Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 07:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Weasel Zippers » Blog Archive » Gaza: Female Would-Be Suicide Bomber Freed In Shalit Deal Tells Kids To Blow Themselves Up…

I understand that Israel wanted to bring their boy home but its such a shame they had to agree to let evil, garbage out like this rat Palestinian b@$*#.
I hope she tries it again and a malfunction happens again that actually causes the bomb to go off while she is still in Palestine.
She couldn't be that bad if Israel let her go...

[another day in the Middle East]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 07:27 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
This is another big fraud that these right wing Likudniks in this forum like to pull.

They want you to think Israel is full of these secular, Western loving, Ashkenazi jews who love philosopy, and playing the violin.

Sorry. Those jews left for the most part. They live in the USA and Europe. They are severerly outnumbered.

What's left is these Russian emigres who brought their lawless, dog-eat-dog, culture, plus these low IQ Sephardim, radical settlers, and assorted right wing religious hardliners...This is who runs Israel today.
This post is not only untrue, but it stinks of anti-Jewish prejudice and defamation.

Rather than fall into the trap of trying to refute it, I will clearly state that this is the rant of prejudiced and bigoted person.

You can't argue with Holocaust-Deniers, and this anti-semitic diatribe is worthy of a pitiable Holocaust-Denier.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:30 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
This post is not only untrue, but it stinks of anti-Jewish prejudice and defamation.

Rather than fall into the trap of trying to refute it, I will clearly state that this is the rant of prejudiced and bigoted person.

You can't argue with Holocaust-Deniers, and this anti-semitic diatribe is worthy of a pitiable Holocaust-Denier.
You brought up Holocaust denial twice. I didn't see anything remotely close to being anti semitic or that could be classed as a diatribe, to say nothing of saying denial of the Holocaust.

All hyperbole like that does is make you sound foolish.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Terrorism? Thats what Palestinians have to live with daily, they are herded into shrinking settlements surrounded by barbed wire and guard towers, treated as second class citizens and surrounded by Jewish settlements that was actually once their land.

And Americans don't have a clue as to what they deal with in their "country" while Israeli's live like kings by comparison.

But don't take my word for it, listen to someone who has live there:

A Witness In Palestine: Anna Baltzer, Jewish-American Activist
Nonsense.

I cannot talk about Gaza, because I never lived in Gaza ... but I can speak with authority about living conditions in places in Palestinian Territories such as Nablus, Ramallah, Jericho, etc. I didn't see any barbed wire fences or guard towers (although there were security personnel - both Palestinian and Israeli - on many roads and highways).

odanny, how much time have you spent over there? Huh?

Old 10-19-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You brought up Holocaust denial twice. I didn't see anything remotely close to being anti semitic or that could be classed as a diatribe, to say nothing of saying denial of the Holocaust.

All hyperbole like that does is make you sound foolish.
You have your opinion and I have mine. I do not blame you for having an opinion or expressing it.

"Reserve your right to think, for to think wrongly is still better than to think not at all." - Hypatia of Alexandria

There is a lot of exaggeration and heated emotions when it comes to Middle Eastern politics. I know all the arguments and have heard all the ideologies when I was living with Bassam and his family, Palestinians, in East Jerusalem. I am aware of the injustices and bullying that Israeli military policy can be held accountable for, as well as attacks and violence of the anti-Israel intifada.

The bottom line: I am opposed to the extremist fanatics who want to do away with the other.

Not gonna happen.

Both Israel and the Palestinians are here to stay, so it would be a good idea if they can learn to live side by side within the framework of a two-state solution.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:50 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Quote:
Yep...Americans dying for their country = Purple Heart Medal
.........Palestinians dying for their country= "Terrorists"

Israeli brainwashing of US citizens.
These terrorists aren't dying for their country. Suicide bombing doesn't serve any purpose. It's just the result of a mental disorder.
But don't take my word for it - the proof is in the pudding: so much terrorism, so little progress. Are they any closer to a Palestinian state (in Israel's place) then they were 50 years ago? Absolutely not! They only bring endless misery to their people.
How do you call a group that constantly bang their heads on a concrete wall and expect a different outcome every time? 63 years and they still don't consider different ways?

On a side note: Bin Laden was upset about US military presence in the middle east. So he conceived the brilliant 9/11 plan and what did he get in return? A 100 times more American troops, Iraq and Afghanistan occupied, 1/2 million or more dead Muslims, etc. etc...

Disclaimer: This post is not about the legitimate or illegitimate Palestinian (or Israeli) rights to Palestine. Its limited only to their mode of operation.

Last edited by oberon_1; 10-19-2011 at 08:01 PM..

Old 10-19-2011, 07:51 PM

529 posts, read 363,837 times
Quote:
What's wrong with giving your life for defense of our country?

Killing IDF soldiers in Palestine is not terrorism, it's the only right thing left to do.

Here is what she said exactly “I hope you will walk the same path we took and God willing, we will see some of you as martyrs,”

Good for her. Israel is a brutal occupation force.
Exactly.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:54 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
You have your opinion and I have mine. I do not blame you for having an opinion or expressing it.

"Reserve your right to think, for to think wrongly is still better than to think not at all." - Hypatia of Alexandria

There is a lot of exaggeration and heated emotions when it comes to Middle Eastern politics. I know all the arguments and have heard all the ideologies when I was living with Bassam and his family, Palestinians, in East Jerusalem. I am aware of the injustices and bullying that Israeli military policy can be held accountable for, as well as attacks and violence of the anti-Israel intifada.

The bottom line: I am opposed to the extremist fanatics who want to do away with the other.

Not gonna happen.

Both Israel and the Palestinians are here to stay, so it would be a good idea if they can learn to live side by side within the framework of a two-state solution.
I can largely agree with most of your post and defer to your personal experience 'in country', however, your argument sounds as if we are dealing with equals, when you know that is not the truth. The Palestinians are poor and do without, with Israel often denying them essentials for life, like electricity and water, to say nothing of their illegal boarding and murder of Turkish passengers on a relief ship to Gaza. Then you have the bridges, schools and hospitals that were targeted in the invasion of 2006, all with the blessing of the neoconservatives in D.C.

If any aid goes to this region it should go to the Palestinians, not Israel.

Al Qaeda's motivation for 9/11 was our continued support for the racist government of Israel. Apartheid is alive and well.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:26 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Actually in the terms she clearly used...martyr is someone who goes to prison for their cause.

And she never indicated that the kids should blow themselves up.

Did I ruin your hissy fit thread on how bad and scary Palestinians are?
The definition of the word "martyr" is "a person who voluntarily suffers death as the penalty of witnessing to and refusing to renounce a religion". So she was definitely not talking about the children going to prison in the future, but rather giving their lives (by blowing themselves up) for the (Muslim) Palestinian cause.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:32 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
She couldn't be that bad if Israel let her go...

[another day in the Middle East]
Well actually Israel paid a very high price for the release of Gilad Shalit by letting people as bad (and worse) as her to go free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies