Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 04:33 PM

27,218 posts, read 46,791,599 times

Advertisements

Al Sharpton: 'Put Governor Christie In Jail For 90 Days' To Lose Weight.

Read more: Al Sharpton: 'Put Governor Christie In Jail For 90 Days' To Lose Weight | NewsBusters.org

On Friday's "Morning Joe," during a discussion about obesity prompted by a pathetic column by the Washington Post's Eugene Robinson entitled "Christie's Hefty Burden," MSNBC's Al Sharpton joked, "So what I think we should do is put Governor Christie in jail for 90 days" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

---------------------------------------

It might have been meant as a joke, but how would Al Sharpton react if it was said about a black person....

We all know that Chris Christie is not living a healthy life and is risking his health with the obesity he has, but to me the joke is wrong.

If he would have stated that he had to lose weight it would be ok, but to put him in jail makes it to me weird joke since a white person would not have been allowed to say the same thing about a black person without Sharpton freaking out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 04:38 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,964,429 times
That is typical of Sharpton. He has a habit of running his stupid racists mouth without even thinking.They should jail him for stupidity.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:39 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,139,326 times
Did Sharpton lose a lot of weight or something, because from what I recall he's got no room to talk.

Literally.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:42 PM

7,816 posts, read 6,401,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Did Sharpton lose a lot of weight or something, because from what I recall he's got no room to talk.

Literally.
He went on a hunger strike in prison sometime between Tawana Brawley and now. I guess that's where his joke comes from.

I'm no fan of this shakedown artist but I guess he's kinda making fun of himself, too.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:56 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,142,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
He went on a hunger strike in prison sometime between Tawana Brawley and now. I guess that's where his joke comes from.

I'm no fan of this shakedown artist but I guess he's kinda making fun of himself, too.

Yeah, I agree. I pretty much hate how people let alone a network gives this man a voice but it's nothing to freak out about. Christy is a big man and there's no denying that. I hope the obsession with his weight goes away but I can find better things to be upset at than this minor joke. We cant take offense to absolutely everything.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:04 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,196,748 times
They have to rip down Christie some how so they pick on his weight.. they are prejudiced against every fat person by saying that. Msnbc loves to rip down the republicans personally. It shows how childish they are . That is why I can't stand watching msnbc.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:10 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,215,218 times
This guy is the purest form of racist mixed in with a healthy dose of hypocrite...

Old 09-30-2011, 05:22 PM

24,439 posts, read 23,103,140 times
And then send Barack Obama back to school for 90 days to get an education?

Old 09-30-2011, 05:23 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,873,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Read more: Al Sharpton: 'Put Governor Christie In Jail For 90 Days' To Lose Weight | NewsBusters.org

On Friday's "Morning Joe," during a discussion about obesity prompted by a pathetic column by the Washington Post's Eugene Robinson entitled "Christie's Hefty Burden," MSNBC's Al Sharpton joked, "So what I think we should do is put Governor Christie in jail for 90 days" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

It might have been meant as a joke, but how would Al Sharpton react if it was said about a black person....

We all know that Chris Christie is not living a healthy life and is risking his health with the obesity he has, but to me the joke is wrong.

If he would have stated that he had to lose weight it would be ok, but to put him in jail makes it to me weird joke since a white person would not have been allowed to say the same thing about a black person without Sharpton freaking out!
Last time I checked, Sharpton needs to shed some pounds himself. What a poor joke. Guess by Sharptons train of thought, then Michelle Obama would need to spend several years in jail to lose that humungous booty she hauls on her backside.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:27 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,544,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

You would of course make this about race when it wasn't. Sharpton was poking fun at himself and the fact that it took going to jail to lose weight and learn not to ear when it because its there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies