Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 08:13 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,176,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
This BS has gone too far. My daughter's school has to have a private after school party just to dress up for Halloween, for fear that they "might offend someone" I got the letter in the mail, turned it over, and said a few choice paragraphs to the principal, telling him exactly what I thought of him and his useless school. I have yet to get a response.
So you think parties are educational?

You want teachers wasting their time partying?

You want kids at school partying?

What have you got against education?

Why don't YOU host a party at your house and use YOUR time to "teach" party skills??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 08:14 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
This BS has gone too far. My daughter's school has to have a private after school party just to dress up for Halloween, for fear that they "might offend someone" I got the letter in the mail, turned it over, and said a few choice paragraphs to the principal, telling him exactly what I thought of him and his useless school. I have yet to get a response.
Don't you live in Colorado Springs? Down there, I would hazard a guess it's the far-right fundamentalist Christians who object to the Halloween parties.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:16 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,869,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Next thing you know they will want to change the name of Christmas to Winter Holiday and Easter to Spring Break.
Oh! wait a minute. Come to think of it.
Good idea

Old 10-16-2011, 08:19 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,564,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you think parties are educational?

You want teachers wasting their time partying?

You want kids at school partying?

What have you got against education?

Why don't YOU host a party at your house and use YOUR time to "teach" party skills??
But it's fine for teachers to get students out of class to join an anti-war protest (with extra points) or a teachers' union strike? As long as it's for a liberal ideal, it seems to be fine with teachers.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:22 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,594,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
But it's fine for teachers to get students out of class to join an anti-war protest (with extra points) or a teachers' union strike? As long as it's for a liberal ideal, it seems to be fine with teachers.

That is the premise of the leftie party - hypocrisy. If it suits their agenda it is fine, but if not.....Heaven forbid.

Lovely mentality they have.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
This teacher is a sad example of how a predominantly liberal academia spreads ignorance and bigotry to our children via the public school system, as they work to indoctrinate our children with anti-American propaganda such as hating on Columbus, the founding fathers, the US Constitution, banning various books about American history and culture, etc. It's disgraceful, and people wonder why our kids are getting dumber every generation, their academic scores falling lower every year?

Martin Luther King was a philanderer and anti-semite. Therefore we shouldn't celebrate MLK Day because he was imperfect and possibly a jerk, just like every other historical figure in humankind.

I don't see what's wrong with celebrating Thanksgiving Day either. The original colonists got along very well the natives and celebrated their friendship with a thanksgiving. It wasn't until later generations had arrived that the systemic abuses of the natives began. That's no reason to ban Thanksgiving, which is traditionally a celebration of family and friendship and to gives thanks for a bountiful fall harvest.

Is that any diffrent from midwest and southren states attemtping to have the teaching of evolution dropped,or add cute little stickers that say "it is a theory not a fact"?

Old 10-16-2011, 08:25 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post

That is the premise of the leftie party - hypocrisy. If it suits their agenda it is fine, but if not.....Heaven forbid.

Lovely mentality they have.
Lefty? As pointed out, it's the right-wing Christians who want to do away with Halloween.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:26 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,385,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Don't you live in Colorado Springs? Down there, I would hazard a guess it's the far-right fundamentalist Christians who object to the Halloween parties.
No, you're far off base dear. It's the liberal principal who is constantly preaching tolerance for things that don't even exist in the district. I'm so sick of pandering to political correctness for fear that we might offend some obscure race or religion. Why is it that these were unheard of problems when I was a child?

We were always allowed to have Halloween and Christmas parties, and they CALLED them that, and gasp!!! No one was upset or offended!!! Imagine that!

****ing stupid ass PC garbage, I can't take this anymore.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,589,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Lefty? As pointed out, it's the right-wing Christians who want to do away with Halloween.
You have a link to back up that statement ? So far it's you doing that pointing out.

I went to Catholic school and we had halloween parties in school. We dressed at witches, monsters, ghosts, etc. and went to school in costume that day....to a Catholic school.

It used to be a fun day when Halloween fell on a weekday because you could wear your costume to school that day.
Had to leave the masks at home though because school work did go on.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Why did the school board have to intervene? Did the majority of the student body and their parents want the change? Are you just making this up based on things you may have heard?

Sorry but I call BS. Let's see some proof and I'll apologize.

Just google "city bans halloween on sunday" to see how goofy some religous people can go in pushing their agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies