Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 12:11 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times

Advertisements

... for staying silent when audience members at a debate booed a gay soldier who asked a question about DADT.

Quote:
"We don't believe in the kind of smallness that says it's okay for a stage full of political leaders -- one of whom could end up being the president of the United States -- being silent when an American soldier is booed. We don't believe in that," said Obama to loud cheers and a standing ovation
Obama HRC Speech 2011: President Talks Gay Rights At Human Rights Campaign Dinner

I guess we know who will not get the gay vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 12:19 AM

812 posts, read 595,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
... for staying silent when audience members at a debate booed a gay soldier who asked a question about DADT.

Obama HRC Speech 2011: President Talks Gay Rights At Human Rights Campaign Dinner

That's right that is all thsi little sicko understands, turning people against one another. Nos substance so divide and conquer, nothing new for the demwits.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:37 AM

306 posts, read 355,305 times
Default :-|

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
That's right that is all thsi little sicko understands, turning people against one another. Nos substance so divide and conquer, nothing new for the demwits.
LOL! Brilliant! DEMwits! Your parents must be so proud! You finally made a funny! Maybe the doctors were wrong!

Because we all know the Republicans are all about bringing us together as a country. Thats the one thing we can all be sure about. Republicans will always bring together opressed minorities, the underpriveledged, the poor, the workers at big companies, the elderly, the religious minorities, gays ....

Oops, wait, I meant that Republicans will bring "us" together AGAINST those people ...Silly me!

My Bad!

Old 10-02-2011, 12:39 AM

812 posts, read 595,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
LOL! Brilliant! DEMwits! Your parents must be so proud! You finally made a funny! Maybe the doctors were wrong!

Because we all know the Republicans are all about bringing us together as a country. Thats the one thing we can all be sure about. Republicans will always bring together opressed minorities, the underpriveledged, the poor, the workers at big companies, the elderly, the religious minorities, gays ....

Oops, wait, I meant that Republicans will bring "us" together AGAINST those people ...Silly me!

My Bad!
Well...don't kn ow about all that but they might giv eyou a job if you pull your pants up!

Old 10-02-2011, 12:40 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:

The GOP despises gays, almost as much as they despise Blacks, Hispanics, immigrants from 3rd world countries, and Muslims.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:52 AM

306 posts, read 355,305 times
Default Poor Thing...

Quote:
Well...don't kn ow about all that but they might giv eyou a job if you pull your pants up!
You realize that makes no sense. Right?

Bless your heart!

Old 10-02-2011, 12:53 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
You realize that makes no sense. Right?

Bless your heart!
that is at good as it gets

Old 10-02-2011, 12:58 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,790 times
Quote:
You add so much to this conversation! Enough with the snark. Make some sense unless that is too much to ask.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:09 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,510,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

The GOP despises gays, almost as much as they despise Blacks, Hispanics, immigrants from 3rd world countries, and Muslims.
Yes...the blacks and Hispanic communities welcome the gay community with open arms. Blacks and Hispanics help pass prop 8 in California at a higher percentage than whites.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:22 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:

I saw it, and frankly I thought this:
1. Political pandering
2. Isn't it sad, that while championing civil rights for our gay citizens,
he STILL thinks it's okay for our citizens to be engaged in wars of
choice.

So, I have to ask - whose rights is he trying to protect.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies