Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2011, 03:58 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
No, I'm not focusing on one boogieman unless you include the whole radical progressive liberal movement, the big banks, Wall Street and the Federal reserve, central banks and world banks as the boogieman. I mention Soros because of his heavy involvement in the progressive liberal movement and control over the mainstream media. Soros has a fascination with pulling strings in our country.
There is no conspiracy between ideology and individual greed. Banksters do what they do because of greed and not ideology. They don't care who they have to partner with as long as it benefits them financially.

I am a liberal, why have I not been giving my marching orders by my overlords.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 04:03 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If they plan to commit treason and take over the government as you say, shouldn't someone tell them that the WH is not located in NYC near Wall Street ?
They are heading for Freedom Plaza in Washington this week.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
They are heading for Freedom Plaza in Washington this week.
Cite please. I am not saying that I don't believe you, but trust and verify has always been by motto. Please don't cite the blaze or Glenn Beck.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I am a liberal, why have I not been giving my marching orders by my overlords.
You must not be liberal enough

Old 10-02-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Cite please. I am not saying that I don't believe you, but trust and verify has always been by motto. Please don't cite the blaze or Glenn Beck.
October 2011 | Human Needs, Not Corporate Greed

This is one of the groups supporting the protests. Click on the Organizations link to see the groups supporting the protests.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
October 2011 | Human Needs, Not Corporate Greed

This is one of the groups supporting the protests. Click on the Organizations link to see the groups supporting the protests.
O.K. I checked. There is an Occupy wall street in the organization as well as about 50 others. O.K. good for them. Thanks for getting the word out. My over lords did not send me an update.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:28 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It might have been the intentions of the Tea Party supporters to change the status quo, but this is not what happend. The Tea Party was hijacked by the Neocons and they are just as much in bed with Wall Street and the corporate lobbysits as most other representtives. Open your eyes! Until there is Campaign Finance Reform legislated and we will not hold our breath for that to happen, most candidates spend most of their time raising money and returning favors. Sorry to burst your bubble, but many of the Republicans that were voted in at the last election, will be voted out. The Republicans are working overtime to create massive voter surpression with any means possible because they are very aware of just how low their approval ratings are.

Who's committing treason?
Nothing you are saying is true. You view it as voter suppression, we view it as making sure there is no more voter fraud, which the left are now renowned for. You are pressing the police thru civil disobedience to do something wrong, so you can pretend to be victims. Then your National Lawyers Guild will spring into action and the money flows your way.
We are watching and waiting to see how desperate for attention you are.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:34 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Protesting is now treason ?
Stop reading the DHS propaganda.
They have committed NO treason.
They are protesting and have every right to do so.
Never treason. And as long as the protests remain peaceful, they are welcome and encouraged to protest.

Sadly, as we've seen in Europe, these protests often turn violent and destructive. Hopefully it won't happen here.

P.S. Please remember your stance when liberals are calling TP folks traitors and terrorists.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Never treason. And as long as the protests remain peaceful, they are welcome and encouraged to protest.

Sadly, as we've seen in Europe, these protests often turn violent and destructive. Hopefully it won't happen here.

P.S. Please remember your stance when liberals are calling TP folks traitors and terrorists.
Yes I do. Peaceful protests are not treason no matter which group protests.
When violence starts then it may be a different story.
But so far the violence has been from the NYPD against the protesters.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:39 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
"I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that criminal occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine to demand that our resources are invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning ."
that's how stupid they are. Wasn't it Obama that pledged to get the troops out? Why aren't you protesting at his house? These protesters are all about growing gov't, plus more gov't regulations, the opposite of the tea party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies