Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 05:40 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,230 times

Advertisements

I am certain there are still some former Stasi agents in the former East Germany. They know all about putting up an impenetrable barrier wall.

I do like the idea of land mines, too. Put up a few machine gun turrets, and we are all set.

I think I remember watching Mad Max in the 80's - weren't they using giant flame throwers? Doing so would also ensure that our giant energy corporations make more money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 05:41 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,974,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
bad analogy.
Invading and killing people in their own country is more comparable to what too many illegals are doing to US citizens.
So which is worse ? Illegals killing BR agents, and US citizens on our own soil or the occasional illegal discovering he has a bad heart dieing while trying to climb an electric fence? In other words is it more morally wrong that the criminal who dies while breaking the law the victim of his own actions or the is it worse that innocent citizens die at the hands of criminals?
In my mind criminals made the choice they took their chances.
I guess you haven't read up much on the contribution the illegals make to the U.S. economy and fat cat industrialists. It's just coming out now that the farmwork the illegals are doing cannot be replaced by American labor (surprise surprise). The American laborers who sign on cannot cut the mustard, they walk off the job before their first day is out. The farmers are left holding the bag, wishing back the illegals who know how to bust their butts and are willing to do so. They know how to do a hard day's labor, and for dirt pay. Let's see how the American economy does without their slave labor, it should be interesting to see. (How do you think the wealth of the American south was built...?)

Old 10-15-2011, 05:43 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
I am certain there are still some former Stasi agents in the former East Germany. They know all about putting up an impenetrable barrier wall.

I do like the idea of land mines, too. Put up a few machine gun turrets, and we are all set.

I think I remember watching Mad Max in the 80's - weren't they using giant flame throwers? Doing so would also ensure that our giant energy corporations make more money.

As Ron Paul so aptly pointed out: that which is used to keep others out can also be used to keep citizens in and control them.

People are setting themselves up for a dictatorship and refuse to see that they are being used in these protests.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:44 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,974,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I suggest instead of drinking the class warfare koolaid that you look at who is doing the real pillaging of this country: Obama with tax cheat Timmy as his accomplice and The FED at the helm of global re-distribution. Remove the relationship of elected representatives from corporations and the corporations lose all power.

Get it yet?
For your enlightenment, I am anti-Fed.

The illegals, like it or not, are the ones changing your hotel bed linens and working your big ag fields with hard work ethic and physical strength that American workers cannot match, despite the miserable pay. Let's see what happens when those jobs get offered to legals. Who will take these slave labor jobs? What will the living wage have to be to attract workers? What will the field conditions have to be to retain workers?

Old 10-15-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Yes, the thousands who converted or deserted to protect themselves....the others being executed...
Sometimes I wonder if the Romans managed to kill every single real Christian that ever lived and all we are left with are the current batch of fake Christians.

Yeah, I know, who am I to define "Christianity" - that's up to every Christian and has nothing to do with Christ's teachings.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:45 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
They kill, enslave, & imprison them.
pretty sure I meant developed countries, i.e., first world countries on par w/ the US

Old 10-15-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
As Ron Paul so aptly pointed out: that which is used to keep others out can also be used to keep citizens in and control them.

People are setting themselves up for a dictatorship and refuse to see that they are being used in these protests.
I am shocked! I think this is the first time EVER, that we agree on something! Rejoice!

Old 10-15-2011, 05:49 PM

679 posts, read 661,003 times
Well this sounds like a massive waste of money.

Even more so than Obama has done.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:50 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
For your enlightenment, I am anti-Fed.

The illegals, like it or not, are the ones changing your hotel bed linens and working your big ag fields with hard work ethic and physical strength that American workers cannot match, despite the miserable pay. Let's see what happens when those jobs get offered to legals. Who will take these slave labor jobs? What will the living wage have to be to attract workers? What will the field conditions have to be to retain workers?
Cut off the welfare gravy train and UE benefits out further than what has been earned and Americans will indeed take those jobs. Miserable pay or not an honest day's work for an honest wage is better than the pay to not work system the Obama administration has instituted. Actions have proven that when states seek to enforce immigration laws the illegals leave. Enforce our laws and remove the incentives. Pretty simple really.

One report I saw on the news estimates when the 99+ week group of EU benefits run out next year there will be 6 million people off the taxpayer teat who are unemployed. Sounds like more than plenty to work where illegals who should be returning home are currently.

My point is that you have the wrong target. The head of the snake in the corruption game is our own government and The FED. The corporations can be brought back in line when honest men and women are elected into office instead of the self-serving parasites which largely occupy the White House and halls of Congress now.

Capitalism is not the problem. Unabated corruption in our government and the fascist chrony economic system of pay to play, is.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:56 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
Quote:
Cain's comments prove once again that Ron Paul has the best ideas. Remove the incentives for illegal immigration and drug running by cartels while enforcing the laws.
wow, it's rare when I agree w/ you! Cain's comments do seem to have some unifying force in that people on both side see he's a bit of a kook! (granted, I think some in the GOP are scared that he's gained such prominence so quickly).

instead of going to the vast expense building such a fence would take, instead of trying to take on such a project that ill take years and years to complete, instead of taking the risk of alienating other countries in the world, wouldn't it be far simpler to take away the reasons they come here in the first place?

a simple analogy would be a spouse catering to burglars who rob your house, allowing those burglar to stay in the guest room, and your response, instead of confronting that spouse and telling them to stop, is to spend money and time building a fence and ignoring the burglars already in your home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies