Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 08:28 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,717,580 times

Advertisements

It was recently revealed that Barack Obama canceled the operation to kill Osama bin Laden on three separate occasions before finally approving the May 2, 2011 Navy SEAL mission.

A newly formed Special Ops group released a 22 minute video today slamming Barack Obama for leaking classified information to the enemy. The group also bashes Obama for taking full credit for the Osama bin Laden raid.

Special Ops OPSEC

Reuters reported:
A group of former U.S. intelligence and Special Forces operatives is set to launch a media campaign, including TV ads, that scolds President Barack Obama for taking credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden and argues that high-level leaks are endangering American lives.

Leaders of the group, the Special Operations OPSEC Education Fund Inc, say it is nonpartisan and unconnected to any political party or presidential campaign. It is registered as a so-called social welfare group, which means its primary purpose is to further the common good and its political activities should be secondary.

In the past, military exploits have been turned against presidential candidates by outside groups, most famously the Swift Boat ads in 2004 that questioned Democratic nominee John Kerry’s Vietnam War service.

The OPSEC group says it is not political and aims to save American lives. Its first public salvo is a 22-minute film that includes criticism of Obama and his administration. The film, to be released on Wednesday, was seen in advance by Reuters.

“Mr. President, you did not kill Osama bin Laden, America did. The work that the American military has done killed Osama bin Laden. You did not,”
Ben Smith, identified as a Navy SEAL, says in the film.

“As a citizen, it is my civic duty to tell the president to stop leaking information to the enemy,”
Smith continues. “It will get Americans killed.”
An Obama campaign official said: “No one in this group is in a position to speak with any authority on these issues and on what impact these leaks might have, and it’s clear they’ve resorted to making things up for purely political reasons.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 08:30 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Yep.

He didn't build that, but he sure the hell took credit for it.

I, I, I, I.

What a disgrace he is to America!

Old 08-15-2012, 08:40 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
I wonder how long it will be before Harry Reid demands the last 20 years of tax returns for each Navy Seal involved with this or claims that they never paid any taxes?

Old 08-15-2012, 09:08 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
I read the Obama transcript. I didn't see one area where he took credit.

Quote:
Tonight, I can report to the American people and to the world, the United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of al Qaeda, and a terrorist who's responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women, and children.
after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden.
Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed.
Tonight, we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism professionals who've worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome. The American people do not see their work, nor know their names. But tonight, they feel the satisfaction of their work and the result of their pursuit of justice.
There is only one thing worse than blindness and that's seeing things that aren't there.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

Not in the ANNOUNCEMENT but he HAS (and so has Biden) in campaign speeches.

I guess you are calling the Navy Seals liars.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:13 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:

There is only one thing worse than blindness and that's seeing things that aren't there.
The irony is completely lost on you isn't it? Or is it just pure unadulterated ignorance?

Do you realize that both sides of the political aisle are taking aim at the Obama White House for these leaks? And yet here you are saying this crap???

You should be embarrassed beyond embarrassed. But you don't care. You've demonstrated time and again that you worship Barack Obama. None of us are surprised. Trust me.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:16 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Not in the ANNOUNCEMENT but he HAS (and so has Biden) in campaign speeches.

I guess you are calling the Navy Seals liars.
You act like he put on an airforce jumpsuit and made a speech with a huge banner with "Mission Accomplished" behind him.

The fact is that OBL was killed on Obama's watch. Since you hate Obama it really irks you that that's a fact. The reality is that Obama would be a fool to never mention that fact. Bush would mention that in every ad if he could have.

There is nothing wrong with Biden saying "that under Obama GM is alive and OBL is dead."

If there was ever an example of false outrage, this is it.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
The reality is that Obama would be a fool to never mention that fact. Bush would mention that in every ad if he could have.
The REALITY?

THAT is a complete HYPOTHETICAL!! You CANNOT say what Bush MIGHT have done and call it "reality"

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with Biden saying "that under Obama GM is alive and OBL is dead."
But you just said that Obama NEVER took credit...yet you just admitted that is in fact what happened!!

Quote:
If there was ever an example of false outrage, this is it.
So you're saying the Navy Seals are displaying "false outrage"????

The ENTIRE REASON those White House leaks happened was to tout Obama killing Bin Laden.

Any outrage is NOT that he was killed on Obama's watch.....it's the BOASTING about it when the fact is that he only authorized it and as a matter of fact, he made sure if the thing went wrong that he wouldn't have to take the blame!

Old 08-15-2012, 09:23 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,310 times
Quote:
You act like he put on an airforce jumpsuit and made a speech with a huge banner with "Mission Accomplished" behind him.
HEY YOU! Don't bring up GEORGE BUSH. We're all trying to pretend that he NEVER HAPPENED, ok? Even though Republicans are following the same policies, using the same rhetoric, and are probably going to include the SAME PEOPLE in a Romney administration, George Bush never happened, ok?? This is about OBUMMER and how he FAILED the economy after George Bush REALLY FAILED the economy and everything else, but remember, it's not Bush's fault because THAT NEVER HAPPENED!

Old 08-15-2012, 09:23 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The irony is completely lost on you isn't it? Or is it just pure unadulterated ignorance?

Do you realize that both sides of the political aisle are taking aim at the Obama White House for these leaks? And yet here you are saying this crap???

You should be embarrassed beyond embarrassed. But you don't care. You've demonstrated time and again that you worship Barack Obama. None of us are surprised. Trust me.
Great post. This guy is a caricature. Hopefully he takes a time out from the 24/7 Oblama shilling because he's pretty much making himself look like more of a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies