Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 09:01 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,663,728 times

Advertisements

Come to Indiana. About every damn road and bridge is being repaired. My Man Mitch said from Day One he was going to use the money for road projects and he didn't waste one minute putting it to use. It's a pain in the ass right now but it will be nice when everything is done.

Thanks to our Republican Governor, Mitch Daniels, for not turning down the money like some other short-sighted Governors did. He did what was best for his state, not the Republican agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 09:03 PM

45,241 posts, read 26,477,444 times
I'm so happy my money and those of future generations went to improve the infrastructure that your state government let go to sh**.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'm so happy my money and those of future generations went to improve the infrastructure that your state government let go to sh**.

You don't like it? Elect politicians who agree with you. If you're in the minority, sorry about your luck. This is the system the Founders set up. Republicans think the system the Founders set up is infallible, right?

I agree with my Governor, Mitch Daniels, that the Stimulus money was needed in Indiana, and it should have been used to improve our infrastructure. He's a sharp guy and that's why I voted for him in 2008.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:30 PM

45,241 posts, read 26,477,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
You don't like it? Elect politicians who agree with you. If you're in the minority, sorry about your luck. This is the system the Founders set up. Republicans think the system the Founders set up is infallible, right?

I agree with my Governor, Mitch Daniels, that the Stimulus money was needed in Indiana, and it should have been used to improve our infrastructure. He's a sharp guy and that's why I voted for him in 2008.
Where in the constitution was the central government endowed with stimulus powers?

Old 10-07-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Where in the constitution was the central government endowed with stimulus powers?
Seriously?

That's your argument?

Where in the Constitution is MOST of the laws and regulations that have been passed by the Congress over the last 200 years?

To single out the Stimulus Bill is laughable.

Anyway, I can show you where the Stimulus legislation IS authorized. Feel free to PM me and I will school you on the Constitution.

Do you not wonder why no REPUBLICAN has challenged the constitutionality of the Stimulus?

Is your entire party ignorant of the wording of the Constitution? Maybe you should educate them.

Not ONE single challenge.

Last edited by Knox Harrington; 10-07-2011 at 10:39 PM..

Old 10-08-2011, 12:26 AM

461 posts, read 782,858 times
Stimulus by the gov means absolutely nothing to real job growth. The US government has never made a dent in job growth ever! Are all the unemployed supposed to work on construction crews? Wtf is stimulius then? All the gov does when creating jobs is to expand the government by creating more useless agencies and construction crews for projects that will expire. What else can they do? Answer: Get out of the way.

Is this the libs view of intelligent job growth in a (supposed) capitalist society? The real fact is Obama's looming healthcare has made most available jobs now be only part-time due to the looming expenditures. The burden is now heavier on the gov to pay for healthcare than it ever was before because businesses found a way to work around it. To get full time work is now a benefit. Great! If he would cut back the restrictions he put on businesses, job growth would explode. But no, 'the man'(your employer) is evil, let's take his money and redistribute it back to the government who doles it out as 'stimulus' to non-existant entities.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:02 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,225,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Ok how much of the 700 billion did these projects cost, and were they already funded before Obama took office, most projects takes 2 to 3 years of planning before construction can began. So most likely these projects were already in the pipeline just the signs were changed to say Stimmlus money used.
Yes this was one of those shovel ready projects which needed the stim. to be able to be compleated. If the stim. wasn't used it would not have been done.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:14 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,225,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrevenge View Post
Stimulus by the gov means absolutely nothing to real job growth. The US government has never made a dent in job growth ever! Are all the unemployed supposed to work on construction crews? Wtf is stimulius then? All the gov does when creating jobs is to expand the government by creating more useless agencies and construction crews for projects that will expire. What else can they do? Answer: Get out of the way.

Is this the libs view of intelligent job growth in a (supposed) capitalist society? The real fact is Obama's looming healthcare has made most available jobs now be only part-time due to the looming expenditures. The burden is now heavier on the gov to pay for healthcare than it ever was before because businesses found a way to work around it. To get full time work is now a benefit. Great! If he would cut back the restrictions he put on businesses, job growth would explode. But no, 'the man'(your employer) is evil, let's take his money and redistribute it back to the government who doles it out as 'stimulus' to non-existant entities.
The myth's of the right at there best. You need to ask how much work is being created by these projects. How many corp. in the area are able to increase its work force. That money moves through the local area and turns over.
The repub. method is to wait till the top 1% decides to mow there lawns or get there cars washed. With the top 1% holding on and keeping money from moving through the economy only thing to do is tax them and move it. The job creators have stopped creating and are holding on balance sheets or buying back stock neither of which helps the overall economy. This is why DEFLATION is the biggest econ. worry

Old 10-09-2011, 08:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,719,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Come to Indiana. About every damn road and bridge is being repaired. My Man Mitch said from Day One he was going to use the money for road projects and he didn't waste one minute putting it to use. It's a pain in the ass right now but it will be nice when everything is done.

Thanks to our Republican Governor, Mitch Daniels, for not turning down the money like some other short-sighted Governors did. He did what was best for his state, not the Republican agenda.
Now he would have been a quality republican candidate for 2012.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:17 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,760,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
The orginial stimilus bill was suppose to build bridges, and provide jobs what happened to the money? Union pensions plans get it?
Not all of it. Solyndra got half a billion..... and we know what happened there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies