Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 07:05 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

We get Iran and the repub guard plotting to blow up some ambassadors on our soil. To respond Obama reaches for his sanction pen. Jibbyjabber is just laughing at this fool. Then we have everybody on the left shocked, shocked I tell you that Iran would do this. They've only been arming the insurgency since we jumped the line in Iraq. The blind following the blind is all we have with democrats in charge of foreign policy.

Oh and for those of you who don't know Repub Guard is running around Venezuela and Central America too. They're just being nice though I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 07:09 AM

Now we also have the admin calling up terrorists families and apologizing for killing them.

An official from the U.S. State Department has called the Charlotte family of al-Qaida propagandist Samir Khan to offer the government's condolences on his death in a U.S. drone attack last week in Yemen, according to a family spokesman.

Read more: U.S. State Dept. contacts Khan family | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/10/07/2673163/us-state-dept-contacts-khan-family.html#ixzz1aZYxvdLx - broken link)

Old 10-12-2011, 07:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Terrorists are an annoyance and nothing more. Ignore them except for finding the actual perpetrators and trying them for murder according to international law.

I expect the Persians will be foolish enough to try and reinstate their old empire. I think we should stay out of it and let them waste their money just as we have done with our failing efforts at empire. Besides a Shia/Sunni knockdown drag out war for a century or so would pretty much eliminate Islam as a threat to the West.

PS: that was not an apology but just rubbing in the fact that we can kill anyone anywhere. Talk about terrorism. We can and we are terrorizing the world. Some think that is good. I think it is criminal.

I am also amused by the bellicosity of people that have probably never carried a gun for real.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:15 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
We get Iran and the repub guard plotting to blow up some ambassadors on our soil. To respond Obama reaches for his sanction pen. Jibbyjabber is just laughing at this fool. Then we have everybody on the left shocked, shocked I tell you that Iran would do this. They've only been arming the insurgency since we jumped the line in Iraq. The blind following the blind is all we have with democrats in charge of foreign policy.

Oh and for those of you who don't know Repub Guard is running around Venezuela and Central America too. They're just being nice though I'm sure.
Oh, you just want Obama to start a war with Iran so you can criticize him yet again for starting another war.

I for one am NOT shocked about Iran's behavior. I don't know how you can make a blanket statement like that. It is inherently untrue.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:15 AM

Yep that strategy worked out real good ten years ago.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Oh, you just want Obama to start a war with Iran so you can criticize him yet again for starting another war.

I for one am NOT shocked about Iran's behavior. I don't know how you can make a blanket statement like that. It is inherently untrue.
I said NOTHING about war with Iran.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:17 AM

Also, 'playing nice'?

Didn't the administration just kill two terrorist leaders?

You consider that playing nice?

Better get a more in-depth talking point..this one is blatently untrue!

Old 10-12-2011, 07:22 AM

Obviously you haven't been paying attention.

Yes playing nice.............

"US President Barack Obama has offered "a new beginning" of engagement with Tehran in an unprecedented direct video message to the Iranian people.
"My administration is now committed to diplomacy that addresses the full range of issues before us," Mr Obama said."

BBC NEWS | Americas | Obama offers Iran 'new beginning'

Old 10-12-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Obviously you haven't been paying attention.

Yes playing nice.............

"US President Barack Obama has offered "a new beginning" of engagement with Tehran in an unprecedented direct video message to the Iranian people.
"My administration is now committed to diplomacy that addresses the full range of issues before us," Mr Obama said."

BBC NEWS | Americas | Obama offers Iran 'new beginning'
Yes, that's a good strategy; one of many.

The Iranian people don't necessarily agree with the current government and it's policies, so reaching out to them specifically is a good idea.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:12 AM

It doesn't matter what the people think if their government practices terrorist activities now does it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies