Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 08:57 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why should they be taking about it? Free media report news that sell. I knew the crime rate has been going down, but why you expect the media to keep reporting it is beyond me. Statistics like that make the news once a year. Who wants to hear the same stats every day? Not me.
Again, it's good for the president...should be enough, but you don't think so? Even a 2 minute clip....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 09:08 AM

1,332 posts, read 995,332 times
the media has an agenda...it is the same agenda as the liberal left. if they report a reduction in crime after gun laws and restrictions are eased...then that flies in the face of the crap that they continually spew about gun control in relation to crime.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Again, it's good for the president...should be enough, but you don't think so? Even a 2 minute clip....
Two minutes every day, or every hour? Like I said I knew about it from the media, but I dont expect them to keep repeating it. How often does fox report it? Every hour? To link the drop in crime rates to gun laws is pure speculation. For example here in Florida, the gun laws have not changed, yet rates are down.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:14 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
There is another factor, a very common one with any topic: The media need headlines. Like with planes. They don't report on perfect flights, as they are what everyone expects anyway, they only report on accidents, hijackings, etc.
When crime decreases that is the way it should be, the normal development as except for criminals nobody likes crime.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:37 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Two minutes every day, or every hour? Like I said I knew about it from the media, but I dont expect them to keep repeating it. How often does fox report it? Every hour? To link the drop in crime rates to gun laws is pure speculation. For example here in Florida, the gun laws have not changed, yet rates are down.
huh...well, I don't like obama polices, but anything that would make him look a little better, if I were a news source....I would at least mention it..

Nobody said anything about every hour every half hour or even daily....so not sure why you keep pushing that?

Oh, and BTW Florida guns laws have changed....

2011 Bill Summary - The Florida Senate

Old 10-09-2011, 09:42 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,960,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Of course crime will go down. Criminals think twice when their potential victims might be armed.
That's a no brainer to anyone with a decent IQ. I guess the government doesn't count though..they think..no guns, no crime.

The criminals don't care about gun laws; they'll get their weapons regardless.
You are exactly right.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:46 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Obama and the Obamots must surely be devastated by this revelation! How can this possibly be?

Media Silence Is Deafening About Important Gun News | Fox News

Old 10-09-2011, 09:47 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,960,165 times
It always amazes me how liberals can take facts and completely twist them around to fit their agenda. That is the one thing that they are very good at, but it ends there unfortunately.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:47 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Crime plummeting on obamas watch actually reflects positively on him. Pretty much all crime is down, not just violent crime. There has been a lot of relaxing of gun laws during his term, many times fully supported by him like the right to carry in national parks

Nice try but Bush enacted the lifting of the national park ban. Barry signed it without comment as part of a credit card reform package. He got what he wanted so he was willing to ignore the gun piece of it. Can you cite "a lot" of gun law reduction by Obama?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:55 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Because other news networks wouldn't run something so completely distorted as fox, not to mention other with different political views besides the far right don't want to hear twisted facts.. You can do a fox news type spin and say "Crime has been going down considerably since Obama came into office!" "See, Obama made the crime rate go down!" which is technically true, but not directly because of him. Hell you could spin it into saying "The murder rate has been going down since the packers won the super bowl!" If everyone was a packers fan, then the crime would go down even lower!

The main point of the article is foolish progressive moonbat liberals claiming that crime would increase because of relaxed gun laws. Also, the crime rates in the areas in question fell at a rate faster than the national average. What part of that is distorted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies