Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 06:54 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Christianity isn't exactly democratic either. Who votes for Messiah??
Are you kidding? From what I've heard, he ain't coming back in a good mood...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 07:02 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,524 times
Once again, people showing religion needs to be wiped off the face of the earth. What a strange society we live in.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:04 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
A quick question for those who won't vote for Romney because of his faith--what are you going to do on election day if he wins the nomination? Will you just say home, or will you go shopping for a third party candidate? I'm just curious.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:06 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
A quick question for those who won't vote for Romney because of his faith--what are you going to do on election day if he wins the nomination? Will you just say home, or will you go shopping for a third party candidate. I'm just curious.
What we'll probably see is a situation similar to how Obama got into office. Voting for anyone to boot Obama out, regardless of whether or not they actually agree with him.

So, they'll vote for hte man, if it means that the "liberal" gets voted out of office.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:07 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
A quick question for those who won't vote for Romney because of his faith--what are you going to do on election day if he wins the nomination? Will you just say home, or will you go shopping for a third party candidate? I'm just curious.
They'd vote for him and claim it was "gods will"..That's their all encompassing apology for the nonsense that is their cult.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:17 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
I don't know...I think most R's will just go ahead and vote for whoever the nominee is, but I also think there are some (not a majority by any means, but a significant chunk) in the far right end of the R base who won't take that step--for them it's all about faith and idealogy vs. holding their nose to elect any old R. I'm just curious what they have to say about how they'll handle it. At least for the time being, the "powers that be" in the R party are putting their money behind Romney. Unless things change dramatically, he's going to be the nominee.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:28 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
(CNN) – A pastor of a mega church in Dallas said Friday that Republicans shouldn't vote for White House hopeful Mitt Romney because he's a Mormon and described the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a "cult."
"I think Mitt Romney's a good, moral man, but those of us who are born again followers of Christ should prefer a competent Christian," said Robert Jeffress, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Dallas, which has a congregation of about 10,000.

BREAKING: Pastor to GOP: Don’t vote for Romney because he’s Mormon – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I agree with Jeffress on one thing. Mormonism is a cult but so is every denomination of xtianity. Seriously, when you spend your Sundays prentending to eat the body and drink the blood of a zombie that levatated into the sky, you can't pretend that you're any less cultish than protective underpants wearing, gods of their own planets when they die mormons. It's all nonsense.
A church should never, EVER make statements like that. It is not the job of a church to sway the political opinon of the congregation.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:42 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
People, don't make much of this, for it was Perry's last gasp.

Think about it.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
(CNN) – A pastor of a mega church in Dallas said Friday that Republicans shouldn't vote for White House hopeful Mitt Romney because he's a Mormon and described the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a "cult."
"I think Mitt Romney's a good, moral man, but those of us who are born again followers of Christ should prefer a competent Christian," said Robert Jeffress, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Dallas, which has a congregation of about 10,000.

BREAKING: Pastor to GOP: Don’t vote for Romney because he’s Mormon – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I agree with Jeffress on one thing. Mormonism is a cult but so is every denomination of xtianity. Seriously, when you spend your Sundays prentending to eat the body and drink the blood of a zombie that levatated into the sky, you can't pretend that you're any less cultish than protective underpants wearing, gods of their own planets when they die mormons. It's all nonsense.
Are you saying that it is the fact that the man is a Christian that forces you to vote for Obama? If so it seems to me like you are saying that he, is in fact, a Muslim, or you couldn't vote for him. Is that what bought your vote in 2008?

Old 10-07-2011, 07:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
This is so annoying!

I personally know several conservative Christians many of whom would not vote for Romney for that very reason, even though they agree with him on most issues. I frankly think it's nothing more than bigotry, but hey, that's just me.

And where the heck do we get this idea that only evangelical Christians can make good presidents? George W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, anyone???
Are you saying, like yo, that you would have to vote for Obama because all those Republican candidates are Christians? I guess Obama sure must be a Muslim, if so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies