Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2011, 03:46 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
the only news or websites that say the story is untrue are muslim based countries and websites - the brussels journal a swiss newspaper interviewed 3 people regarding their reaction to the request of changing the swiss flag - somehow i dont believe a newspaper would interview 3 people if there was no truth to the request nor do i believe they would post that information on their website - not only has the brussels journal written about it but other periodicals and websites as well - there is a website from the uk founded by a group of athetists which covers that topic also - somehow i would think they would be the most neutral of everyone that has covered the subject - i read about what i post, i dont just pull it out of where i sit - so i would say no i dont spead misinformation
Ok so you are saying that Muslims suggested the cross be removed? That's what you likely think happened?

Or did a Christian suggest it be removed?

From the Pravda link:

The first suggestion to remove the cross from the Swiss flag was made not by a Muslim, but an ethnic Croat and Catholic vice-president of the association of immigrants Secondos Plus Ivica Petrushich. "The cross does not fit today's multicultural Switzerland," he said.

In fact a Muslim leader disavowed the suggestion.

Apparently, this circumstance was taken into account by the head of the Federation of Islamic Organizations in Switzerland Mayzar Hisham, who called the idea of ​​changing the flag "counterproductive." He said that they did not demand anyone to change the ancient traditions of their countries.

When you can name a source that can put a name to "They"..please get back to us. I know you would really really like to smear Muslims on this. Don't give up.

Last edited by padcrasher; 10-28-2011 at 04:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 03:52 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
They are home. They are American citizens who happen to be Muslim. For many this is the only home they have ever known. Many being second and third generation.

This is not an issue raised by Muslims, but someone who is not a Muslim and has made it his personal cause. But don't let that cloud your judgment.
I don't care who raised the issue. It's a catholic school. There are Muslim schools in this country that yes, receive at least a tax exemption. An exemption means they're funded by the government. When they invite the Catholics to attend their schools, we can celebrate with a pig roast.

....ain't happening. The same should go for the Catholics. They should have the right to preserve their environment. The end. No amount of liberal blather can make this a valid issue. It's nothing more than some whiney ******* looking to kick some sand in some faces.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:56 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"But after a Muslim student at Minneapolis Community and Technical College slipped and hurt herself last autumn while washing her feet in a sink, word got out there that the college was considering installing a foot bath, and a local columnist accused the college of a double standard - stopping a campus coffee cart from playing Christmas music but taking a different attitude toward Islam."

Some U.S. universities install foot baths for Muslim students - The New York Times

Our tax dollars at work!
Hmmm. Every place I've worked at has had foot baths. In segregated rooms, marked "Men" and "Women". You go in and dunk your foot in the wash bowl. Then you tug on a little silver handle and get fresh water for the other foot. There is even paper there with which to dry between your toes, but it's very thin. Maybe Allah commands thin paper. Sometimes there are skid marks in the Muslim foot baths... Sometimes there is even worse stuff floating in the Muslim foot baths. I think it's a sculpture of Mohammed that some Muslim made.

I'll bet Catholic University has such Muslim foot baths available!

Old 10-28-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
I don't care who raised the issue. It's a catholic school. There are Muslim schools in this country that yes, receive at least a tax exemption. An exemption means they're funded by the government. When they invite the Catholics to attend their schools, we can celebrate with a pig roast.

....ain't happening. The same should go for the Catholics. They should have the right to preserve their environment. The end. No amount of liberal blather can make this a valid issue. It's nothing more than some whiney ******* looking to kick some sand in some faces.
It went completely over your head. Muslims are not demanding Catholics give up any of their beliefs or religious works.

They want to form their own club like the Jewish students have and they want to be provided a space not in the middle of a Catholic sanctuary. No skin off this school's back whatsoever...you just want them to lose. Period.

If you don't like the law. Work to have the law changed.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:59 PM

712 posts, read 1,366,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Muslims say crosses at Catholic University Violate “Human Rights” | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

The Tower : University Accused of Discriminating Against Muslims

And here we go. The have enrolled for school at a CATHOLIC university, and are complaining that -

Now, I could be wrong, but this is a faith based PRIVATE institution, and the people enrolling there KNOW it is a faith based PRIVATE institution, yet they complain when this institution doesn't go out of it's way to accommodate OTHER religions?

Kinda of like going to church and complaining that they don't have prayer rugs and korans for muslims?

Really?
SOLVED: Muslims are right. The CROSS, which has been symbolized in Christianity is the equivalent of bearing the symbol of an electric chair, etc. Read about it, during the times of Jesus, lots of criminals died by the cross. So why throw that in other people's faces? Keep religion to yourself and life will be great!

Old 10-28-2011, 04:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
SOLVED: Muslims are right. The CROSS, which has been symbolized in Christianity is the equivalent of bearing the symbol of an electric chair, etc. Read about it, during the times of Jesus, lots of criminals died by the cross. So why throw that in other people's faces? Keep religion to yourself and life will be great!
It's a Catholic school for crying out loud.."keep it to yourself".
*shakes head.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:06 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Smearing Muslims again....You forgot the part where the Catholic University receives public funding and you forgot the part where the University did not allow them to form a Muslim group.
Ever the apologist.

This is like joining an all female provate school, and then complaining that there are too many women in the school, and demanding the college ban women from the study areas.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:10 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
It went completely over your head. Muslims are not demanding Catholics give up any of their beliefs or religious works.

They want to form their own club like the Jewish students have and they want to be provided a space not in the middle of a Catholic sanctuary. No skin off this school's back whatsoever...you just want them to lose. Period.

If you don't like the law. Work to have the law changed.
No, I just happen to think that the majority needs to stop cow-towing to every minority with a loud enough voice.

What the hell good is it to be the majority if you end up serving every minority cause that raises a big enough stink?

What the hell are jews and muslims doing at a Catholic institution anyway? Throw'em all out. In the first place, those two religious groups are among the LEAST tolerant of outsiders. Who cares what they want?

Old 10-28-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Ever the apologist.

This is like joining an all female provate school, and then complaining that there are too many women in the school, and demanding the college ban women from the study areas.
Actually the Muslims joined a school that they assumed would obey the law.

Who knew the school had bigots on staff?

Now deal with the lawyers.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:28 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Pravda has gone from being the mouthpiece for the Communist Party to being a tabloid. I would be hesitant to cite it as a news source, given its lack of rigor in terms of journalist standards.
That's why I included three links... choose the one that works best for you. Oh wait, you did. That was Pravda.

Or just google the topic yourself.

Muslim immigrants want Switzerland to change national flag - English pravda.ru

Immigrants Want Swiss Flag Without A Cross | The Brussels Journal

Swiss flag offensive to Muslims
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies