Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 01:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,315,185 times

Advertisements

Of course, it is not being able to get any Republican votes for the purpose. Anyway Dirty Harry will say that. I got a kick out of seeing that many Dem Senators just won't vote for it because it has too many new taxes and cuts all subsidies for oil companies. Oh yeah, Senators from heavy oil producing states who are up for re-election won't vote for it. If course they are going to blame the Republicans because they are already saying it has to be a bi-partisan thing.

Dick Durbin: We don't have the votes to pass Obama's jobs bill yet - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 01:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,589,524 times
I posted another thread and found an article regarding Reid.

Reid said he'd put it on the Senate calendar but DIDN'T SAY WHEN.

Even the Dems are not overly enthusiastic about stimulus II.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/15/us...jobs-bill.html
Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the majority leader, has said he will put the bill on the legislative calendar but has declined to say when.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,315,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I posted another thread and found an article regarding Reid.

Reid said he'd put it on the Senate calendar but DIDN'T SAY WHEN.

Even the Dems are not overly enthusiastic about stimulus II.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/15/us...jobs-bill.html
Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the majority leader, has said he will put the bill on the legislative calendar but has declined to say when.
Well I think that Turban Durbin said it as well as it could be said. They don't have enough Dems to get there even if all the RINOs go along with them. I wonder just how much of that new tax crap is in there since Durbin did admit that there is some and some of the Senators said just too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies