Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 05:14 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
O-M-F-G! WHAT diplomacy? He freakin' invaded a country that was no threat to us, and lied about WMD's, yellow cake, and everything else, to get the support he needed.

Personally, I thought, even way back then, that he had a hard-on for Iraq and was bound and determined to get us in there to finish what his daddy didn't - some kind of desperate attempt to prove something to Bush Sr., I guess.

Gawd! I can't believe anyone would credit BUSH with diplomacy. What a crock.
Yikes you really can't be that clueless, can you? Bush negotiated a status of forces agreement that protected our soldiers from Iraqi prosecution. Obama was unable to negotiate the same agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 05:14 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Like Obama, I think we need to maintain a presence, the fact that the Turks are there is not good. You clearly don't get it, not only do Bachman and Romney think we should be there, but so does Obama, but he couldn't pull it off.
No, you agree with Bachmann and Romney that we should stay. In case you have reading comprehension problems, Romney and Bachmann did not agree with Obama. Obama is pulling us out. You and your neocon friends want us to stay. You probably would like to see us invade Iran as well. Isnt that about correct...or at least bomb the crap out of them.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:16 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Sigh, I am blaming Obama for a diplomatic failure. Do you think there is any value to diplomacy? You really seem to think it is worthless.

Let me put it to you this way, Bush was able to negotiate with the Iraqi's, terms favorable to our troops. Obama was not.
I think there is a lot of value in diplomacy, but if the people you are negotiating with will not meet your demands then you need to say no deal.

How about this, you can believe that Obama failed diplomatically and everyone else can celebrate that our troops will no longer be in harms way and can be home safely with their families.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
No, you agree with Bachmann and Romney that we should stay. In case you have reading comprehension problems, Romney and Bachmann did not agree with Obama. Obama is pulling us out. You and your neocon friends want us to stay. You probably would like to see us invade Iran as well. Isnt that about correct...or at least bomb the crap out of them.
Ok lets take this in small bites for you. First question. Why is Obama pulling out of Iraq? Remember, you cant lie, I have already linked the reason.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I think there is a lot of value in diplomacy, but if the people you are negotiating with will not meet your demands then you need to say no deal.

How about this, you can believe that Obama failed diplomatically and everyone else can celebrate that our troops will no longer be in harms way and can be home safely with their families.
Sure, I also believe Iraq will be a suburb of Turkey and Iran as a result. It also is a failure of Obama's ability to negotiate.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:18 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:

Let me put it to you this way, Bush was able to negotiate with the Iraqi's, terms favorable to our troops. Obama was not.
In what freakin' way????

I'm actually starting to think you're just a troll - and that you're trying to get my blood pressure up. Your claims about Bush are totally baseless, untrue, and flat out ridiculous.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:22 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Quote:
Bush Obtained a status of forces agreement that protected our troops, Obama couldn't.

Obama got kicked out.
You're like a broken record but you'll be in the minority with this view of events.

Tell the news of the withdrawal to the average American, especially ones with family or friends deployed, and will they react like:

1. That loser Obama couldn't manage to secure an agreement with Iraq and now we're being kicked out.

or

2. Hooray, our troops are coming home, good for Obama that he kept his promise.

I'd put money on 2.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:22 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Sure, I also believe Iraq will be a suburb of Turkey and Iran as a result. It also is a failure of Obama's ability to negotiate.
Iraq is already under heavy influence from Iran as a result of the war being waged in the first place. So is that Bush's fault?

Old 10-21-2011, 05:31 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
They're baaaack!

Romney:

“President Obama’s astonishing failure to secure an orderly transition in Iraq has unnecessarily put at risk the victories that were won through the blood and sacrifice of thousands of American men and women. The unavoidable question is whether this decision is the result of a naked political calculation or simply sheer ineptitude in negotiations with the Iraqi government. The American people deserve to hear the recommendations that were made by our military commanders in Iraq.”

Bachmann:

“President Obama’s decision represents the end of the era of America’s influence in Iraq and the strengthening of Iran’s influence in Iraq with no plan to counter that influence. We have been ejected from a country by the people that we liberated and that the United States paid for with precious blood and treasure. The administration claims that we got exactly what we needed, but today’s announcement demonstrates otherwise. The United States needed a working democratic partnership in Iraq and we should have demanded that Iraq repay the full cost of liberating them given their rich oil revenues. I call on the president to return to the negotiating table with Iraq and lead from the front and not from weakness in Iraq and in the world.”
Solved easily. Bring the troops home, send Romney and Bachmann in their steed. Let the new Iraq who ought to get accustomed to wiping it's own butt decide what to do with them.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:39 PM

730 posts, read 828,110 times
romney and bachmann should watch this:

Ron Paul This Speech Gave Me Chills - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies