Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 11:06 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,377,645 times

Advertisements

What's to stop a mexican truck driver from defecting to the US once he's here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 11:09 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
As an ex trucker and a Canadian I can tell you this, All this same song and dance was daid about Canadian trucks operating in the USA. For those of you who are blaming Obama think again. Does the USA keep agreements or not? This was an agreement made at the time NAFTA was signed. Reagan was the president then I recall. GW Bush accelerated the programme during his years as POTUS. There will be no broken down Mexican trucks running around the country. Not anymore than broken down Canadian trucks. Both of us are under very heavy inspections and statistical analysis of our trucking performance. This also includes drivers. If you are concerned about unsafe trucks then be concerned about American trucks. We would never get across the border with an unsafe truck.

This reciproical trucking agreement works very well between Canada and the USA. There are nearly as many American truck rolling down the road towards Toronto as they pass by my house in Niagara Falls as there is Canadian trucks. As I'm leaving Detriot there are more Canadian trucks heading down the road towards Chicago than American, at least near the border. So this situation works well for us both.

That will just not be the case with Mexico at all. Who in their right mind wants to take loads into Mexico. I can tell you that I just would plain out refuse such a load assignment and I would not take a tractor trailer full of goods anywhere in that country. It's not safe at all. The roads are horrible, law inforcement is completely off the wall. If you got into an accident you could be jailed until the court case, at fault or not.

The problem is going to be therefore, Mexican trucks will roll all over the USA but American trucks will not be rolling in Mexico.
Good post ! I believe it. My understanding has always been this was a NAFTA deal.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:34 AM

272 posts, read 208,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
What's to stop a mexican truck driver from defecting to the US once he's here?
Not to mention the truckloads of illegal immigrants that will have a free ride into the USA.

no more swimming croc infested waters.

thanks Obama. YOU FRIGGIN IDIOT!

Old 10-20-2011, 11:37 AM

272 posts, read 208,446 times
You people who keep saying it's not Obama's fault. Listen good. HE'S THE PRESIDENT NOW!

Regardless of what Reagan did, Bush did or Clinton did, Obama can fix it.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?

Old 10-20-2011, 11:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gametime View Post
Not to mention the truckloads of illegal immigrants that will have a free ride into the USA.

Idiots are those that blame the wrong people for things they don't like

Old 10-20-2011, 11:57 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:

I think it has already been disproven that it's Obama's fault...

Old 10-20-2011, 12:00 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Ode to Harry

Harry got in his car
And turned the key
He headed out
And started up
The L I E.

Well the trucker couldn’t stop
So the driver took aim!
When he hit Harry
Harry burst into flames!'

Your dead now Harry
You can’t come back
You'd still be alive
If you drove a Cadillac!

Old 10-20-2011, 12:00 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
dude!..you're in Canada!!

Your country is not butted up next to Mexico!!
Your country doesn't have an illegal immigration problem!!
Your country NEEDS America!
Your country should be happy as hell if NAFTA is done away with!
Your country wouldn't enjoy prosperity without the moves America made!

You don't even make sense right now!

DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOUR COUNTRY!!
lest you climb further up on that throne Dude!

You wouldn't recognize sense if it smacked you in the ear. It's not us whining about how the free market is hurting us or have you not bothered even reading the crap you're posting.

I'm responding to posts comtemplating rescinding a deal YOU wanted with us! I'm responding to posts that suggested making it tough for us to do business with you. The little part about taxing the crap our of our loads heading south, is biting YOUR hand?

How so, perhaps you could explain how I'm being un-appreciative in rebutting posts that postulate sugar in our tanks, slashed tires and taxes is being unappreciative to you spoiled brats.

As far as you feeding us; I guess if you cut off that umbilical we can sell our oil to China instead of jumping through additional hoops to sell it to our neighbour.

That very Free Market is making us less and less dependent on you folks all the time except when we're buying your F-35's of course but then whats a few fighter jets when you gave us Walmart.

Your patronizing and condescending attitude is just the sort of thing that has become expected from down there.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:04 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default Ode to US Truckers..Mexican trucks to enter the US on Friday

Well so much for the jobs Americans won't do, goodbye to the American trucking company. More people will be out of work.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:07 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Well so much for the jobs Americans won't do, goodbye to the American trucking company. More people will be out of work.
Right now trucking companies are have a hard time finding qualifed drives so your post makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies