Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 04:11 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,728,178 times

Advertisements

Most of these protesters look like they never take a bath or wash their Hair and that was from the start, now days, weeks into this they look even worse and I'm lucky I don't have smell tv!

I'm wondering how many are there while receiving welfare, unemployment, dissability....?

We know they don't have jobs otherwise they couldn't spend so much time over there or loose their job...so basically they are all bumbs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 04:18 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,287,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm wondering how many are there while receiving welfare, unemployment, dissability....?

We know they don't have jobs otherwise they couldn't spend so much time over there or loose their job...so basically they are all bumbs!
Are they functionally illiterate as well?

Old 10-17-2011, 04:19 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,668 times
Quote:
Most of these protesters look like they never take a bath or wash their Hair and that was from the start, now days, weeks into this they look even worse and I'm lucky I don't have smell tv!

More of the "The OWS protesters are just a bunch of dirty smelly hippies" meme?

Don't worry. You'll be getting new marching orders from FOX News soon. The "dirty hippie" crap isn't fooling anyone

Old 10-17-2011, 04:20 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,107 times
A lot of those kids protesting could buy and sell most of you with just their trust funds. You'd be surprised.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:23 PM

760 posts, read 685,422 times
The folks here in Dallas are very well dressed with tents that rival mine.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:53 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,858,726 times
So.....will the 99% of the OWS people get a cut of the $300,000 donation fund (according to their need)- or will the 1% of the OWS leaders control it all???

Old 10-17-2011, 04:56 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,748,451 times
Quote:

If you sat on the sidewalk for a month, you would look like you needed a bath too.

Welfare? They are unemployed.

UC Benefits? Some might be getting but they would have to qualify for benefits.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:01 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,784 times
I know one who isn't. Remember the guy who had the meltdown on YouTube? Turns out he's Edward T. Hall III, a trust fund kid.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:08 PM

515 posts, read 716,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
So.....will the 99% of the OWS people get a cut of the $300,000 donation fund (according to their need)- or will the 1% of the OWS leaders control it all???
Giggle, giggle! Best question about the 99%ers yet.

Shades of "Animal Farm".

Blake (Orwell) really was a prophet in his own right.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:29 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:

I hope correct spelling won't confuse you but what has their status as far as being employed or on welfare or disabled have to do with the fact that they are all Americans with all the rights of Americans?

You think those who lost their jobs or got hurt should lose their citizenship?

How Anti-American to call your fellow citizens bums (ONE "B") because they lost their jobs.

It would be really stupid if anyone thought the millions of Americans who lost their jobs all did it voluntarilly because they're bums...

BTW, for the perpetually and critically uninformed many protesters have jobs...have you ever heard of taking a day off?

Or would you consider days off work as being lazy since you work 24/7???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies