Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 12:16 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times

Advertisements

I recently read in the news how Nixon knew of all the drugs and the disease Kennedy had.
Evidently the detectives or mob operatives under the Kennedy family in return found out about how Dr. Arnold A. Hutschnecker served as Richard M. Nixon's psychotherapist since the 50s.
We learned publically about the Dr. becaused he revealed himself after Nixon's death.

They had a lot of stuff on each other that the public did not know. Had either had their bag of things exposed, their political careers and future would be over.

So when I read Nixon didn't protest the theft in the vote for the good of our country I think now it was more because of a mutual threat between the two. I think they played nice with each other or they would mutually sink their careers.

Just my opinion, but mildly interesting when added to the history books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 12:19 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,406 times
The Kennedy's are scum. They made their fortune selling illegal booze during prohibition and used the White House as a bachelor pad.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:26 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
The Kennedy's are scum. They made their fortune selling illegal booze during prohibition and used the White House as a bachelor pad.
John F. was not popular as President till he was killed either.

In some ways when a President gets hurt or killed his likability goes way up. S T R A N G E.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:31 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Who cares about the booze. I'm glad they did sell it. The booze was only illegal because government said so. Our government does own it's citizens. It does not have the right to tell us what we can or cannot put into our body.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:33 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Politicians covering up for each other is a matter of professional courtesy. The Bushes and Clintons, for example, knew the rules, going back to their collusion in the contra/cocaine/CIA affair.

When H. Ross Perot broke this protocol in the 1992 debates by bringing up the April Glaspie/Saddam Hussein issue, Bush Sr. was floored. He had no legitimate way to respond, so he shouted Perot down. I'm not sure why that didn't get more attention when it happened.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:47 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Who cares about the booze. I'm glad they did sell it. The booze was only illegal because government said so. Our government does own it's citizens. It does not have the right to tell us what we can or cannot put into our body.

That is the definition of "illegal".

Old 08-31-2011, 01:21 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I recently read in the news how Nixon knew of all the drugs and the disease Kennedy had.
Evidently the detectives or mob operatives under the Kennedy family in return found out about how Dr. Arnold A. Hutschnecker served as Richard M. Nixon's psychotherapist since the 50s.
We learned publically about the Dr. becaused he revealed himself after Nixon's death.

They had a lot of stuff on each other that the public did not know. Had either had their bag of things exposed, their political careers and future would be over.

So when I read Nixon didn't protest the theft in the vote for the good of our country I think now it was more because of a mutual threat between the two. I think they played nice with each other or they would mutually sink their careers.

J Edgar Hoover had the goods on both of them. The only guy who could blackmail Hoover was JBJ, who was quite possibly the only meaner SOB alive.

Read the biographies about Hoover. They essentially state that we had a benevolent dictator from the late 20s to the early 70s. Hoover would send compromising photos to JFK to "persuade him" to make certain policy decisions, particularly those regarding the FBI.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:23 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,522,379 times
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry: "Who cares about the booze. I'm glad they did sell it. The booze was only illegal because government said so."

LetsRock replies: "That is the definition of "illegal"."

----------------

Is engaging in an act which is illegal always to be considered engaging in a wrongful action?

Old 08-31-2011, 01:24 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:

Do you have a cite for any of this?

Old 08-31-2011, 01:27 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
Quote:
Quote:
John F. was not popular as President till he was killed either.

In some ways when a President gets hurt or killed his likability goes way up. S T R A N G E.
@Let'sRock: Nicely put!

@RCCCB: Let's face it: If Kennedy didn't get his head blown off, Democrats today would be reviling him as a tax cutter. If JFK were alive today, he'd be a Tea Partier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies