Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 08:43 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times

Advertisements

The interviewee fell down badly at the end with his comment about Solyndra. He needs to take his blinders off, corruption and malfeasance is never acceptable. Until then he presented his points better than most of the other protestors even if he came across as very partisan. I'm not saying he was right and his solutions wouldn't necessarily accomplish anything he wants, probably not. He'd probably still be part of the problem. But he could speak his thoughts clearly and wasn't annoyingly vague like many of the others.
Being critical of a news group allowing him to say what he wanted wasn't owning anybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 09:00 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No harsh words for a government who bailed out favored corps with taxpayer money and is now looking for more?
Or the fed who led and fueled the collapse?
Typical leftist class warfare by the numbers.

Love the union soldier cap glorifying Lincolns slaughter.
What about confederate flags and such that glorify the slaughter of Jefferson Davis?

Old 10-05-2011, 10:48 AM

36 posts, read 21,014 times
What did Jesus tell the rich man that wanted to follow him?

You seem to be obsessed with the riches of this life. Jesus said the poor will always be with us. Maybe follow the the Bible's commandments and not the GOP's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
For the millionth time, Jesus never said we should take from one and give to another. Btw, conservatives donate their own money voluntarily.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:49 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquering Wind View Post
What did Jesus tell the rich man that wanted to follow him?
He didn't threaten to take their money or send them to jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquering Wind View Post
You seem to be obsessed with the riches of this life. Jesus said the poor will always be with us. Maybe follow the the Bible's commandments and not the GOP's.
Yeah you just made that up. I'm not obsessed with riches nor am I religious. I'm just trying to tear apart stupid liberal arguments.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:03 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
[/color][/b]

Because you dont want your money going to all people. Just the ones you choose.
Holy cow!

You actually get the meaning of "freedom"!

I can't believe it!

Old 10-05-2011, 01:06 PM

898 posts, read 827,796 times
Lots of new trolls like the OP showing up these days. Actually, they aren't new, just previously banned members.

As to his original post, the only person "owned" is the OP. LOL!

Old 10-05-2011, 01:07 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
As a Leftist I have no argument with real capitalist businesses. We do not, on many levels, have real capitalism. What we do have is varying forms of monopoly, inside dealing, government loss guarantees and excessive borrowing. The actual effect of our economy is to concentrate wealth without risk. That is not Capitalism in an open market. This is a scam.

I propose reversing the government protection to assure everyone that they will not starve in the dark without health care while forcing the money masters to take real risks with their own money. We need to break up the money center thieves BoA, GS, etc. into many smaller competitive companies. Competition, not collusion, is the essence of Capitalism.
How exactly will that ensure that all people will begin to take responsibility for themselves?

Old 10-05-2011, 01:10 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Lolz, liberals actually believe the conservative media is "propaganda" (which is only Fox News as far as I can tell) but MSNBC/NBC/CBS/ABC/BBC/CNN/NYT/PBS are not. Sheeple.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:21 PM

36 posts, read 21,014 times
I guess everyone you don't agree with is a troll. LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
Lots of new trolls like the OP showing up these days. Actually, they aren't new, just previously banned members.

As to his original post, the only person "owned" is the OP. LOL!

Old 10-05-2011, 01:27 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
They're protesting Wall Street because the government bailed it out. What kind of logic is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies