Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 01:48 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,048,464 times

Advertisements

It is more a desecration of the Flag to arbitrarily change the number of stripes on it, as people here seem to be OK with, than it is to walk on something that is red, white & blue, has a box with stars on the lower left and has somewhat of a resemblance to an American Flag.

This could easily be either a plant, a person merely walking where someone left this piece of cloth, or a really bad Photoshop job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 01:51 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,990,176 times
Where is he? For 100.000 I'l go spit on him...... he's a democrate after all.... What harm can it do?

Old 10-15-2011, 01:58 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,502,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OMG! How many times will Neocon pufferfish blow themselves up Harrumphing and Spouting because some evil , VIIIILLLLE, "anarchist" insulted their precious, holy, worshipped piece of fabric???

How ridiculous...will they never grow up and get over it...it is a PIECE OF CLOTH!

It represents (AND ONLY REPRESENTS) the US where people are FREE to express themselves.....

If you want to worship it, build a damn church , put it on the altar , and charge admission like any other church!!!!!
Tell that to the millions of people that died to evolve that flag into what it is today. Don't say it too loud though because you're standing on their freaking shoulders.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 10-15-2011 at 02:11 PM..

Old 10-15-2011, 02:02 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,312,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
It is more a desecration of the Flag to arbitrarily change the number of stripes on it, as people here seem to be OK with, than it is to walk on something that is red, white & blue, has a box with stars on the lower left and has somewhat of a resemblance to an American Flag.

This could easily be either a plant, a person merely walking where someone left this piece of cloth, or a really bad Photoshop job.
I miscounted those stripes earlier and you got me to count again. I apologize to all that managed to read my post about the proper number of stripes.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,312,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Tell that to the millions of people that dies to evolve that flag into what it is today. Don't say it too loud though because you're standing on their freaking shoulders.
I don't think most of these lefties have any idea what you just said, but then they don't want to see it. I had to rep your post.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:08 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,274,207 times
The flag stopped being special when we made it a fashion statement and put it on tee shirts, underwear, bandanas, pins, etc. Those things get used and tossed every day, made rags or, thrown away. Sorry, you can't claim one piece of cloth has power while another doesn't. It is a shame but it's also the truth.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:28 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,216,958 times
I didn't bother to read all the posts. Our flag doesn't have a wide stripe in the middle, or a white stripe at the bottom.

It looks like he's walking on a BEACH TOWEL with an (inaccurate) flag pattern printed on it. It was designed to lay on, dry your body and hair with, etc. I think we actually bought one sometime after 911, when flags were plastered all over every available surface of just about every product as a show of patriotism. One of my kids would have used it at the pool or the lake.

Get a grip people--for heaven's sake.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:39 PM

306 posts, read 355,612 times
Default Srsly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Besides the strangely contradictory statement by you about being mindless and then saying it only has one purpose in your belief, the flag is also draped over caskets.
American Flag Protocol - Display | USA Flag Site
OK. I'll give you the draping on a coffin thing ... Even though it's like saying "Hey, we're sorry your <insert relationship here> died in a pointless war for no real reason but here's a nice flag!"

The mindlessless I referred to is that of the TeaBagging "Patriots" (LOL) who sport a flag on their lapel (if they own a jacket), their truck, their trailer, their colostomy bag, their snuff cup, their baseball cap, etc .....

Mindless patriotism = Fascism.

Got it?

Old 10-15-2011, 03:24 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,990,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
OK. I'll give you the draping on a coffin thing ... Even though it's like saying "Hey, we're sorry your <insert relationship here> died in a pointless war for no real reason but here's a nice flag!"

The mindlessless I referred to is that of the TeaBagging "Patriots" (LOL) who sport a flag on their lapel (if they own a jacket), their truck, their trailer, their colostomy bag, their snuff cup, their baseball cap, etc .....

Mindless patriotism = Fascism.

Got it?
Seems to me you're mixed up as to what is a flag, what is a pin, and what is a patch.

My bike riding jacket has a patch of the American flag, but it is no flag, just the same no has walked on it or tried to burn it yet.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:25 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,978,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh yes, please obama and the dems/Left, DO hitch your wagon to these people.

http://thegatewaypundit.com/wp-conte...8692757555.jpg

A member of the Occupy Wall St movement walks over a U.S. flag on that lies on the ground in Zuccotti Park near the financial district of New York | View photo - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/photos/member-occupy-wall-st-movement-walks-over-u-photo-210130472.html - broken link)
It would appear the flag was already desecrated before these disrespectful statists began walking upon it. Notice had it only has 12 stripes, the red bottom stripe has been removed, and double wide strip instead immediately under the blue field.

Progressives are a pestilance upon this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies