Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 11:31 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

These guys take the cake. Now they want to put up a bill telling certain banks what they can charge as fees. Calling out BOA on the floor? What is wrong with these fools? If people don't like it they will move their account. They created the whole mess in the first place and in typical fashion now will come in and pretend to try and save the day fixing a problem they created to begin with. All to the cheers of the left wing lemmings of course.

"Richard Hunt, the president of the Consumer Bankers Association, said today that he was “very disappointed” by Obama’s remarks.

“Recent announcements from banks across the country regarding new fees for debit purchases and eliminating free checking are all widely predicted consequences from the government price controls in the Durbin amendment,” Hunt said."

Of course they were widely predicted and that's why republicans didn't want the bill to go through.

BofA Customers Could Quit Over New Debit Fees, Lawmakers Say - Businessweek
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 11:33 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
They don't have to cover their butts. The sheep who can't think for themselves have already blamed corporate greed.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
If the banks want to retain their customers they will eat the loss of fee revenue and keep on banking. If they keep the exrea fees I am certain some of the competitors will not.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:35 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Probably end up blaming Bush when all is said and done.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:37 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
I wonder what grocery stores would do I we didn't let them put any profit on stables like milk, eggs, bread?

Or if congress mandated that every car in the US have 4 airbags and an emergency crash transponder.

This reminds me of the dog and pony show congress pulled on the oil companies when speculators temporarily spiked the prices. They were going to "take those profits" yeah....as campaign contributions. LMAO.

Derp Derp Derp....people are stupid. If you don't like the fees shop around, consider a credit union etc. I got a credit card offer in the mail with a $495 annual fee recently (no, that's not a typo.). I had the free choice to laugh and throw it away not cry about what services I want people to provide me for free.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:40 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Talk about voting against your own interests. The Dummycrats do it all the time. Obama/Pelosi/Reid & Co. get in bed with Big Banks, deliberately leaving in loopholes so Banks can work around the new laws and charge people more fees, and the stupid Dem sheep will once again robotically vote for Obama in 2012 but continue to blame the GOP and Tea Party for the country being run by "corporate interests" because that's what MSNBC has been brainwashing them with.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:42 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,412,287 times
If the president had ever owned a business, or managed a business, or worked in a business, or even had a paper route, he would not spout quite as much ignorance. He is as big a fool as Durbin; "micro-managing" is not one of the government's core competencies.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:45 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
You'll never hear a Dem owning this garbage.

The Durbin Amendment. Talk about benefiting big business and banking.

What a stinker.

I heard Stephanie Miller on the radio this morning giving praise to the progressive left for the "Occupy Wall Street" nonsense.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Its just a trnfer of who pays the debt card feees for example from merchants to consumer directly.bascailly insteadf of merchants adding on fee to price the consumer pays directly. The merchant still get less check frud;instant tranfer of money and alot less paper work than checks etc while banks still have to process and cover with frud insusrance fee.It means consumer who use debt card pays rather tha it being spreadout to all by raisng average price. That is the trend in all swuch prodcuts by new rules really.Credit card either who spends enough or pay to service the account when not.Checkig either you maitain a balnce they make money on or you pay for checking cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies