oh, sorry...I mean to say the physically challenged. After that we can work something out for the visually impared.

Last edited by momonkey; 09-25-2011 at 03:05 PM..

Old 09-25-2011, 02:39 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Yes, I've seen that from your posts. Did you have a point?

Well yes. Your post to start.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Why is it important or even necessary for that matter that we are required to be made aware of the individual’s sexuality? Is the fact that he is a soldier supposed to somehow validate his homosexuality? The homosexual soldier deliberately injected himself into controversy by asking a premeditated provocative confrontational question in a specific forum and to a specific individual whom he already knew was not sympathetic to his orientation and cause. The homosexual soldier successfully got the negative reaction he was after.
Who said we are required to be made aware of it? This fellow mentioned it because it was germane to the question he was asking. And he asked the question because, as a soldier who happens to be gay, DADT was an important consideration to him. Had his question been on any other issue, he probably wouldn't have mentioned that he's gay. And his question was directed to ALL of those at that debate table; it just happened to be Santorum's turn to reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies