Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 04:43 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,222,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
One last bash into the NAACP for 'ole times sake before I leave the office (hehe..). So, personally, I think the NAACP is a joke for another reason. I feel that in this millenia, there is no more need for the NAACP. Call me a racist and bigot all you want, but everybody in America can attend public school.. they can get a high school diploma. The FAFSA allows that ANYBODY can get financed for college.

Why is the NAACP still around? If black people presume that they're going to be discriminated against because of their color, then there's going to continue to be tension. There's plenty of examples of black kids who grew up in the ghetto and are doctors, lawyers, teachers, cops, and other successful businessmen.

And above all. This is a career choice available TO EACH AND EVERY INDIVIDUAL IN THE UNITED STATES. Navy, Marines, Air Force, Army. I don't care if you don't like it, but it's true. The opportunity is there. They train you in a job, give you the ability to get a college education at no expense and you can stay as long as you want. Work on base? Free barracks. Work on a ship? The berthing it is.

Love to say it. NAACP is outdated.

Wow can I live where you exist mentally??? I bet its sunny everyday with blue skies and tropical palm tree's everywhere. Ummmm the NAACP contrary to your limited view of them, doesn't spread hate, but speaks up and takes on local issues that effect the AA community. They steward kids to college and scholarship programs, volunteer work, political issues, and dispersion of information from health care to investing. They also took on corporate america so that AA's could participate in the economy and actually build long term wealth and get relevant job skills, experience, and opportunity. Its no different than AARP or any other national organization catering to seniors/retirees. You got beef with them too?????
Your hidden disdain for the NAACP is kind of laughable. What did they do to you for all this forum board resentment??? Kill a puppy or two???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 04:56 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
Default No Need for the NAACP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
One last bash into the NAACP for 'ole times sake before I leave the office (hehe..). So, personally, I think the NAACP is a joke for another reason. I feel that in this millenia, there is no more need for the NAACP. Call me a racist and bigot all you want, but everybody in America can attend public school.. they can get a high school diploma. The FAFSA allows that ANYBODY can get financed for college.

Why is the NAACP still around? If black people presume that they're going to be discriminated against because of their color, then there's going to continue to be tension. There's plenty of examples of black kids who grew up in the ghetto and are doctors, lawyers, teachers, cops, and other successful businessmen.

And above all. This is a career choice available TO EACH AND EVERY INDIVIDUAL IN THE UNITED STATES. Navy, Marines, Air Force, Army. I don't care if you don't like it, but it's true. The opportunity is there. They train you in a job, give you the ability to get a college education at no expense and you can stay as long as you want. Work on base? Free barracks. Work on a ship? The berthing it is.

Love to say it. NAACP is outdated.

Is the EEOC still in business? Even though that groups protects everyone, please don't think that discrimination against black folks is a thing of the past. Just last year there was an independent study which showed that names ion resumes identified as "black" generated fewer callbacks then white ones. Perhaps the NAACP needs to refine its efforts and its stresses (perhaps to reduce some negative behavior among black folks) but there certainly still is a need left for the NAACP as long as Danny Glover can't hail a cab.

I'm not even going to get into the question of since black folks have taken body shots for almost 300 years in America, now we should just say everything is ok? That's a different discussion.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:26 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Great, lets lock up the deer hunters....Seriously whats the difference, because of the rules???? Deer's don't have souls but dogs do???? Since you seem to be so enlightened and I'm not explain to me outside of "Laws" why Deer death is okay but puppy drowing is sick and twisted....
Your reasoning is bizarre. I'm curious, what do you do for a living?

Old 08-23-2007, 06:37 PM

64 posts, read 204,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallStreetWarrior View Post
See that's the thing I don't get. R.L White, now supposedly wasn't speaking for the NAACP, but for his own personal R.L White. So we can't say the NAACP is a "bad" organization because they support Vick. However, when George Bush says something dumb, everyone goes crazy with this country's stupid, the president's a moron, congress sucks, YAY Hilary Clinton, etc. Maybe for one moment he was in R.L Whites shoes and instead of speaking as President Bush, he was just speaking as George.

Great post

Old 08-23-2007, 07:48 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Great, lets lock up the deer hunters....Seriously whats the difference, because of the rules???? Deer's don't have souls but dogs do???? Since you seem to be so enlightened and I'm not explain to me outside of "Laws" why Deer death is okay but puppy drowing is sick and twisted....
I would think that properly controlled population of deer so they don't starve because of lack of vegetation, or disease and we give them a pretty quick and often painless death beeing compared to drowning puppies is a pretty far stretch. Plus, the animal shelter controls the population of dogs and cats, every day by putting them to sleep.

Sorry, got off thread a bit.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:21 PM

420 posts, read 2,199,639 times
Agreed. A deer hunter usually uses a high powered rifle or bow. Although I think I did see Michael Vick chasing a white tail through the woods with a car battery and cables once...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies