Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:34 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times

Advertisements

Christie's Talk Is Blunt, But Not Always Welcome - New Jersey 101.5 FM (http://www.nj1015.com/pages/9467522.php - broken link)

There's an audio segment at that link which will play the phone call in question. I know it's not pretty but why can't people on the left handle the simple truth these days that their states are broke and can't afford to continue the same as they always have?

Quote:
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has garnered national attention for his blunt, in-your-face style. He says what he's thinking and isn't afraid to mix it up with fellow politicians, public employee unions or average citizens who question his governing methods. His supporters say he's refreshing and funny at the same time, but those on the receiving end of Christie's debate retorts are rarely happy to hear what he has to say.

During Millennium Radio New Jersey's most recent "Ask the Governor" program a caller who says she is Penny from Blackwood, New Jersey learned first-hand that Christie is not always going to say what you're hoping to hear. Her topic was the Governor's plan to reform the public worker health care system....
Look at the comments below, I can't find a single comment from someone against Christie who actually acknowledges there's a problem but instead they just spew hate about the man himself. I have no doubt that Christie is too smart to run for POTUS in 2012 as much as I would like to see him run... hell I'd just like to see him debate Obama for fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 10:26 AM

401 posts, read 473,727 times
I like him overall. He is pragmatic. BTW, I think that the segment your are talking about starts about minute 41.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:37 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
Ask any liberal what America should be, and he'll chew your ear off. Ask him what's wrong with America, and he'll offer you a reading list. But ask him what America is-- besides a massive social service center or a collection of war crimes and corporations, and he'll have no real answers and just go to the liberal handbook and deflect as usual.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:42 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Because liberals don't like to hear facts or the truth?

P.S. Personal attacks are fair game for the left. Most of the time, they don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to issues, so they resort to attacking the messenger. Not very mature, if you ask me.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:47 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,503 times
I think it's more than that. He doesn't just TELL it like it is, there are politicians all over the place like that. He actually implements what he says he will. He is more than talk.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Maybe because the story christe tells is unrelated to what is actually happening?

Old 03-24-2011, 11:30 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
The story he tells is exactly what's happening. We are going bust over here in NJ. He tells it like it is and backs it up.

I did vote for him and would again. I think he would make a great President, but we need him to fix us up first.

The left doesn't like him because he is not business as usual. People of NJ want change, but in order to have the change we need, things actually DO have to change. That's the part people are upset with. Kind of funny when you think back to the 2008 elections and that's what most said they wanted. Unfortunately, the only thing promised then was "hope and change". I'm still hoping and looking for the change (these days in my couch too).

Old 03-24-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Maybe because the story christe tells is unrelated to what is actually happening?
It didn't sound like much of a story to me, maybe I'm missing something but he was pretty clear and it sounded simple to me. Would you like to explain this to us based on your side?

Old 03-24-2011, 11:35 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
The story he tells is exactly what's happening. We are going bust over here in NJ. He tells it like it is and backs it up.

I did vote for him and would again. I think he would make a great President, but we need him to fix us up first.

The left doesn't like him because he is not business as usual. People of NJ want change, but in order to have the change we need, things actually DO have to change. That's the part people are upset with. Kind of funny when you think back to the 2008 elections and that's what most said they wanted. Unfortunately, the only thing promised then was "hope and change". I'm still hoping and looking for the change (these days in my couch too).
I agree. I'm in a public union in NJ and I voted for Christie. I would do so again too. I'm not afraid of the changes, they HAVE to be made so I want to just meet them head on and get on with my life instead of complaining about things I have no control over. Many of my fellow union members don't feel the same as me. I have to keep reminding them that Christie is trying to SAVE or pensions and benefits by making us pay more. I have no beef with that at all.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post

It sounds to me like most on the left want change but they expect that change to come at the expense of other people and not them.

Listening to that woman talk about her husband's income and her income and their health care costs was very telling... it's inconceivable to many on the left that we all might have to make choices we don't like and we will all have to live a little leaner for a while to fix these problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies