Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 02:25 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,526,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
DRUDGE REPORT: BUCHANAN BOOK WARNS OF END

Will Pat Buchanan be called a racist for making this statement? And does it matter if white America dies off? I think the answers are yes, and yes.
Really, it matters that white america dies off? I thought America was a country of immigrants. Your comment is pretty straight forward in implying that whites matter more to the US than your brownish individual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 03:13 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,983,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post

We should of had more babies... Oh well... Se la vi, as they say.

I am not afraid of a browner world. Nature is constant change and only the adaptable survive. Pass me a cerveza and some more enchiladas.
Well actually they say c'est la vie.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:54 AM

108 posts, read 198,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
I guess because white people (for the most part) didn't jump on the "let me have a bunch of kids for the social programs and tax credits" like our black and hispanic friends quickly did.
that is such a freaking old stereotype, and it's GARBAGE.

If you were a poverty stricken woman, and could get a whole EIGHTY FREAKIN DOLLARS A MONTH for having another kid, would you? Of course not, the price of diapers alone would wipe that paltry amount out...and that's not even including food, clothes, etc. Even if medical is through the govt, and the food stamp amount is raised a bit, you LOSE MONEY by having another kid because you have to spend more than you get. And a woman doesn't get higher on a list for public housing by having kid after kid..it's a waiting list and one kid or nine, she only gets it when there's an availability. Now the only stereotype that has the slightest bit to do with reality is the length of time poor women live in public housing or get section 8, and that is because even if a woman gets off welfare,and the VAST majority are divorced women with two kids on it for less than two year, the welfare queen may exist, but she is far more populous in anecdote and stereotype than reality, but even if/when she gets of the cash aid called TANF now or commonly just called 'welfare', most jobs that someone who didn't have enough skills to get a good paying job and had to be on welfare to begin with aren't going to pay that well, and so even when the cash aid is gone, she most of the time will qualify for housing assistance...so yes, many people are on that for years at a time, but that doesn't mean they don't work...hell, with many jobs, there is still a need for assistance with subsidized childcare, because otherwise, it would be a losing proposition to get a job. So some benefits still remain out of necessity for the working poor woman with kids, but she isn't living in the lap of luxury by a long stretch and any job that doesn't pay well is going to be a labor intensive one in most cases.

The average amount nationwide for a mother already on welfare who has another child is EIGHTY DOLLARS. And most women on welfare are just not that stupid. Whatever the reasons for having another baby, cash isn't one of them. If a woman is greedy and wants to get 'easy money' then there are a lot of other options out there, from being a surrogate parent to giving the baby up for adoption..(couples unable to concieve do pay a lot for babies, "even" minority babies), to even selling the eggs, and yes, selling her body on the street.

All will give A LOT more money than having another baby. If a woman is greedy, but just to "get the bennnies" is not why a poor woman has another child, that is just ridiculous. Now there are many other issues of course, but it isn't the cold calculating decision to get more moulah it's been portrayed to be. Just look it up for yourself, the stats are on the internet and not hard to find if you are looking for fact and not stereotype,and if you want me to do the legwork and just post the results here I can do that too, just let me know and will be more than willing to do so.

It is time to let go of the stereotypes that there are black and latino women out there popping out baby after baby just to sit back and eat bonbons and live high off the hog on the govt, it may have happened, but it's not the common thing so many prejudiced people just will hear anecdotes about and assume that it's that way all the time for all black women on welfare. I am sure that there are those who abuse the system, but again, going by facts instead of stereotypes, a person is more likely to cheat on their income tax returns than on a welfare form if they have to fill one out, so should we lambast the middle class as a bunch of tax cheats based on it, of course not, and by the same token, it's time to lay the tired old myth of the welfare queen with nine kids and a caddy to rest.

And tax credits? Again people don't have babies FOR the credit, they use the credit, but I doubt anyone is sitting down going "well, we will be five hundred dollars behind forever if we have another kid right now but it's okay we get a tax credit so lets have baby number six..

Poor women have babies for just as many reasons as middle class and rich women. period. It's an insidious stereotype that many people hold to make themselves feel better by putting another person down, even an imaginary person who only exists to fulfill a stereotype.

Now I am sure that somewhere, sometime, there are stupid women that just let **** happen and stay stuck in the same rut of govt aid forever, but she isn't the majority, or even a commonality,for that matter. Again, the vast majority of women who get cash aid get it for less than two years, and in many places that cash aid comes with some kind of training or work requirement tied to it.

So now that we have laid that nonsense to rest, what is so bad about us being a shade or two darker in a generation or two? I don't know if you noticed, but interracial relationships are more common than they were in the past, especially since it's no longer a lynching offenses for a black man to date or see a woman ligther than him. So it's not like 'THEY' are "taking over", it's just that they are becoming we and we they, and frankly, I don't see a damn thing wrong with that.

We all end up as dust in the end, so what is some skin tone matter anyway???

And the reason I know all this is because I do research on stuff when I want to know something instead of going...."well I once saw a black woman with five kids getting steak on food stamps so she is a lazy ***** living high off the hog".. ..first of all, she might not even have all those kids hers, I know I have gone to the store in the past at times with others peoples kids along with mine for whatever reason..and second of all, how do you know it's not her damn birthday and she's getting the steak as a treat or something??? Why is everybody so willing to assume the absolute worst in every situation all the time???

I'm just saying that it's time to go on facts not fiction, to go by an individual not a stereotype, and if you still think that it's really easy to live off the money given poor women (and some men) with children then find out what the actual amounts are and try it for a while..and remember, even if you don't think women should get anything, what about the kids. I know people shouldn't have kids if they can't afford it, but damn most people I know, middle class, poor, etc, with some exceptions, and there are some, DON'T PLAN CHILDREN...that's what planned parenthood helps prevent, but you know there are those that they don't want to give women in need contraceptives or abortions, so those kids are going to be there..and nothing works 100% of the time..my son was a blessing but also a 'condom baby' but 19 yrs later I am so grateful for the "surprise" he was.

should they be penalized just for being born to a poor woman? In this country, one of the best and richest in the world??? A kids gotta eat, needs a roof over there head, and the thing is about kids, they grow, always needing clothes and other stuff that just piles up,and after having raised two I do have a little personal experience that kids are money magnets and it takes at least a minimal amount to take care of and raise. Should we just open up a ton or orphanages and put children that are born of poor people in them??? That way we wouldn't be 'rewarding' the mother? That alternative would be the cruelest possible one for kids..

I am sorry this isn't just or even specifically directed at you, but at all the people who believe the myth of the welfare queen. I would hate to be a woman on welfare, always worrying when the money would run out and what I couldn't afford to get for my kids...that is a miserable life, and I am not jealous of anybody that has it..even the ones that may LOOK like they 'have it so good' you have no idea what their lives are like when they are living the rest of them, intead of just a tiny part of it you may see and make assumptions on just based on that.

Now, if you personally know seven women who have forty two kids by eighteen different daddies and who trades her food stamps for crack and is driving the proverbial caddy, please let me know..I would love to meet them and be proven wrong,and again, the stereotype started somwhere so it is true somewhere, but NOT IN THE VAST NUMBERS PEOPLE SEEM TO THINK!

now let go of the prejudice, k? As the song goes, free your mind, and the rest will follow..be color blind..don't be so shallow..

Old 10-15-2011, 05:22 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,486,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
I guess because white people (for the most part) didn't jump on the "let me have a bunch of kids for the social programs and tax credits" like our black and hispanic friends quickly did.
Wow, racist, stupid and uninformed. Three in one. I'm impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessme2 View Post
that is such a freaking old stereotype, and it's GARBAGE.

If you were a poverty stricken woman, and could get a whole EIGHTY FREAKIN DOLLARS A MONTH for having another kid, would you? Of course not, the price of diapers alone would wipe that paltry amount out...and that's not even including food, clothes, etc. Even if medical is through the govt, and the food stamp amount is raised a bit, you LOSE MONEY by having another kid because you have to spend more than you get. And a woman doesn't get higher on a list for public housing by having kid after kid..it's a waiting list and one kid or nine, she only gets it when there's an availability. Now the only stereotype that has the slightest bit to do with reality is the length of time poor women live in public housing or get section 8, and that is because even if a woman gets off welfare,and the VAST majority are divorced women with two kids on it for less than two year, the welfare queen may exist, but she is far more populous in anecdote and stereotype than reality, but even if/when she gets of the cash aid called TANF now or commonly just called 'welfare', most jobs that someone who didn't have enough skills to get a good paying job and had to be on welfare to begin with aren't going to pay that well, and so even when the cash aid is gone, she most of the time will qualify for housing assistance...so yes, many people are on that for years at a time, but that doesn't mean they don't work...hell, with many jobs, there is still a need for assistance with subsidized childcare, because otherwise, it would be a losing proposition to get a job. So some benefits still remain out of necessity for the working poor woman with kids, but she isn't living in the lap of luxury by a long stretch and any job that doesn't pay well is going to be a labor intensive one in most cases.

The average amount nationwide for a mother already on welfare who has another child is EIGHTY DOLLARS. And most women on welfare are just not that stupid. Whatever the reasons for having another baby, cash isn't one of them. If a woman is greedy and wants to get 'easy money' then there are a lot of other options out there, from being a surrogate parent to giving the baby up for adoption..(couples unable to concieve do pay a lot for babies, "even" minority babies), to even selling the eggs, and yes, selling her body on the street.

All will give A LOT more money than having another baby. If a woman is greedy, but just to "get the bennnies" is not why a poor woman has another child, that is just ridiculous. Now there are many other issues of course, but it isn't the cold calculating decision to get more moulah it's been portrayed to be. Just look it up for yourself, the stats are on the internet and not hard to find if you are looking for fact and not stereotype,and if you want me to do the legwork and just post the results here I can do that too, just let me know and will be more than willing to do so.

It is time to let go of the stereotypes that there are black and latino women out there popping out baby after baby just to sit back and eat bonbons and live high off the hog on the govt, it may have happened, but it's not the common thing so many prejudiced people just will hear anecdotes about and assume that it's that way all the time for all black women on welfare. I am sure that there are those who abuse the system, but again, going by facts instead of stereotypes, a person is more likely to cheat on their income tax returns than on a welfare form if they have to fill one out, so should we lambast the middle class as a bunch of tax cheats based on it, of course not, and by the same token, it's time to lay the tired old myth of the welfare queen with nine kids and a caddy to rest.

And tax credits? Again people don't have babies FOR the credit, they use the credit, but I doubt anyone is sitting down going "well, we will be five hundred dollars behind forever if we have another kid right now but it's okay we get a tax credit so lets have baby number six..

Poor women have babies for just as many reasons as middle class and rich women. period. It's an insidious stereotype that many people hold to make themselves feel better by putting another person down, even an imaginary person who only exists to fulfill a stereotype.

Now I am sure that somewhere, sometime, there are stupid women that just let **** happen and stay stuck in the same rut of govt aid forever, but she isn't the majority, or even a commonality,for that matter. Again, the vast majority of women who get cash aid get it for less than two years, and in many places that cash aid comes with some kind of training or work requirement tied to it.

So now that we have laid that nonsense to rest, what is so bad about us being a shade or two darker in a generation or two? I don't know if you noticed, but interracial relationships are more common than they were in the past, especially since it's no longer a lynching offenses for a black man to date or see a woman ligther than him. So it's not like 'THEY' are "taking over", it's just that they are becoming we and we they, and frankly, I don't see a damn thing wrong with that.

We all end up as dust in the end, so what is some skin tone matter anyway???

And the reason I know all this is because I do research on stuff when I want to know something instead of going...."well I once saw a black woman with five kids getting steak on food stamps so she is a lazy ***** living high off the hog".. ..first of all, she might not even have all those kids hers, I know I have gone to the store in the past at times with others peoples kids along with mine for whatever reason..and second of all, how do you know it's not her damn birthday and she's getting the steak as a treat or something??? Why is everybody so willing to assume the absolute worst in every situation all the time???

I'm just saying that it's time to go on facts not fiction, to go by an individual not a stereotype, and if you still think that it's really easy to live off the money given poor women (and some men) with children then find out what the actual amounts are and try it for a while..and remember, even if you don't think women should get anything, what about the kids. I know people shouldn't have kids if they can't afford it, but damn most people I know, middle class, poor, etc, with some exceptions, and there are some, DON'T PLAN CHILDREN...that's what planned parenthood helps prevent, but you know there are those that they don't want to give women in need contraceptives or abortions, so those kids are going to be there..and nothing works 100% of the time..my son was a blessing but also a 'condom baby' but 19 yrs later I am so grateful for the "surprise" he was.

should they be penalized just for being born to a poor woman? In this country, one of the best and richest in the world??? A kids gotta eat, needs a roof over there head, and the thing is about kids, they grow, always needing clothes and other stuff that just piles up,and after having raised two I do have a little personal experience that kids are money magnets and it takes at least a minimal amount to take care of and raise. Should we just open up a ton or orphanages and put children that are born of poor people in them??? That way we wouldn't be 'rewarding' the mother? That alternative would be the cruelest possible one for kids..

I am sorry this isn't just or even specifically directed at you, but at all the people who believe the myth of the welfare queen. I would hate to be a woman on welfare, always worrying when the money would run out and what I couldn't afford to get for my kids...that is a miserable life, and I am not jealous of anybody that has it..even the ones that may LOOK like they 'have it so good' you have no idea what their lives are like when they are living the rest of them, intead of just a tiny part of it you may see and make assumptions on just based on that.

Now, if you personally know seven women who have forty two kids by eighteen different daddies and who trades her food stamps for crack and is driving the proverbial caddy, please let me know..I would love to meet them and be proven wrong,and again, the stereotype started somwhere so it is true somewhere, but NOT IN THE VAST NUMBERS PEOPLE SEEM TO THINK!

now let go of the prejudice, k? As the song goes, free your mind, and the rest will follow..be color blind..don't be so shallow..
People say stuff like that so they can feel superior to others. They don't want to think of the sob stories. It's too hard. No, they have to be lazy welfare queens. That way they can go home and thank God that they aren't like those people on the other side of town. It also makes them feel better about not helping those in need.

I can speak from personal experience on this. Raised upper middle class, I always--automatically--thought the poor were lazy minority baby machines too, and used that as an excuse to look down on poor people and to not give them any help. Then, one day about three years ago I realized what a d*** I was for having that attitude, and did a 180. I tend to be much more sympathetic to the poor now. Maybe a little more than I should be attimes, but I'd rather answer for being too sympathetic than not at all.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:40 AM

108 posts, read 198,983 times
Thank you. It is always harder to look at things from a more sympathetic and less judging view..I know I have to work at it myself and even then I sometimes catch myself thinking I know someone based on what little I know.

And can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with rating a post positively, because I go to click on it and never can figure out how to actually send a comment with it and end up doing what they call 'quick rep' I guess. Thanks, appreciate it.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:46 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,431,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
And if Whites disappear... this country will turn into another successful Black or Hispanic country? Oh wait... we will probably become another South Africa once apartheid ended.... filled with crime and poverty.
I'm Black and I agree the portion in bold. I don't see anything to celebrate in the changing demographics in this country for the reason cited. Nothing at all.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
Really, it matters that white america dies off? I thought America was a country of immigrants. Your comment is pretty straight forward in implying that whites matter more to the US than your brownish individual.

That's silly, Leftist mantra inspired thinking. In the real world it matters and it will become more clear why it matters as time progresses.

Yes we were a nation of immigrants but we were clever as to how many came in and from where. We also had a timeout period where we were able to assimilate these immigrants. This timeout period was the lowest period of immigration in our history which coincidentally enough coincided with the greatest economic expansion this country and maybe the world has ever seen.

What's going on now is a free for all for folks to come here from the most backwards, intellectually deprived places on Earth and folks like you actually think this will have no impact on America. Ok.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
What is raciest about the statement?

Census: Whites make up minority of babies in U.S. - USATODAY.com

I took principles of marketing and advertising class in a community college back in 2003 and the text book said, census projections are that the Hispanics would make up the majority of the U.S. population in the U.S. in 2011.

Which I thought okay great...does that mean that the whites would then get their welfare benefits? Call me quizzical but, it just seems like a logical question to me.
Actually this is a good question and you touched on why the country's living standards will decrease as these changes occur. The producers and current controllers of wealth, disproportionately white, will recede into a shell if you will. They will see no incentive to produce since their efforts will now be siphoned off to folks who neither look like them or share their values. This is why socialism tends to fail in diverse societies.

Since the new majority is for whatever reason unable to make up the slack for the lost production, creativity and ingenuity that made America great the whole country will slowly recede into some kind of Latin American development malaise.

But the liberals want to celebrate diversity so it's all good.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:47 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,264,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
DRUDGE REPORT: BUCHANAN BOOK WARNS OF END

Will Pat Buchanan be called a racist for making this statement? And does it matter if white America dies off? I think the answers are yes, and yes.
This guy is a quack. Always has been. Obviously he has not been to any small New England town. Where I grew up there 20 years ago, my town was about 99% white. Now, it's down to 97%, just like most of the towns up there. Endangered?

Old 10-15-2011, 08:22 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,234,328 times
Pat Buchanan is an angry frightened old man. He's been going on this "end of white culture" trip a long time.

And white people are not a "species" in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies