Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 03:57 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Gotta YA, I NEVER said his parents were illegals, you proved my point about your able to read. Go back a read the defintion of an Anchor Baby, jeeez I made it easy for you and posted it on this thread. They do not have to be illegals for the child to be an anchor baby. Let me help clear this up for ya. His parents were here legally, they have the baby, then they descide to move to Canada, guess which country the baby is a citizen of, yes, the USA, which means .................... he was an Anchor Baby. NEXT!

sorry, when I was replying, i was replying to a comment by another poster and got your posts confused with that person.

However, Rubio is not an "Anchor Baby". Its still a a politically charged term that has no basis in reality. As I stated earlier in this thread, babies born here cannot provide rights to their illegal immigrant parents. Most of the time, said baby is sent back to the home country along with their parents.

At age 21, should that child decide to come to the US, he/she can do so because he/she is a US Citizen. His/her parents still cannot enter the US, unless that child chooses to sponsor them (and that takes years).

Rubio is a citizen of the US, born on US Soil. He is not an anchor baby, since he as a child, did not give rights to his immigrant parents. They were already here legally, and they became citizens years later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 04:35 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
sorry, when I was replying, i was replying to a comment by another poster and got your posts confused with that person.

However, Rubio is not an "Anchor Baby". Its still a a politically charged term that has no basis in reality. As I stated earlier in this thread, babies born here cannot provide rights to their illegal immigrant parents. Most of the time, said baby is sent back to the home country along with their parents.
"When weighing whether an exercise of prosecutorial discretion may be warranted for a given alien, ICE officers, agents , and attorneys should consider all relevant factors, including, but not limited to:

(...)whether the person has a U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse, child, or parent."

http://www.ice.gov/doclib/secure-com...etion-memo.pdf

I doubt the parents are going to be deported. (I am talking about ILLEGAL aliens who have US Born children; which doesn't apply to Marco Rubio since his parents were actually LEGAL immigrants.)

Old 10-21-2011, 05:16 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
"When weighing whether an exercise of prosecutorial discretion may be warranted for a given alien, ICE officers, agents , and attorneys should consider all relevant factors, including, but not limited to:

(...)whether the person has a U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse, child, or parent."

http://www.ice.gov/doclib/secure-com...etion-memo.pdf

I doubt the parents are going to be deported. (I am talking about ILLEGAL aliens who have US Born children; which doesn't apply to Marco Rubio since his parents were actually LEGAL immigrants.)
Yes a guide; a prosecutorial discretion (meaning that its to the discretion of the government to send them packing). Notice that you missed the "permanent resident" part . so the child could be a 16 year old (who is a child under law) who is a permanent resident and have Illegal immigrant parents. (hey, sometimes it takes that long to catch them). and its not always they are kept here (the child may stay - the government may look for US relative parents to take custody - but the parents are sent back home).

Its a guide. A suggestion. Not law. It doesn't mean that all children of illegal immigrants can have their parents stay here.

My bro-in-law worked for ICE for 5 years. He often saw illegal aliens with children born here, deported along with their US citizen children .

and Yes, Rubio is not an "anchor baby".

Old 10-23-2011, 03:21 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
His parents were not US citizens at the time of his birth.
Yet they did come here legally and became citizens through the process of our immigration laws did they not?

Old 10-23-2011, 03:22 PM

140 posts, read 231,915 times
This entire "Anchor Baby" thing is ridiculous. I can't believe anyone is even entertaining the notion, unless they are out to gratuitously discredit Rubio with a blatant smear. In order to have been an "anchor baby," Rubio's parents would have had to have been illegal aliens who had Rubio with the hope of staying in the USA by virtue of having an American son. That's the entire premise being "anchor babies." The fact is that Rubio's parents were legal aliens with American visas, visas that gave them the right to live and work in the USA legally. They were planning to move back to Cuba when Castro took over. So, there goes this entire "anchor baby" canard flying out the window.

Folks, please, if you're going to talk nonsense, at least bring up things that make some sense.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:40 PM

943 posts, read 782,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
His parents were not US citizens at the time of his birth.
Rubio is a white cuban. Conservatives and racist are okay with those type of anchor babies.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:42 AM

809 posts, read 2,315,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Just a thought on anchor babys. Why not make every parent in the country with American Children into citizens if they want it, then after that no one born here to immigrants are automatically citizens unless their parents do so themselves first the legal way and they the children do so later themselves, as it used to be done. That way when we deport people for being here illegally for one reason or another we do not deport Americans at the same time because they are children. It would end the problem and resolve it so everyone wins in the end. Just a thought.
That would require alot of thinking and planning especially when it comes to conception.
An anchor baby is someone born out of parents' desperation to dodge the immigration system. This is not the case with Marco Rubio and his parents. His parents were not illegal. They didn't cross a border or wade in a river to get here. They weren't stuffed in a car trunk, nor did they have to claim "wet foot dry foot." There is no proof whatsoever that they had him in order to facilitate and guarantee their own personal immigration status. They came here legally and he was born in an American hospital. Therefore that makes him an American citizen, eligible to be POTUS. If anything there is legislation to relax the requirements to be POTUS (not that I agree with it).
That should explain why he is not an anchor baby.

Last edited by gymbuff; 11-10-2011 at 07:04 AM..

Old 11-10-2011, 08:10 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,811,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
No they weren't, but they were here legally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
They were here legally...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
He is not an anchor baby because his parents entered the US legally...
"Legally" can involve undocumented immigrants as well, who aren't "documented" (yet) but are allowed to stay legally. Now, people on visitors visas are also legal. Would you, in that case, suggest the idea of "anchor baby"?

Old 11-10-2011, 08:20 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,068 times
Where is Marco Rubio's birth certificate? Why won't he clear up these questions? Who forged his documents? I don't care what the evidence says, I'm convinced he's from Kenya.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:24 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
No they weren't, but they were here legally.

Exactly!!!

When a foreigner sneaks into the US, enters into our country illegally, and gives birth to a baby in our hospitals, for the expressed purpose of creating an instant US citizen, in order to circumvent our immigration laws, that is an act of creating an anchor baby. When a person is allowed to immigrate into the US legally, then they are here legally, and their immigration status is legal.

Why is the obvious so hard for some people to grasp?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies