Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 02:25 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,790,808 times

Advertisements

Just another example of Obama and his "credibility" (or lack thereof).

I can't wait for the book to come out next week. (Seal Target Geronimo)

How we killed 'Bert' Laden: Navy Seals reveal truth about raid against Osama Bin Laden | News.com.au
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 02:58 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,279,292 times
welcome to a week ago (where we discussed this in a thread already). Un-named sources, of second hand reports of hearsay is more than enough reason to lie and to sell a book

Old 11-12-2011, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
welcome to a week ago (where we discussed this in a thread already). Un-named sources, of second hand reports of hearsay is more than enough reason to lie and to sell a book
I don't spend 24/7 on CD so that may be why I missed it?

Old 11-12-2011, 04:34 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,375,659 times
You can roll around in all your Obama bashing,bottom line is he authorized a military team to take out our most wanted enemy,mission was accomplished!. if you review his tv announcement of the success of that mission he gave ample kudos to all the soldiers responsible.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You can roll around in all your Obama bashing,bottom line is he authorized a military team to take out our most wanted enemy,mission was accomplished!. if you review his tv announcement of the success of that mission he gave ample kudos to all the soldiers responsible.
It's not bashing, it's a fact. If something is said that doesn't put Obama in a good light, it's bashing? Why is the truth so hard to swallow? What does his "kudos" have to do with the events?

Someone didn't read the link I gather??? Bottom line of the ARTICLE is that he came up with his own version and the Navy Seals are correcting him.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:51 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,540,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
It's not bashing, it's a fact. If something is said that doesn't put Obama in a good light, it's bashing? Why is the truth so hard to swallow? What does his "kudos" have to do with the events?

Someone didn't read the link I gather??? Bottom line of the ARTICLE is that he came up with his own version and the Navy Seals are correcting him.

Sounds like the military I know. Going around correcting the CIC. At least hedidn'tt make some corny right wing propaganda movie about it the way bush did when theyrescuedd that "hero"that never fired a shot......hummmmmm now what was her name

Old 11-12-2011, 04:54 AM

Quote:

How we killed 'Bert' Laden: Navy Seals reveal truth about raid against Osama Bin Laden | News.com.au
Oh wait I found it

*The real Jessica Lynch story Iraq medical staff tell a different story than U.S. military*******The WE News Archives ******

Old 11-12-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:

You really should be more prepared

The truth about Jessica | World news | The Guardian

Obama is 5x the CIC bush was or could ever hope to be. Keep bashing him with all the same bull since 2008. It has helped him so much. 45% steady approval in spite of this economy and the 5% from 50 are mad liberals that he isn't pushing hard enough. The reason.....the unprecedented attacks. Never has a POTUS been more ridiculed and attack by the rightwing. And all it has done is cause folks like me to send money and get involved. If not for the tea party I might even be saying Obama had better get the economy going but their hatred made me see this is bigger than that. I'm fighting the people that believe he doesn't even have the right to be POTUS. I'm fighting for my kids and grandkids rights to be full first class American middle class citizens.......and we will win. We have to.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

Obama is 5x the CIC bush was or could ever hope to be. Keep bashing him with all the same bull since 2008. It has helped him so much. 45% steady approval in spite of this economy and the 5% from 50 are mad liberals that he isn't pushing hard enough. The reason.....the unprecedented attacks. Never has a POTUS been more ridiculed and attack by the rightwing. And all it has done is cause folks like me to send money and get involved. If not for the tea party I might even be saying Obama had better get the economy going but their hatred made me see this is bigger than that. I'm fighting the people that believe he doesn't even have the right to be POTUS. I'm fighting for my kids and grandkids rights to be full first class American middle class citizens.......and we will win. We have to.
Every President had a better record than Bush.

What you are fighting for is the same that the dwindling middle class is fighting for, it's a question of who can provide it.

What is unfortunate is that there isn't a candidate that is worthy of being President, including Obama. We are faced with poor choices. I guess you go with Obama the way Bush was re-elected - the devil you know, the devil you don't know.

Get the economy going? Well the bailouts didn't exactly work did they? The only people who benefited from the bailouts were the people on top who gave themselves big fat bonuses for failure. Focus on cutting and eliminating programs in the US is a priority over cutting and possibly eliminating foreign aid. Yup, keep throwing money at Pakistan, a breeding ground for terrorists, who works against the US by working with the Taliban. I guess the Taliban is contributing more that the US.

Do you really think that everything that comes out of Obama's mouth is truth? He got the vote because he was good at telling the people what they wanted to hear. He hasn't fulfilled any of his promises, or he was lying when he was making them.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:23 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,774,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

So wait. Are you suggesting the government doesn't always tell the truth? Whoa.

It is impossible to say who will win in 2012 but, the signs are not good for Obama. And his performance has certainly been dreadful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies