Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 10:04 PM

114 posts, read 99,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The correct spelling is lose, not loose.
That guy was already corrected. Read before you post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 10:04 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Pretty much the same thing that happens now: the 80% will attempt to confiscate the wealth of the 20% through legally bribing politicians to "soak the rich."
I agree with everything except the percentages. It's more like 95% and 5%. You can't consider middle class whites as rich.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:07 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,887,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
She's a white nationalist, and I am amazed that she lives in NYC. Pretty interesting in a really Lisa Ling expose' show kinda way. It would be like a Nation of Islam member or Reverend Wright living in the rural south. lol
I always wondered if she was a white nationalist! An oddity that she uses a Jewish name, though. You'd think that would be odious to her.

To the OP, I imagine the smart people (i.e., the wealthy) will figure out a way to hang on to both money and power. Eventually the dumb people will figure out that they can't run things on their own.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:12 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkTheLine View Post
That guy was already corrected. Read before you post.
I wasn't responding to a "guy". You are confusing her with another bad speller.

Perhaps you should read before you post.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:24 AM

351 posts, read 975,855 times
Quote:
By the looks of things it looks like whites will be a minority by mid century but will still hold most of the country's wealth, Do you think this will effect race relations?
Nope. Whites are already the minority in many cities around the country. Race relations won't change.

Wealth has a tendency to stay with the wealthy, and since most of the wealth is held by white people (and a very small percentage of white people), it will stay with white people (that same very small percent).

Old 10-03-2011, 12:56 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
What a stupid racist topic perpetuating ridiculus racial stereo types. "White this" and "White that". The fastest growing group in the country is those of combined ethnic or racial backgrounds. I find this to be left over hippie logic from the 60's. My family is predominately white and hispanic mixed and more recently Asian and even Middle Eastern. Maybe we should segragate the whitest ones and send them to Europe or back to Mexaco. Oh no, I have some really white second cousins who are from Mexico city, so do they go to Europe? Or how about my first cousins who are White/Mexican and Thai mix. what group should they identify with since some of them could pass for white and some hispanic.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
White's are the current majority so it would make since to me to set our immigration policy's to be in the interest of the current majority. Is it in our best interest to make a future where our kids are a minority? i care less about race in more about assimilation. At this rate of Mexican immigration we are not seeing a assimilation into our mixing pot with a added flavor here and there but a total dilution of the pot unlike past groups.
Y'all gave up that idea back in 1965. Can't return to it now.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:08 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
By the looks of things it looks like whites will be a minority by mid century but will still hold most of the country's wealth, Do you think this will effect race relations?
You don't think that is has affected "race relations" for the last 200+ years?

Old 10-03-2011, 01:08 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,201,983 times
What about self identified ''white Hispanics or latinos'' who make up about 53% of the 50 million latinos in the USA? I personally think many of them are not actually white per se, but for the truly white/Spanaird descendants, I have a feeling they will eventually be recognized as part of the white race(officially) by society, as more will assimilate into the mainstream, via Charlie Sheen(not his original surname). It will be just like when Sicilians, Irish, and others were finally accepted in the white circle. And even if that doesn't happen and we continue to look at only those that are not hispanic/latino, then still, they are predicted to remain in the plurality at forty something percent by either 2030 or 2050, which makes them not exactly minorities.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 10-03-2011 at 02:22 PM..

Old 10-03-2011, 01:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
same thing that happens at starbucks on the hood, when there are no white clerks-- AA wont patronize that biz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies